The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DontJudge
yes. but you obviously didn't learn. in your name you've got an exclamation mark in a middle of a word. :wink:

In yours you lack fundamental apostrophe use - your point?

To avoid dragging this too far off topic - in response to the OP, I would quite happily become friends with some of my teachers; I know I get along with some really well already. Maths teachers especially, although that may be to do with my really bad selection of maths jokes. I want to be a maths teacher myself some day so having those connections would help me no end.

I see nothing weird about it at all. You can have friends of any professions, why should teachers be any different?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Contrad!ction.
In yours you lack fundamental apostrophe use - your point?

To avoid dragging this too far off topic - in response to the OP, I would quite happily become friends with some of my teachers; I know I get along with some really well already. Maths teachers especially, although that may be to do with my really bad selection of maths jokes. I want to be a maths teacher myself some day so having those connections would help me no end.

I see nothing weird about it at all. You can have friends of any professions, why should teachers be any different?

i guess its much different in your area. but being friends with your teacher here is just absurd.

teachers in our school are chavs with no degree. they're people we should hate.
if its a safe teacher, that we're really friendly with then mayby
Reply 42
yeh man. got A in it.
just dont come from a privalidged background like you lot.

Oh the irony...
Reply 43
you stop it. you no im telling the truth. thats why . you should of not starting this in the first place, i was gonna win any how.

If I was going to be pedantic, I'd comment on the fact that you've spelt 'know' wrong, and that it should be "you should not have started this" rather than "you should of not starting this". What you've said doesn't make sense.

However, instead of sinking down to your incredibly petty level and clogging up this thread with things off-topic, I'm just going to ignore your future comments. I'm going to go ahead and let you think you've "won", when in fact there was no competition and nothing to "win".

:smile:

EDIT: Reading above comments, I thought I'd also add the fact that you don't have to be from a priviledged background to be educated. Unfortunately you know nothing about me, so you can't really classify me as being "priviledged". I'm not.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by aeterno
Oh the irony...

Wait, it's not irony, it's juxtaposition!! :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by pipster93
Wait, it's not irony, it's juxtaposition!! :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :biggrin:

On the basis that you're mocking her...I'll let you off :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 46
Original post by aeterno
On the basis that you're mocking her...I'll let you off :biggrin:

Spoiler

Hahaha, of course! :smile:
Reply 47
Hahaha, of course! :smile:

Good :biggrin:

You never know with TSR...:p:
i guess its much different in your area. but being friends with your teacher here is just absurd.

teachers in our school are chavs with no degree. they're people we should hate.
if its a safe teacher, that we're really friendly with then mayby

Well, I talk to my maths teacher all the time and get "ooh, you so fancy him!" so I guess I get it the same as you - some people don't understand that teachers are also people. Most of our teachers are nice, there are some who can't teach but are great to talk to, and a few *******s I'd rather not see in lessons, let alone out of them.

Depends on the job but I still don't see why there's so much negativity on platonic relationships with teachers. It's the stupid position of care thing - trying to avoid any possibility of overstepping the line, resulting in not being able to chat to students. Which sucks.
Reply 49
Original post by aeterno
Oh the irony...

what you talking about. is that the only word you no!
why don't you speak direct! instead of indirectly, critisizing me!
Reply 50
what you talking about. is that the only word you no!
why don't you speak direct! instead of indirectly, critisizing me!

How is that the only word I know when I've only used it once to you? :lolwut:
I'm pretty sure I quoted you hence I was speaking directly to you.

Go and read a book on English grammar, then come back and argue with me :wink:
Reply 51
Original post by aeterno
How is that the only word I know when I've only used it once to you? :lolwut:
I'm pretty sure I quoted you hence I was speaking directly to you.

Go and read a book on English grammar, then come back and argue with me :wink:

im not talking about if you speaking or not.
im talking about the wording you use! direct quotation, is often used by men.
and can you just stop critisizing me for my english.
Reply 52
If I was going to be pedantic, I'd comment on the fact that you've spelt 'know' wrong, and that it should be "you should not have started this" rather than "you should of not starting this". What you've said doesn't make sense.

However, instead of sinking down to your incredibly petty level and clogging up this thread with things off-topic, I'm just going to ignore your future comments. I'm going to go ahead and let you think you've "won", when in fact there was no competition and nothing to "win".

:smile:

EDIT: Reading above comments, I thought I'd also add the fact that you don't have to be from a priviledged background to be educated. Unfortunately you know nothing about me, so you can't really classify me as being "priviledged". I'm not.

why people keep saying thaT BTW. that your not from a privalidged background! what just because your dads car not a mercedes benz. becuase your house is not like the buckingham palace. you have the basics atleast! you wont ever understand what i mean, when i say not privalidged.
Reply 53
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Well, I talk to my maths teacher all the time and get "ooh, you so fancy him!" so I guess I get it the same as you - some people don't understand that teachers are also people. Most of our teachers are nice, there are some who can't teach but are great to talk to, and a few *******s I'd rather not see in lessons, let alone out of them.

Depends on the job but I still don't see why there's so much negativity on platonic relationships with teachers. It's the stupid position of care thing - trying to avoid any possibility of overstepping the line, resulting in not being able to chat to students. Which sucks.

lol. exactly that. if you ever get comfy with a teacher, word goes around bla bla. pedofilia. this teacher got the sack cos he dated 15 year old!i was gonna puke when i herd that!thats why i kinda stay away from that kinda thing.:redface:
Reply 54
im not talking about if you speaking or not.
im talking about the wording you use! direct quotation, is often used by men.
and can you just stop critisizing me for my english.

Er, in your earlier post you said 'why don't you speak direct' ...or have you forgotten already?
What about 'the wording I use'? And how exactly is direct quotation 'often used by men'?
Sense: you make none.
I'm criticising your English because you've been criticising the English of others when your grasp of the language is far from perfect.
yeah, not weird at all. i'm pretty good friends with one of my old english teachers, but we're both female and she's married and in her 60s so i don't think anyone would think "more" was going on there.
Reply 56
Original post by aeterno
Er, in your earlier post you said 'why don't you speak direct' ...or have you forgotten already?
What about 'the wording I use'? And how exactly is direct quotation 'often used by men'?
Sense: you make none.
I'm criticising your English because you've been criticising the English of others when your grasp of the language is far from perfect.

you no what it is. you dont get me.
you dont understand the friggin point of what the hell im tryna say.

I'll have to speak in the correct terms and manner, just to baby feed you and maybe then you will understand me. I hate people who DON'T get me!
You're like questioning everything i say!
no ironic. juxtaposition idiot.!
i did it with that intension.i am someone with somuch judgemental veiws.

*not ironic
*intention
*so many (omitting the 'so' would make better grammatical sense).

The word 'I' should also be capitalised and your syntax is appalling ('.!')

I don't think you're in any position to call someone else an 'idiot'.
Reply 58
you no what it is. you dont get me.
you dont understand the friggin point of what the hell im tryna say.

I'll have to speak in the correct terms and manner, just to baby feed you and maybe then you will understand me. I hate people who DON'T get me!
You're like questioning everything i say!

NO ONE GETS YOU BECAUSE YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!

Do you get it now? Or are you just that dense?

Go and learn proper English. Until then, **** off.
Reply 59
Original post by Chaofan88
*not ironic
*intention
*so many (omitting the 'so' would make better grammatical sense).

The word 'I' should also be capitalised and your syntax is appalling ('.!')

I don't think you're in any position to call someone else an 'idiot'.

shut the hel up ever herd of slang. do you not have frends? or do they run away cos you pik on their english!

Latest

Trending

Trending