The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University:Stoke-on-Trent

Hello!!!

Just wanted to know what it's like at the Staffordshire University, specifically the Stoke-on-Trent Campus?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Princess Vita
Hello!!!

Just wanted to know what it's like at the Staffordshire University, specifically the Stoke-on-Trent Campus?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!:smile:

Hello! I'm at Staffs Uni doing Music Journalism and Broadcasting on the Stoke Campus. I'm not actually living in the halls there so I don't know what they're like but it is a really good university. All of the lecturers I have are brilliant and the resources (library, equipment, etc) are really good as well. Anything else you want to know, just quote and ask me :smile:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Scott129
Hello! I'm at Staffs Uni doing Music Journalism and Broadcasting on the Stoke Campus. I'm not actually living in the halls there so I don't know what they're like but it is a really good university. All of the lecturers I have are brilliant and the resources (library, equipment, etc) are really good as well. Anything else you want to know, just quote and ask me :smile:

Do you have much knowledge on the Radio production course? or Just on your radioish one?

Cheers
Reply 3
Original post by eggd2
Do you have much knowledge on the Radio production course? or Just on your radioish one?

Cheers

Erm...well the radio facilities are really good, you've got 3 studios I think, all properly equipped and what not. And I have a friend who works on the uni radio station which you may be interested in who says thats good as well. Apart from that mate, I don't know much about it haha.
Reply 4
Erm...well the radio facilities are really good, you've got 3 studios I think, all properly equipped and what not. And I have a friend who works on the uni radio station which you may be interested in who says thats good as well. Apart from that mate, I don't know much about it haha.

Haha, awesome :biggrin:
Reply 5

Hi!!!

Thank you very much!
Reply 6

Hi again,

Just wanted to kindly ask you what the Stoke-on-Trent area is like, in general?

Is it a really busy area or a quiet place?

Thanks and all the best with your course as well.
Stoke is pretty chavvy :smile:

I go to college right next to the Uni and the train station is literally opposite so thats good.
As long as you dont go into the rougher parts of Stoke you should be alright.
It gets pretty busy sometimes but its okay :smile:

Sorry that hasnt helped much haha :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Jellybeany
Stoke is pretty chavvy :smile:

I go to college right next to the Uni and the train station is literally opposite so thats good.
As long as you dont go into the rougher parts of Stoke you should be alright.
It gets pretty busy sometimes but its okay :smile:

Sorry that hasnt helped much haha :smile:

Thank you for the information.

It is appreciated!
:smile: If you need to know anything about the area i will try my best to help you! :smile:
Reply 10
:smile: If you need to know anything about the area i will try my best to help you! :smile:

That is very considerate of you...thanks again.
Reply 11
Hi again,

Just wanted to kindly ask you what the Stoke-on-Trent area is like, in general?

Is it a really busy area or a quiet place?

Thanks and all the best with your course as well.

Yeah, jellybeany got it pretty much spot on there. Rough. There's some parts of stoke which are nice, hanleys alright, good shopping centre there. But yeah, the unis in an awful area.
Stoke is not that good around the main area, pretty chavy however around the university is actually not a bad area it is mainly full of students anyway so just feels like a massive campus. The best parts are mainly hanley and newcastle under lyme (though newcastle is not located in stoke on trent).

Depending what area depends which area you will feel more comfortable in .. newcastle is mainly the stuck up side where hanley is laid back and will see more locals near.
Original post by Smilingsam
Stoke is not that good around the main area, pretty chavy however around the university is actually not a bad area it is mainly full of students anyway so just feels like a massive campus. The best parts are mainly hanley and newcastle under lyme (though newcastle is not located in stoke on trent).

Depending what area depends which area you will feel more comfortable in .. newcastle is mainly the stuck up side where hanley is laid back and will see more locals near.

Newcastles not that stuck up! Haha :rolleyes:
It takes me about 5-10 minutes from Newcastle (driving) to get to college (right next door to the Uni)

Its better than Hanley though :smile:
Newcastles not that stuck up! Haha :rolleyes:
It takes me about 5-10 minutes from Newcastle (driving) to get to college (right next door to the Uni)

Its better than Hanley though :smile:

Well if you say so, could be that I know a lot of stuck up people up there ill put it another way then, also prefer hanley to newcastle much more happening :wink:.

Newcastle is like the west side of london
Hanley is like east side of london

*my knowledge of the area is because i live on the opposite side of you at the university if you were wondering. :tongue:
Well if you say so, could be that I know a lot of stuck up people up there ill put it another way then, also prefer hanley to newcastle much more happening :wink:.

Newcastle is like the west side of london
Hanley is like east side of london

*my knowledge of the area is because i live on the opposite side of you at the university if you were wondering. :tongue:

Haha okay :smile:

Hanleys better for a night out and theres more to do i suppose!
I still quite like Newcastle :smile:
Where abouts do you live then? :s-smilie:
Haha okay :smile:

Hanleys better for a night out and theres more to do i suppose!
I still quite like Newcastle :smile:
Where abouts do you live then? :s-smilie:

Well the bad side of stoke on trent meir, but i do admit that newcastle does have the bonus of a nice cinema compared with the nightlife of hanley.
Reply 17
Yeah, jellybeany got it pretty much spot on there. Rough. There's some parts of stoke which are nice, hanleys alright, good shopping centre there. But yeah, the unis in an awful area.

Hey Scott,

Thanks again!

I really do appreciate it since I'm not from the UK, as you can tell from my location.

So just doing my research and your information is appreciated.
Reply 18

Hi!!!

Thank you very much for your response and I'll try to keep in mind the helpful information you have provided.
Reply 19
Hey Scott,

Thanks again!

I really do appreciate it since I'm not from the UK, as you can tell from my location.

So just doing my research and your information is appreciated.

No problem. Hope my last answer didn't put you off too much. I was a bit nervous before I came here because I knew of stoke's reputation but whilst I've been here, I've had no problems and it's a brilliant uni. Can't recommend it enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending