The Student Room Group

KFC Godfather Box Meal! .. Worth the price?

Hey, I just tried this yesterday. It was nice.

The burger was sooo delicious. It is really really worth £5.90 (I went large.)

Anyone tried it yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's a good shout, had one after playing a basketball game a while back and yes they are sweet and probably worth it (rare in my opinion).
That other piece of chicken in the burger (the first piece) looks rank and I'd take it out but if I had the money for it, yeah I'd probaby buy it but I'm skint right now..
Reply 3
OMD YES. I had it two days in a row :colondollar:
I would eat it everyday if I didn't value my health..
Original post by converselove
That other piece of chicken in the burger (the first piece) looks rank and I'd take it out but if I had the money for it, yeah I'd probaby buy it but I'm skint right now..

The top piece you mean ? If yes, then that's not chicken, it's potatoe.... :smile:

The sauce in the burger is delicious!

Although the chicken piece that came with the meal is very boney (lots of bones). There were hardly any meat in it but it was a big piece.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
If you like the Tower Burger box meal, then yeah, it's worth it, as it's effectively the exact same thing but with a different sauce.

Besides that, there's absolutely no difference to any other component.
Reply 6
Original post by street.lovin'
The top piece you mean ? If yes, then that's not chicken, it's potatoe.... :smile:

MMMMMM hash browns...:tongue:
Reply 7
I wanna try it :biggrin:
Original post by TotoMimo
If you like the Tower Burger box meal, then yeah, it's worth it, as it's effectively the exact same thing but with a different sauce.

Besides that, there's absolutely no difference to any other component.

I have not really been to KFC. There is only one branch in my city and it's quite small. lol I dont like going there.

So I don't really know about other stuffs that KFC has. :smile:

I tried it yesterday cos I stopped at Cambridge motorway service. hehe

Yeah, I think it also depends on whether you like the burger or not. I love chicken burger so it's always going to be my thing.

I still think it's worth paying £5 ish for though. :smile:
Reply 9
Oh yess it is :smile:
The burger is divine :coma:
It's no Big Daddy Box, but it's still pretty good. I was quite surprised about how nice the tomato sauce was [=
Reply 11

Hey, I just tried this yesterday. It was nice.

The burger was sooo delicious. It is really really worth £5.90 (I went large.)

Anyone tried it yet?

TREAT IT WITH RESPECT!!!
It's awesome and well worth it. That big tendered chicken with all that grease and the spicy huge burger! It's... It's... It's so beautiful.
Original post by NickR92
TREAT IT WITH RESPECT!!!
It's awesome and well worth it. That big tendered chicken with all that grease and the spicy huge burger! It's... It's... It's so beautiful.

I know... :smile:
Had one like half an hour ago. The chips tasted like cardboard, and the tomotoe-y sauce on the burger almost made me throw up. Also, couldn't work out whether the thing in the middle of the burger was a hash brown or a giant onion ring.
Not worth a fiver.
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
Had one like half an hour ago. The chips tasted like cardboard, and the tomotoe-y sauce on the burger almost made me throw up. Also, couldn't work out whether the thing in the middle of the burger was a hash brown or a giant onion ring.
Not worth a fiver.

heheheh .... wasn't really a good experience then.. :smile:
Reply 15
i had one a day for 5 days last week and yes they are definitely worth it!

The sauce in the burger is delicious!

Although the chicken piece that came with the meal is very boney (lots of bones). There were hardly any meat in it but it was a big piece.

Oh that's okay then! Some places shape their chicken like that and it just looks dodgy to me!

Yeah I hate boney chicken, much prefer a boneless banquet!
heheheh .... wasn't really a good experience then.. :smile:

Nope. Really didn't enjoy it. :/ It's a shame, cause you can't beat a good KFC.
Reply 18
Strange... I bought it and thought that it was disgusting! The tomatoey sauce was so sweet and just completely ruined it.

Would NEVER buy it again! Sticking to the tried and tested zinger tower meal next time!
Reply 19
If it makes you feel like a don then its always worth it :biggrin:

I really want to splash out for one of these now, looks pretty tidy.

Quick Reply

Latest