The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I support the Super Kings.
Mumbai Indians.
Reply 3
Kochi Tuskers or Deccan Chargers!!
My innate instinct drew me towards Mumbai Indians....but that was only because I'm in awe of Tendulkar and always want him to do well. I hold a soft spot for Kings XI Punjab though as my dad originates from there. Problem is that their squad is possibly the worst in IPL and they give us very little to get hyped up about.
mumbai indians!
Original post by CookieGhoul
IPL is bor-ing. Cheap entertainment. Want some real entertainment ? Watch Shane Watson

his innings was ****ing insane!
Reply 7
Should I add a poll to this?
Reply 8
Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Mumbai Indians or Chennai Super Kings
lol after the ICC all the players are just bumming about, plenty of failed slip catches.
Reply 10
You should support Mumbai Indians, they are gonna win IPL 2011 season, because they are having Sachin Tendulkar....
I'm going for Royal Challengers Bangalore, but that's because of personal bias to Virat Kohli :wink:
RCB do have a pretty good squad, however it sucks that they lost some of their 'big guns' (Kallis, Ross Taylor, Steyn).
But they've replaced 'em with Vettori, AB De Villiers, Nannes and Dilshan (all who previously played for Delhi :biggrin:)

Otherwise, I think the Super Kings and Mumbai Indians are looking vaaaaaaaaaaary good. Guess it's a bit early in the tournament.

I don't want to be a gloryhunter, so go RCB <3

Ooooh gutted that they've got Yuvraj Singh playing for Pune, KVIP miss him badly.
Punjab epically fail this year, they weren't even that good with Yuvi, Sangakkara, Pathan etc....now it's even worse.

Can't support Punjab anymore :frown:
Reply 12
I love having the IPL on the TV, but the standard of bowling and fielding is just embarassingly bad, even compared to English T20.

Who to support? No idea. You can't really consciously pick a team, they tend to pick you. Why support a team at all unless you have some connection with the region? Just enjoy the cricket as a purist.
Go for mumbai indians mate...in Tendulkar we believe! In general I like choosing teams I have a connection with or if they're not the favs but have one or two of my fav players like Delhi and Sehwag.

But I'm frm Bombay anyway so gonna stick wid them even if we lose...its looking good at the moment though :biggrin: Kinda disappointed we lost Zaheer Khan at his best...him, Malinga and Bhajji wouldve been one heck of an attack.
(edited 13 years ago)
Lol, agreed.

But I also love Kohli and De Villiers :wink: :heart:
Original post by The_Timepasser
Go for mumbai indians mate...in Tendulkar we believe! In general I like choosing teams I have a connection with or if they're not the favs but have one or two of my fav players like Delhi and Sehwag.

But I'm frm Bombay anyway so gonna stick wid them even if we lose...its looking good at the moment though :biggrin: Kinda disappointed we lost Zaheer Khan at his best...him, Malinga and Bhajji wouldve been one heck of an attack.

Agreed. RCB have Zaheer...wooo!
Mumbai are looking great, hope I don't jinx them.

Kinda sad after the World Cup that all the Indian players who were playing together just over a week ago, and they are now playing against each other...sad :/
All the indian teams lol (who ever wins)
Original post by Manesh2468
All the indian teams lol (who ever wins)

True, I guess I won't be gutted, whoever wins. I have a favourite player in practically every team.

Gosh, I now remember why I love the IPL so much :smile:
Original post by moanycar.
True, I guess I won't be gutted, whoever wins. I have a favourite player in practically every team.

Gosh, I now remember why I love the IPL so much :smile:

lol i guess it depends on what part of india u rep, id prefer mumbai to win cose im near there but meh its all good fun to watch, who ever wins in the end is just a bonus.
Original post by moanycar.
Agreed. RCB have Zaheer...wooo!
Mumbai are looking great, hope I don't jinx them.

Kinda sad after the World Cup that all the Indian players who were playing together just over a week ago, and they are now playing against each other...sad :/

damn we lost too many good players...Tiwary, Duminy and even Jayasuriya's retired. Im not too sure about our batting though

Not really, this is jus a fun tournament. But yeah the world cup was magical :^_^:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest