The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

its a chat thread essex uni from being attack by the ducks and swans to sitting in the library looking out at the lake, to the very special people of Colchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robinson999
handed in like 2 weeks ago now, hopeful it get a good mark dissertation supervisor seemed pretty happy with it, it may get used in a paper, so i am hopping that means a 2.1, just the presentation to do for the project now when we get back, than 4 exams in 2 weeks

I posted this aaaaaages ago!! and forgotten about it

with 3 in one week? or some time between them?

Hopefully you'll get a first, be optimistic. THe presentation wasn't too bad so long as you knew what you were writing about.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
i only just saw it :redface:;

2 in 2days which is going to be fun, seeing as one is the drug design module
exams on the 24th 25 and 31st may, than 4th june

a first would be nice :p:, i sort of knew what i was writing about, given i didn't get my project until 2 weeks before the deadline, see what happens with the presentation, my supervisor has got another supervisor group to join us and for us to give a mock before the real so we can make changes

You were just ignoring me i know the truth :tongue:

Oooo,.. not thats not gonna be good. Thts a good idea about the presentation, we just had to guess. the hardest bit was watching one girl in our group really struggling to answer the most basic questions asked in the presentation
well :ninja: it was a stressful few weeks

its going to be painful, last exams on a Saturday, thats the worry i won't be able to answer very basic question by than if my supervisor throws questions at me i could be ok

the last presentation we did for the issue module i did wing alot of that, walk out with 60%, could have done better, seeing as my essay mark came out as 71%

About a week ago i did think about askig you how it was going but decided it was too much effort :tongue: so i'll let you off

Least you can then go out and celebrate, our last one was a saturday and then we went straight up to london. With ours basic questions were about equipment we used and why, as she hadn't mentioned it in her presentation. Its hard to be that bad, but she was dire, turning up perodically, contaminating half her project, things like that
they can ask me what equipment i used, yeah a laptop and excel :p:, hopefully they will be basic why and what

i will be getting very drunk after my last exam, as long as i haven't burnt out
she sounds pretty bad, i do wonder how people can do that
i've seen some people coursework where they get like 7% its like why

Why, how, other methods, what it shows, what would you do differently sort of thing. ANd any acronyms

You do wonder how they get to 3rd year, but there again i was dire with a bit of depression and still got a 2.1, scraped 3rds in 3 exams,... but still got a 2.1, so can't comment too much.

Most of ours got pissed, the rest just fell asleep
oh yeah them sort of questions, better start on that soon to make sure i know what i am on about

some people are very questionable, saying that i can't be getting 3rds in exams this year that won't be good, a good project mark will set it all off

its depends how you feel and what sort of person you are, with the project a few of us were in the su bar others passed out, but than no one was sleeping

I was exceedingly lucky that i'd been on track for a first prior to messing up as it meant to could get away with it.

I'm sure you'll be fine
Stop trolling the thread, bitches ;]
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by paddy__power

never :p:
plus

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.
never :p:
plus

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

That message is starting to piss me off :colonhash:

And always :lol:
Reply 9
That message is starting to piss me off :colonhash:

And always :lol:

its like damn it, that post is bad must neg it :p:, i should looking in GUD really
its like damn it, that post is bad must neg it :p:, i should looking in GUD really

Oh well.

Your dissertation coming along well?
Reply 11
Oh well.

Your dissertation coming along well?

the write up part is done handed in, supervisor seemed happy with it i'm not going to jinx anything, just the presentation part to do when we get back, than exams joy :p: than uni is over with

take a year out work in healthcare, found out thanks to the lib dems/ tory governments these funding for me to wish to study for medicine :p:

But but i haven't spoken to him in aaaaaaaages! :frown:

but a 2.1 is still very good, i'll take a 2.1 now :p: means i can do alot more

just 4 fours and a few long hours to get ready for them :p:

I'm sure you'll get one. When do the exams start?

What you planning to do afterwards i can;t remember?
Reply 13
Original post by Bathwiggle

I'm sure you'll get one. When do the exams start?

What you planning to do afterwards i can;t remember?

25th may

i'll see results first, toying with a idea or two
25th may

i'll see results first, toying with a idea or two

So you've got plenty of time really.

i'm back to unemployed at the end of this month, i really probably should have looked into new job sooner, but least then i can train for the london to brighton if i'm not working
Reply 15
So you've got plenty of time really.

i'm back to unemployed at the end of this month, i really probably should have looked into new job sooner, but least then i can train for the london to brighton if i'm not working

unemployed already not fun, hard finding a new job

london to brighton that like a bike thing
unemployed already not fun, hard finding a new job

london to brighton that like a bike thing

Yeah thats the 54 mile cycle ride for the british heart foundation.

The job was only a 4 month contract so i've done quite well to keep them paying me for 7 months really
Reply 17
Yeah thats the 54 mile cycle ride for the british heart foundation.

The job was only a 4 month contract so i've done quite well to keep them paying me for 7 months really

that take a bit of training but pretty cool to do

thats not to bad making it last that long
that take a bit of training but pretty cool to do

thats not to bad making it last that long

They have said if i can wait 3 months they'll have funding to take me back, but that does leave me 3 months with little money.

I'm up to 28 miles atm, so hopefully won't tkae too much longer. Do need to get some slicks rather than mountain bike tyres
Reply 19
They have said if i can wait 3 months they'll have funding to take me back, but that does leave me 3 months with little money.

I'm up to 28 miles atm, so hopefully won't tkae too much longer. Do need to get some slicks rather than mountain bike tyres

that sucks in a way, this a NHS lab

28miles not bad, not far to go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending