The Student Room Group

HELP! I can't revise properly!

Scroll to see replies

Ask online for people doing the same exam, ask for their notes, write them out, pass exam.

I did that for biology AS, revised in the morning got an A.
Original post by sb123303
Urgh Same!!! I got an E in Jan, was sooo shocked cause i thought it went alright, and now im predicted a D, even though I gt an E in my mock :frown:

I got an E in Jan, it was a stupid paper imo.
Ive written all of my notes for Bio now, just going to go through them and do practice papers and questions today.

Are you using a revision book?
Original post by cleverlew
Erm, Physics I think. The others are fine/

Ah ok, I'm finding chemistry hard, all that stuff to remember!
Original post by dream_merchant
not sure. Durham definitely. Been around a couple of times as my brother goes there (hes graduating in june) and its such a wonderful place.

other than that, im going for a week at Leicester in july for interdisciplinary sciences so maybe there if i like it.

the main ones that everyone applies to from what ive seen is durham, bath, ucl so maybe them. and you cant forget the all almighty cambridge :eek:

Nottingham have a good natural sciences course too, they are my insurance, I didn't like the idea of interdisciplinary science though as I don't like biology that much.
Reply 44
Same here...
but i find that condensing all my work realy helps..
do mind maps and notes
LOTS OF COLOUR!!!! :biggrin:
im a visual learner so it works for me :smile:
hope that helps

PEACE :smile:
Today I actually cleaned my room. :lolwut: That's how desperate I was to get away from revision.

The only subject I got an A in last January was the only one I made flashcards for :teehee: so now I've resorted to making and using flash cards day and night :biggrin:
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Nottingham have a good natural sciences course too, they are my insurance, I didn't like the idea of interdisciplinary science though as I don't like biology that much.

i dont like physics, its nasty :tongue:
stick post it notes on the toaster/mirror/computer/loo roll holder with formulas and stuff written on. You'll subconsciously remember them eventually...
Reply 48
Ah ok, I'm finding chemistry hard, all that stuff to remember!

I know what you mean lad. You got all them colours to learn?
i dont like physics, its nasty :tongue:

Do you have to do physics in interdisciplinary science?
Original post by cleverlew
I know what you mean lad. You got all them colours to learn?

Ye, though I have invented a game to help me remember the colours, would you like the link to it?
Reply 51
Original post by sb123303
Ok so everytime I go to revise, I get distracted or start daydreaming:confused::s-smilie:.... i feel like im failing my exams and everyone else will succeed.

Honestly, this is gonna sound really weird, but my dream is to be able to pick up a suitcase and get on a plane and fly to a different country whenever im fed up of life. But i can't do that if I dont have any money:eek:

(im a girl doing AS levels) :colone:I've already had exams in Jan and literally messed up on every single one... does this happen to you?!?! How many exams do you have

I do maths and sciences btw.

Whats the best way for you guys to revise?? especially for Biology, I literally open the textbook and then shut it.

Surely we must have been separated at birth.
Reply 52
Stay calm! Make a list of the topics and find out which ones your not so good at from past exam papers etc.

I found when revising for my Alevels, that doing a past paper then marking it and going back revising the topics i wasn't good at then doing a different past paper helped me loads. Asking friends to test you also helps, my friends would ask me a question from a card i'd given them, it made me feel really good if i got it right, but in my frees i'd go and find out what the answer was if i'd got it wrong. It's all revision!!

Does your school/college do after school revision sessions? I found attending these and getting the teacher to help with topics was also a good revision technique.

Good Luck for your exams :smile:
Reply 53
Firstly, make a revision timetable. this way you can be more organized and feel that you have control.

a good way to revise is to make posters and stick it onto the walls. that is what i have done and every time i look at a "wall" i subconsciously take in some information (:

Also, go through your text books and highlight key facts. that could be useful. i havent tried it yet, but i shall after i have finished making posters :biggrin:
Reply 54
use loads of different books
Do you have to do physics in interdisciplinary science?

pretty sure you dont. better check on that though :s
pretty sure you dont. better check on that though :s

Probably not then :smile: You will enjoy it! So are you applying to Cambridge then?
Reply 57
Thanks for the advice guys! Good Luck to you all!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: x
Probably not then :smile: You will enjoy it! So are you applying to Cambridge then?

i really dont know. its knocking my head in.

Pros:
the course looks really good.
its got the prestige factor
ill feel really good for gettin in
and i mean its cambridge?!

Cons:
being realistic, im not gonna get in
massive workload
i wont be anywhere near the top so wouldnt get a good 'grade' as its based on ratio.
all work and no social/free time

If i apply and dont get in, it will give me a slight knock, but it wont bother me that much (so i keep telling myself) If i dont apply ill never know and itll bug me the rest of my life.

sigh..
i really dont know. its knocking my head in.

Pros:
the course looks really good.
its got the prestige factor
ill feel really good for gettin in
and i mean its cambridge?!

Cons:
being realistic, im not gonna get in
massive workload
i wont be anywhere near the top so wouldnt get a good 'grade' as its based on ratio.
all work and no social/free time

If i apply and dont get in, it will give me a slight knock, but it wont bother me that much (so i keep telling myself) If i dont apply ill never know and itll bug me the rest of my life.

sigh..

Ye so apply! Even if you don't get in, you can find out where you went wrong and improve that in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending