The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Hours

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Refrigerator
I'm gonna do 5-6 hours per day I reckon:

wake up at 7, start work at 7:30, work 3 hours, 1 hour break, work 1 hour, 1 hour lunch break, work 2 hours and then play for the rest of the day

at least that's what I aim to do

Sort of similar to me...I have been waking up at 6:30 and revising up-to 12 with short breaks in between subjects, then I do art coursework for the rest of the day
Reply 21
Yesterday I did 2, the previous days none. Today I've already done 3 and a half, aiming for around six in total. Tbh I'll probably average about 3 or 4 hours per day tops though - with whole days off to do other things. I got my target grades in my mocks with zero revision so to revise much more seems a little excessive. At the end of the day, do as much revision as you can do without losing focus/while having a life.
Reply 22
Original post by becilouise
Yeah, i thought i had it bad till i came on here:') and well you can change your subjects through the day; i find it easier to know what i need to revise in the day... & thanks, thats been helpful :biggrin:

lucky (; i generally stick to one topic for about three hours, procrastinate whilst revising, but i do do a lot of revision ^-^

Original post by HelloGoodbye
Thanks guys, I haven't managed 4 hours of revision yet, the most I've revised in 1 day was 2hrs and 45 mins so I really need to stop procastinating.
I used to revise by copying my notes out and making revision cards and posters, but I get really bored now and have music playing whilst im revising, do you think it's more effective? I don't get very distracted but my friend told me she listens to music whilst revising and I thought she was crazy but it doesn't seem much of a distraction. I just hope my grades don't drop.

music can be off putting, but that is coming from someone who revises whilst playing music, i actually listen to classical music, which is really calming, they say that listening to classical music helps improve your work. Also, i wouldnt listen to music with lyrics because you end up singing a lot to it.
Reply 23
Original post by BookWormShanti
Yesterday I did 2, the previous days none. Today I've already done 3 and a half, aiming for around six in total. Tbh I'll probably average about 3 or 4 hours per day tops though - with whole days off to do other things. I got my target grades in my mocks with zero revision so to revise much more seems a little excessive. At the end of the day, do as much revision as you can do without losing focus/while having a life.

tbf, i am a right keeno when it comes to work, i have really high aspirations to do well, a lot of my friends are really clever, i have three friends all going to oxford next year, i have another friend going to cambridge uni so i guess i want to be like them. I am going to one of the top grammar schools next year too soo yeahh (;
Reply 24
Original post by Articaaa
tbf, i am a right keeno when it comes to work, i have really high aspirations to do well, a lot of my friends are really clever, i have three friends all going to oxford next year, i have another friend going to cambridge uni so i guess i want to be like them. I am going to one of the top grammar schools next year too soo yeahh (;

Fair enough, but you can combine the two. I want to apply to Oxford too (but because I love my subject and think it has the most appealing course, not because of others - very few get in from my comp) and I'm predicted straight A*s - but I know what I need to do, and what is sensible. I'd rather spend extra time reading around my subject.
Also - I live in Gloucestershire (well, on the border)- are you off to Pates or Denmark Road by any chance? Or if not, where? :wink:
EDIT: how much revision are you doing then? And how many exams?
Reply 25
Fair enough, but you can combine the two. I want to apply to Oxford too (but because I love my subject and think it has the most appealing course, not because of others - very few get in from my comp) and I'm predicted straight A*s - but I know what I need to do, and what is sensible. I'd rather spend extra time reading around my subject.
Also - I live in Gloucestershire (well, on the border)- are you off to Pates or Denmark Road by any chance? Or if not, where? :wink:
EDIT: how much revision are you doing then? And how many exams?

woah! i live in gloucestershire! it says in the top -.- ahaha... yeah i have had a conditional offer from pates! :biggrin: i currently go to balcarras school which is also very good, i also have a place there for sixth form.

which school do you go to? which sixth form are you going to? what subject do you want to take at uni?

I am doing a lot of revision to be fair. but i am glad i am doing it becuase if i dont do well, i know i would have put in my best efforts.

I have 16 exams D: the beginning ones (16th may) and the end ones (28th june) D:
Reply 26
woah! i live in gloucestershire! it says in the top -.- ahaha... yeah i have had a conditional offer from pates! :biggrin: i currently go to balcarras school which is also very good, i also have a place there for sixth form.

which school do you go to? which sixth form are you going to? what subject do you want to take at uni?

I am doing a lot of revision to be fair. but i am glad i am doing it becuase if i dont do well, i know i would have put in my best efforts.

