The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not sure I think that D or DD cups are the average now but I know girls who think that D or DD is too big. I think that any size is good but over a DD/E cup then that is slightly too big but I wouldn't complain as in most cases they are just naturally like that and wouldn't think any less of them than any other girl who has smaller ones
Original post by .Ali.
Kinky. :colone:

How so? :awesome:

Well, I think we need to take it out of this thread before the windows steam up :sogood:
Original post by .Ali.
I know how you feel, I find it really difficult to get sexy bras in my size, it irritates me so much. Have you thought about buying offline? There's some shops who do above a D in nice styles and I believe they ship internationally. :smile:

of course there are online shops but you can´t try them on which makes it difficult.
Reply 143
The whole point of this thread? We can learn that cup sizes mean very little.
Reply 144
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Well, I think we need to take it out of this thread before the windows steam up :sogood:

:sexface:
Original post by Cynthi007
of course there are online shops but you can´t try them on which makes it difficult.

You can usually send them back if they don't fit. :smile:
Reply 145
I tend to agree that D cup breasts aren't really what I would call big. Personally, I feel that genuinely big breasts are at least an F cup.
Original post by M&Ms
32 wrong key sorry :colondollar:

They're not very close...?
The cup size is proportional to the back size.
And also like, a 30E = 32DD = 34D = 36C = 38B.
Obviously, if you were a 32DD you wouldn't wear a 38B bra but essentially they're pretty much a similar size.
And if 36C is average, does that make 30E average too? No but if you think about it might be.
Oh, and don't get at me if that's not right, that's just what a woman in a bra shop told me.

To answer the original question, a D cup looks big if you're small but if you're large then it looks small. Going back to my point that it's proportional.
Reply 148
Original post by purplesherbet
The cup size is proportional to the back size.
And also like, a 30E = 32DD = 34D = 36C = 38B.
Obviously, if you were a 32DD you wouldn't wear a 38B bra but essentially they're pretty much a similar size.
And if 36C is average, does that make 30E average too? No but if you think about it might be.
Oh, and don't get at me if that's not right, that's just what a woman in a bra shop told me.

To answer the original question, a D cup looks big if you're small but if you're large then it looks small. Going back to my point that it's proportional.

Do you mean that if you have a backsize of 38 a B cup will look like an E on a 30E? Cos that doesn't make sense in my head :s-smilie:

And how can they be the same when the letter refers to how much your boobs 'protrude' while the back size refers to how large/small frame is at that point on your body?

Edit: Genuinely curious - I'm not having a go :smile:
Original post by .Ali.
That's not true, if it was, there wouldn't be sizes like 30E, 30F, 30G etc. I'm slim with big boobs, it's possible.

My friend is a size 6/8 and wears 28/30H bras

there is no justice.
Original post by krish.x
Bull! I'm short, 32F and my boobs are not saggy... size 8/10 dress size (unless it's those stupid dresses with boob bits sectioned out because they DISCRIMINATE!!:frown: )

How short ? Either you have amazingly large and perk boobs (not a chance) or you are very broad for your height.
Original post by krish.x
Do you mean that if you have a backsize of 38 a B cup will look like an E on a 30E? Cos that doesn't make sense in my head :s-smilie:

Yes.

Look at these two bras, one is 30DD and the other is a 40DD:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anya~
what a ****ty example to use! Katy Perry is NOT a DD or even a D cup. Hell she's just about a C on a small mid backsize. :facepalm2:

THAT is a DD cup. Katy P just stuffs her bra all the time the lying wench

http://www.listal.com/list/how-does-katy-perry-measure

Tbh, I do believe that Katy Perry is a D or DD cup. I myself am a C on a small mid backsize, and Katy's boobs look so much bigger than mine, so no way she could be the same. You sound like on of those people who often underestimate cup sizes.
Original post by Jimbo1234
How short ? Either you have amazingly large and perk boobs (not a chance) or you are very broad for your height.

What on earth does height have to do with how much breasts sag.

Look at Selma Hayek or Kim Kardashian, do they have saggy breasts?
Original post by Anonymous
Response to some threads I've seen lately where a lot of people are like "OMG D BOOBS :drool:" when in reality, D is pretty average and on some women, quite small, depending on the backsize. I'm not trying to put anyone down, I'm just wondering as to why D is considered large, when it isn't, unless your backsize is 34 or above.

She's a 32DD and it doesn't look like she has 'large breasts' to me.

Thoughts?

I'd say they're quite hefty breasts actually. But that's probably just a comparison to my only-just-C-cup.
Original post by StressReliever
What on earth does height have to do with how much breasts sag.

Look at Selma Hayek or Kim Kardashian, do they have saggy breasts?

And you proved my point.
Selma Hayek is only a C cup and Kim Kardashian is a DD cup. Thus to have bigger and not sag you will have to be taller and broader. :rolleyes: Please read what I post and do some background research before posting.
Were people saying you're fat/large if th backsize is large?

Because Im a 34 A a size 8, 24 inch waist , Im not fat on my upperhalf! Just big ribcage ? :s
And you proved my point.
Selma Hayek is only a C cup and Kim Kardashian is a DD cup. Thus to have bigger and not sag you will have to be taller and broader. :rolleyes: Please read what I post and do some background research before posting.

Based on an outdated sizing system....

Selma Hayek is no 36C, that would be at least a size 14!

She is probably more along the lines of a 28F/30E....this is based on her measurements of 36-25-37. You do not wear a 36 band if you have a 36 bust. Someone with a 25" waist will likely be in a 28 or 30 band. And for every band size you go down the letter increases to keep the same volume in the cup, i.e. 36C = 34D = 32DD = 30E = 28F.

Kim has similar measurements to Selma and is very likely around the same sort of size.
Reply 158

Not a chance?
Height: Low 5somethings and if my back is 32 and I wear size 8 how can I be broad? :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 159
Cause Im A :ahee:

Latest