The Student Room Group

Fighting Morons.

So basically, ive just had this argument withsomeone. I feel like i have understood where she has come from and what she has been trying to convey to me and that could have been the end of it. But the thing is, i still know she hasnt at all tried to concede her part in the problem and hasnt said anything like "i can see how this is my fault also". It seems that she wants me to accept that she never had a part in the problem for me to actually be labelled as having listened and "stopped trying to be right".

I dont understand this. I feel like all i can ever do to not be labelled argumentative is to just accept that everyone does good and that im just bad and i do wrong in every instance. How can that be right?

The problem with that is that everytime i "do something wrong" i will be blamed for always doing things wrong so then what do i say? im sure it will make things worse if i just say that i just concede to everything because i feel they are all morons and cant concede to anything so i have to do it all??

arghhhh!! advice would be appreciated!!
Reply 1
Arguing with idiots is fruitless - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Reply 2
Original post by Jake22

Original post by Jake22
Arguing with idiots is fruitless - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thanks, i guess you're right.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, ive just had this argument withsomeone. I feel like i have understood where she has come from and what she has been trying to convey to me and that could have been the end of it. But the thing is, i still know she hasnt at all tried to concede her part in the problem and hasnt said anything like "i can see how this is my fault also". It seems that she wants me to accept that she never had a part in the problem for me to actually be labelled as having listened and "stopped trying to be right".

I dont understand this. I feel like all i can ever do to not be labelled argumentative is to just accept that everyone does good and that im just bad and i do wrong in every instance. How can that be right?

The problem with that is that everytime i "do something wrong" i will be blamed for always doing things wrong so then what do i say? im sure it will make things worse if i just say that i just concede to everything because i feel they are all morons and cant concede to anything so i have to do it all??

Now you know how Obama feels.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Funnily enough, you just described every argument my girlfriend and I have ever had. What I like to do is take a couple of steps back, and try to calmly explain what she said or did, and how it made you feel. Even if she still thinks she didn't do anything wrong, the fact that she made you feel a certain way is deserving of an apology.

Luckily, my girlfriend comes around eventually. If this girl doesn't, I wouldn't bother giving her the time of day.
Inb4 OP is the moron.
Reply 6
Original post by Watcher7

Original post by Watcher7
Funnily enough, you just described every argument my girlfriend and I have ever had. What I like to do is take a couple of steps back, and try to calmly explain what she said or did, and how it made you feel. Even if she still thinks she didn't do anything wrong, the fact that she made you feel a certain way is deserving of an apology.

Luckily, my girlfriend comes around eventually. If this girl doesn't, I wouldn't bother giving her the time of day.

Thanks for your advice. Considering this has to do with my mum, i dont think i could do the same as you as she is stubborn but i see what my BOYFRIEND does in what you do... kind of makes me think more about getting in strops with him! i hope your girlfriend figures that too!
Reply 7
Original post by Angie varona

Original post by Angie varona
Inb4 OP is the moron.

i have no idea what inb4 means so im not going to judge you too harshly but "OP is the moron" is a stupid thing to say. Dont refer to me in the third person as if im not going to read your post and if you dont have any advice or anything constructive to say, then get lost.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending