The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by the realist
guys with massive muscles and baby faces don't really look right, similarly if the guys a little short theres a limit to how big he can get before his neck starts to dissapear and he looks a little silly really.

Muscles can be worked on and faked. But nice hair, eyes and symetrically pleasing facial features cannot.

But if you have a big chest and biceps you can dress skimpier... girls love that.
Toned yes, but if it's obvious you've spent far too many hours at the gym I'm not interested. Whether true or not, I immediately make judgements; those being "that guy is vain and has too much spare time."

I'd much rather have an intelligent, nice guy. If he's toned, that's awesome, but he shouldn't look like he's in a weightlifting competition.
Reply 22
Original post by mirin?
So are you saying personality counts too? Maybe if i'm really nice and stuff to girls they'll like me.

Yeh my point is, if you're healthy and happy, you'll be far more attractive than a buff jerk or a weedy super nice guy. There's always a nice balance :smile:
man who the **** actually has time to go go the gym :confused:
Original post by the realist
guys with massive muscles and baby faces don't really look right, similarly if the guys a little short theres a limit to how big he can get before his neck starts to dissapear and he looks a little silly really.

Muscles can be worked on and faked. But nice hair, eyes and symetrically pleasing facial features cannot.

Hair cut and stylist
Coloured contacts
Cosmetic surgery
Reply 25
Original post by mirin?
I want more girls to fancy me and i'm wondering if a big chest and biceps would make them notice me more?

Knew this would be you.

No, I don't.
Reply 26
Original post by mirin?
I want more girls to fancy me and i'm wondering if a big chest and biceps would make them notice me more?

Personally, I hate really big muscles and six packs on guys! I much prefer a normal sized guy (but preferally not obese! :tongue:) I wouldn't worry about it, each to their own! x
Reply 27
Original post by Superlogon
Yeh my point is, if you're healthy and happy, you'll be far more attractive than a buff jerk or a weedy super nice guy. There's always a nice balance :smile:

Girls always go for the jerks though :frown: .
Nice guys like me don't stand a chance, i try so hard too :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by becky=)
Personally, I hate really big muscles and six packs on guys! I much prefer a normal sized guy (but preferally not obese! :tongue:) I wouldn't worry about it, each to their own! x

:ashamed2:
Original post by mirin?
But if you have a big chest and biceps you can dress skimpier... girls love that.

Listen to what the girls have said though.

Too much muscle=not good

Toned, yes.

Those guys who look like gorillas in a tank top arent attractive to many women at all. Especially many discerning, thinking women. I would suggest that, that sort of image might appeal to a bimbo looking girl if that's what you want.

It's like a woman saying if they had massive J cup boobs and bleach blonde hair walking around in a bikini all day, they'd get more male attention. Probably. But from the wrong sort of men that wouldnt be looking for a personality if you get what I'm saying.

If you lived in Jersey Shore, maybe it would work for Snooki and Pals, but I bet you don't.
I have a thing about buff bodies. I love big arms, and six packs. a bit of definition round the pecks is good too!
Reply 31
Original post by sophieelis
I have a thing about buff bodies. I love big arms, and six packs. a bit of definition round the pecks is good too!

What about our feelings man? We're quite emotional when we like someone and all they can look at is the jock bully who spends hours in the gym! I've been broken hearted many times. :redface:
Reply 32
Original post by j.laurence
:ashamed2:

:colondollar: Sorrrrryyy, just a personal preference :P Although I'm sure theres tons of girls who would disagree! :biggrin:
don't let it get you down :smile: the guy i'm with at the moment wasn't exactly buff but he decided to go to the gym and it's paying off for both of us- girls aren't too fussed about finding a guy with a perfect body cos that's just too hollywood. i'm sure your other qualities make up for it! :smile:
Original post by mirin?
Girls always go for the jerks though :frown: .
Nice guys like me don't stand a chance, i try so hard too :frown:

OP, if you do everything for a girl who doesnt deserve it, you'll end up losing your self respect and she'll see you as someone who can be used and abused. This tends to be the way for women who are too eager to please as well.

Try to think of being sexually appealing and warm in personality rather than being too nice. It's too much like a friend, the behaviour you're suggesting. You'll end up friendzoned for ever.

To create desire you need to be seen to have your own life as well and not drop plans to accomodate a girl. Not being a people pleaser all the time and being a yes man.
Reply 35
don't let it get you down :smile: the guy i'm with at the moment wasn't exactly buff but he decided to go to the gym and it's paying off for both of us- girls aren't too fussed about finding a guy with a perfect body cos that's just too hollywood. i'm sure your other qualities make up for it! :smile:

so you basically made him insecure enough to go to the gym because of your own personal preference?

what a sheila.

Sorry, basically girls, this is what i hate. I'm sure the other girls will agree with me when i say that this is what is wrong with society! ! !
Original post by mirin?
so you basically made him insecure enough to go to the gym because of your own personal preference?

what a sheila.

Sorry, basically girls, this is what i hate. I'm sure the other girls will agree with me when i say that this is what is wrong with society! ! !

no, i keep my body in shape for him because i know he appreciates it. i could stuff myself with cake and crisps all day but i don't. He thought it would be fair to return the favour. and equally you could argue that society has basically made men force women to shave or wax all pubic hair- i would say that is worse. Don't be too quick to judge please.
Reply 37
no, i keep my body in shape for him because i know he appreciates it. i could stuff myself with cake and crisps all day but i don't. He thought it would be fair to return the favour. and equally you could argue that society has basically made men force women to shave or wax all pubic hair- i would say that is worse. Don't be too quick to judge please.

wtf? so now i'm judging? pfffttt. You're judging that society has forced women to shave or wax all pubic hair. I love au naturale, women are fair and beautiful maidens who need to be appreciated as they are. I think most girls would agree with me when i say that the world has gone aesthetic crazy! We don't want to look like Zac Efron man, we just want to be happy. :tongue: No offence, its just i feel strongly about this! Nothing wrong with a bit of woman hair!
Okay well I appreciate your view; but after all, all i did was answered your original question.
Reply 39
Original post by mirin?
I love au naturale, women are fair and beautiful maidens who need to be appreciated as they are. I think most girls would agree with me when i say that the world has gone aesthetic crazy! We don't want to look like Zac Efron man, we just want to be happy. :tongue: No offence, its just i feel strongly about this! Nothing wrong with a bit of woman hair!

Eww. That's nasty.

Latest

Trending

Trending