The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Straight up G
Of course not, I'm hoping for entry to Birmingham, Leeds or Newcastle.
In a perfect world, I'd be hoping for entry to the golden triangle minus Kings.
I do still not understand why anyone would reject them on quality/method of teaching.

Does it not bother you that those three medical schools offer sub-standard teaching, and your parchment will forever be tarnished by the prospect of having one of those universities written on it? :rolleyes:
Original post by Organ
Harvard use PBL.

I won't comment because I know nothing about Harvard's medical school.
Reply 82

Of course not, I'm hoping for entry to Birmingham, Leeds or Newcastle.
In a perfect world, I'd be hoping for entry to the golden triangle minus Kings.
I do still not understand why anyone would reject them on quality/method of teaching.

Man your dumb. :facepalm:

Doesn't matter what university you study medicine at, you will come out with the same job prospects. The only choices a potential medic should have to make is where they want to live for 5/6 years and how they want to be taught.
Reply 83
I won't comment because I know nothing about Harvard's medical school.

You know nothing about UK medical schools but that evidently didn't stop you commenting.
Blatz gotta be:

Borough of Ealing: Southall School of Indian Studies, Medicine and Dentistry
Original post by Beska
Does it not bother you that those three medical schools offer sub-standard teaching, and your parchment will forever be tarnished by the prospect of having one of those universities written on it? :rolleyes:

I can't afford going to London, and as with everyone, its doubtful I'd even get in to a Golden Triangle university.

And no, because as I'm sure a forum elder as you will know, it's irrelevant for FY1 applications.
Original post by Beska
You know nothing about UK medical schools but that evidently didn't stop you commenting.

:smile:
Reply 87

I can't afford going to London, and as with everyone, its doubtful I'd even get in to a Golden Triangle university.

And no, because as I'm sure a forum elder as you will know, it's irrelevant for FY1 applications.

Someone missed the sarcasm. :teeth:
Original post by Singh993
Blatz gotta be:

Borough of Ealing: Southall School of Indian Studies, Medicine and Dentistry

Southall? Nah. All about Blackburn school of Punjabi Medical Sciences. PSC
Original post by gozatron
Someone missed the sarcasm. :teeth:

Someone saw it and deliberately fell for it
Maybe its because I'm surrounded with people who say that PBL is a doss and that you never learn anything, it's all stupid amounts of self study, ie you are paying for the privilege to teach yourself medicine. You are, as some noob said, an imitation of your best friends.

If PBL is a doss, I'm scared for the state of Drs in years to come.

Self-orientated study for me is a very good method. I've done Uni before and paying extortionate sums of money to fall asleep in lectures and be told to 'read more about it in the library' is a bit of a joke to say the least.

I'd rather pay to be taught in a group with constant feedback instead of feedback in the way of exam grades and boring lectures.

edit; as with most things, each to their own and all that jazz.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 91

Someone saw it and deliberately fell for it

O rly?
Reply 92
Newcastle Medical School :holmes:
Reply 93
Original post by Fusilero
Newcastle Medical School :holmes:

blates
Reply 94
No, your statement's wrongly worded, but what you mean to say is that I know nothing about medicine applicants.

Maybe. I still don't understand it either way. If you are clever enough to do medicine than you should be clever enough to follow a traditional course.

Oh dear.
Reply 95
Oxford
Imperial
Cambridge
UCL
KCL

the rest of the english ones

some of the scottish ones

most of the scottish ones
Reply 96
Southall? Nah. All about Blackburn school of Punjabi Medical Sciences. PSC

Punjabi Doctrate is offered here at Southall .... it's > PMC... :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by SteveCrain

Original post by SteveCrain
Birmingham
Oxford
Imperial
Cambridge
UCL
KCL

the rest of the english ones

some of the scottish ones

most of the scottish ones

Fixed that for you.
Reply 99
Original post by gozatron
Fixed that for you.

Birmingham split from the United Kingdom in 2007 and is an extension of Peshawar province. It therefore cannot be admitted into the league table rankings.

Latest

Trending

Trending