The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
University of Edinburgh Med School
Reply 21
Fair shout with Bath.

Its probably the best academically rivaled only by the School of Oriential and African studies medical school.
Reply 22
Heard the lecturers at Bath med school are out of this world, literally.

But seriously Cardiff cos of this -
Reply 23
Original post by amir shah
the top ones are probably Imperial, Oxbridge, UCL, Kings, Durham, Barts etc.

Tbh, medicine is medicine where ever you do it. There only about 40 medical schools in the uk, anyway. And it depends on what kind of person you are and the course being offered. for example - the Oxbridge course is quite outdated, using traditional methods of teaching, wheras newer medical schools use problem based learning

do you want to do medicine? :smile:

oh dear....
Reply 24
Original post by Hippysnake
Why isn't it the best?

Well I thought since it was medicine - a very competitive course - there's not much difference in medical school other than their location and style of teaching?
Reply 25
Original post by Organ
oh dear....

what?
Reply 26
Original post by amir shah
what?

just multiple cliches really - durham doesn't even have a med school ffs (its part of newcastle), calling oxbridge 'outdated', just picking london-centric schools with no justification etcetera
Reply 27
Original post by swahmad

Original post by swahmad
Well I thought since it was medicine - a very competitive course - there's not much difference in medical school other than their location and style of teaching?

Obviously you haven't looked into Bath!
Reply 28
Original post by zuzu
what is the best and greatest medical school in the uk - like say ucl and warwick are really good for law - where is like this for studying medicine? how would you rank - say the top five?

UCL is top for medicine as well, but it would depend on peoples opinions... i would say UCL personally :smile:
Original post by swahmad

Reply 30
Original post by Iqbal007

UCL is top for medicine as well, but it would depend on peoples opinions... i would say UCL personally :smile:

:colonhash:
Original post by gozatron

Barrffff! Good for two things, rugby and MEDICINE! :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by gozatron

No. Now can someone explain to me why it's the best while I try to google it too? :tongue:
Reply 33

..but there's no justification behind this! best for getting in debt perhaps :colone:

there's no way you can claim ucl is better than say newcastle, or leeds, or dundee
It's Bath as in hearth, you commoners! :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Bath, coz its mysterious... like Hogwarts :u:
Reply 36
Original post by Organ
just multiple cliches really - durham doesn't even have a med school ffs (its part of newcastle), calling oxbridge 'outdated', just picking london-centric schools with no justification etcetera

Oops. :colondollar:

London is cool. and the Oxbridge course is outdated and 'traditional'.
Some say Renal is secretly the admissions officer of Bath Medical School.
Reply 38
Original post by Susanoo
In between the two. Baarrfff!!

I also think its in between the two, but as ba-th. Not ba-ff. not ba-rff. not ba-rth! :redface:
Reply 39
Original post by swahmad

Original post by swahmad
No. Now can someone explain to me why it's the best while I try to google it too? :tongue:

Well, only the elite get in. Have you seen the minimum entry requirements? A*A*A*C with Step II,III at grades 1,S respectively. Its crazy but worth it. I mean graduates have the opportunity to bypass the first year of foundation training because the course is so intense.

Latest

Trending

Trending