I have 16 exams D: the beginning ones (16th may) and the end ones (28th june) D:

Yeah I saw, lol, that's how I knew. Awesome :smile: I got an offer from Pates for the normal time (so year 7) again in year 9 (also from Denmark Road/Malvern St James) when I changed schools (I'll pm you with where I am as I'd rather keep it off the web). I very very nearly considered applying again for sixth form after open evening but eventually decided enough was enough, Pates is a great school - but my comp is perfectly lovely for me, and all my friends are there. Besides if I changed my mind for the 3rd time and decided not to accept an offer, they'd be furious :ninja: My best friend has an offer and will probably accept it (:cry:) and she is the most wonderful person ever, so look out for her! I've heard of Balcarras briefly, good school :smile: EDIT: looking at the website - it looks amazing! Way more professional than mine!
I want to study English at Uni :h: What about you?
16? Lucky! I have 21 (and have already taken 11 last year) - 16th to the 26th.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Yeah I saw, lol, that's how I knew. Awesome :smile: I got an offer from Pates for the normal time (so year 7) again in year 9 (also from Denmark Road/Malvern St James) when I changed schools (I'll pm you with where I am as I'd rather keep it off the web). I very very nearly considered applying again for sixth form after open evening but eventually decided enough was enough, Pates is a great school - but my comp is perfectly lovely for me, and all my friends are there. Besides if I changed my mind for the 3rd time and decided not to accept an offer, they'd be furious :ninja: My best friend has an offer and will probably accept it (:cry:) and she is the most wonderful person ever, so look out for her! I've heard of Balcarras briefly, good school :smile: EDIT: looking at the website - it looks amazing! Way more professional than mine!
I want to study English at Uni :h: What about you?
16? Lucky! I have 21 (and have already taken 11 last year) - 16th to the 26th.

cool! you should have come to pates (; it looks really good. I decided to go there, because, even though i am leaving all my friends, most of them are leaving anyway:L and my oldest friend is going to pates from denmark road :biggrin: i so know i wont be alone :biggrin: i will look out for your friend :smile:

Balcarras is the best non-selective school in gloucestershire (y) i only just got in :s-smilie:

I want to study something like maths. although, recently i have become more interested in music!

Talking about english, i have english tutoring in a bit -.- i really struggle with english because i have more the logical mind.

how do you have 21?! a few of mine are retakes! :P
Reply 28
cool! you should have come to pates (; it looks really good. I decided to go there, because, even though i am leaving all my friends, most of them are leaving anyway:L and my oldest friend is going to pates from denmark road :biggrin: i so know i wont be alone :biggrin: i will look out for your friend :smile:

Balcarras is the best non-selective school in gloucestershire (y) i only just got in :s-smilie:

I want to study something like maths. although, recently i have become more interested in music!

Talking about english, i have english tutoring in a bit -.- i really struggle with english because i have more the logical mind.

how do you have 21?! a few of mine are retakes! :P

I'm sure you'll have a great time at Pates. I'm friends with several people our year and the year below through guides and they really love it. That sounds great :smile: Maths is my weakest subject, actually - and I have a very non musical mind! If there's anything I can do to help with English, please say - nice to find someone local. The closest I've found before in Birmingham :lol:
Um:
French x2, German x2, Latin x2, Maths x2, Add Sci x3, Trip Sci x3, English Lit x1, RE x3, History x1, Geography x1. Just realised my revision timetable has another RE one on from last year, it's 20 :awesome:
Done: History x2, RE x1, Core Sci x3, English Lang x2, Geog x1, Stats x1. And I was counting another RE exam (going crazy with these -it's 9).
No retakes :dance:
Reply 29
I'm sure you'll have a great time at Pates. I'm friends with several people our year and the year below through guides and they really love it. That sounds great :smile: Maths is my weakest subject, actually - and I have a very non musical mind! If there's anything I can do to help with English, please say - nice to find someone local. The closest I've found before in Birmingham :lol:
Um:
French x2, German x2, Latin x2, Maths x2, Add Sci x3, Trip Sci x3, English Lit x1, RE x3, History x1, Geography x1. Just realized my revision timetable has another RE one on from last year, it's 20 :awesome:
Done: History x2, RE x1, Core Sci x3, English Lang x2, Geog x1, Stats x1. And I was counting another RE exam (going crazy with these -it's 9).
No retakes :dance:

that's really good :biggrin: yeah, Gloucestershire is such a nice place, i like right next to the hill and im at the edge of town so its not too busy here.

Yeah, English is my weakest subject :/ i got B in my coursework and i am predicted a B overall :/ i am just getting tutoring to see if i can get an A :biggrin: If you want, i could help you with your maths :grin:

I have got two whole GCSEs, i got an A* in my maths :dance: but that is my strongest subject and i also got an A in music (i took it when i was in year 9 :dance:)

I have English Lang x2, Biology x2, English Lit x1, Chemistry x2, Business x1, Product Design x1, Geography x2, Additional Maths x1, Russian x3, Physics x1.

I am doing triple science too :dance: Last year, i had already taken Biology x1, Chemistry x1, Physics x1, Product Design x1 but yeah, i am retaking them 1. because i have the chance to and 2. because i can do better :biggrin: :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest