The Student Room Group

should i tell my gf that i never want to get married

i have been with her for over 6 years and i always told myself that i don't want to get married because why should i get married to prove that i love someone? also i want to have only 1 child. should i tell her this or never?
If the topics haven't come up in six years, why bother...
Reply 2
I suggest you have a talk to her about this as its quite an important issue in the relationship unless in the six years she has also indicating that her views are the same as yours regarding the matter.
No need to tell her, it could potentially damage the relationship, thus result in you not participating in sexual intercourse for a long period of time.

Plus you're the man in the relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by Pink Bullets
If the topics haven't come up in six years, why bother...

this.
Reply 5
If it comes up, tell her the truth. Otherwise, you're free to go on as normal!
Reply 6
Original post by DeepStar
I suggest you have a talk to her about this as its quite an important issue in the relationship unless in the six years she has also indicating that her views are the same as yours regarding the matter.

will i lose her one day because of this? many girls want to get married or dream about it
Reply 7
Original post by chris700
will i lose her one day because of this? many girls want to get married or dream about it

I can't answer that as I don't know her views on the matter.

Not all women want to get married and not all women want to have children. Whilst some change their mind as they grow older, some don't.

You have to be honest about your standpoint in the matter, she deserves that much and then it is up to her, how she decides to deal with the information.

All I can say is, be prepared for the best and worst outcome.
Reply 8
Original post by DeepStar
I can't answer that as I don't know her views on the matter.

Not all women want to get married and not all women want to have children. Whilst some change their mind as they grow older, some don't.

You have to be honest about your standpoint in the matter, she deserves that much and then it is up to her, how she decides to deal with the information.

All I can say is, be prepared for the best and worst outcome.

you are right. if this ruins my relationship i will no longer be religious because religion with their marriage is the most dumbest thing ever. sorry i had to vent lol
I say tell her. If you're lucky she'll feel the same way, if not then she can move on. 6 years in you need to be able to talk about these things.
Reply 10
Original post by chris700
you are right. if this ruins my relationship i will no longer be religious because religion with their marriage is the most dumbest thing ever. sorry i had to vent lol

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending