The Student Room Group

Virgin or non virgin, what do you want in a relationship.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by .Ali.
It doesn't work like that for everyone though. Some people are worse on meds.

Sucks to be them then, but that doesn't mean I'm going to date them.

Erm no, because people don't have "BIPOLAR" written on their heads in permanent marker. She may not tell her partner she has bipolar, and why should she? It's a very personal thing.

Because people trust each other in a relationship.

Also all these problems are problems because the girl does stupid stuff, not because of a label. If he can't tell then she clearly doesn't have it that bad.

Not all guys are like you, that's something you fail to understand. As I said, you can't pinpoint who has bipolar and who doesn't. At any given time, one in three people has a mental health condition.

Most guys prefer less complications to more. That's why high maintenance isn't seen as a compliment. Depression, bipolar, they're diseases, chemical imbalances in the brain. You wouldn't want to date someone with a disease.

Edit. Let me be precise. Such a woman is likely to attract the more manipulative type. Someone who sees her instability as a plus, not a minus, because he can control it.

Also, if I don't want to take my meds, I'm hardly going to do it because a guy wants me to. :rolleyes: I'm not some little toy who'll do whatever a man says.

Yes, and if I don't want to comb my hair or put the toilet seat down i'm not some little toy who'll do whatever a woman says.

That doesn't mean she has to date me because I'm a nice person on the inside. The world is harsh.

It's only awkward for him. :wink:

Eh, it's pretty awkward in general.

You're so bloody insecure lol.

I just know from experience that a girl innocently flirting with other guys tend to lead to flings. You can call me insecure, but that doesn't mean I or a large number of guys who agree with me will want to date you.

You can date people who are secure, and who you'll find securely in the bed with another woman. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 161
Original post by Nepene
Sucks to be them then, but that doesn't mean I'm going to date them.
Bipolar can be controlled without meds too.

Because people trust each other in a relationship.

Also all these problems are problems because the girl does stupid stuff, not because of a label. If he can't tell then she clearly doesn't have it that bad.

So? Just because I trust someone, I don't necessarily tell them everything. if someone doesn't want to tell someone else that they're bipolar, they don't have to.

And that's my point, sometimes you can;t tell if someone has bipolar. Oh did you also know that it's possible to have one episode of depression, one episode of mania, and then no symptoms for the rest of your life? Bipolar acts differently in each person.

Most guys prefer less complications to more. That's why high maintenance isn't seen as a compliment. Depression, bipolar, they're diseases, chemical imbalances in the brain. You wouldn't want to date someone with a

So you wouldn't date someone with diabetes or PCOS either? Because it's exactly the same.

I actually judge people individually. If I like a guy, the fact that he's bipolar won't change that. I'll just do my best to help him through it and support him.

Edit. Let me be precise. Such a woman is likely to attract the more manipulative type. Someone who sees her instability as a plus, not a minus, because he can control it.

Or a nice person who loves her for who she is and accepts that everyone has flaws.

Yes, and if I don't want to comb my hair or put the toilet seat down i'm not some little toy who'll do whatever a woman says.
So you don't want to look nice for you? I get done up because it makes me feel good, not for the opposite sex. Again, you sound insecure.

Also, can you answer this for me then? Why do men leave the seat up? :lolwut: It;s clear toilets are meant to have the sear down...

That doesn't mean she has to date me because I'm a nice person on the inside. The world is harsh.
Some will, some won't.

Eh, it's pretty awkward in general.

More funny than anything.

I just know from experience that a girl innocently flirting with other guys tend to lead to flings. You can call me insecure, but that doesn't mean I or a large number of guys who agree with me will want to date you.

No it doesn't lead to flings. I flirt with everyone, do I go off with everyone? No I don't. And I wouldn't want to date the large number of insecure males thanks.

You can date people who are secure, and who you'll find securely in the bed with another woman. :smile:

Threesome? :awesome:
Reply 162
Original post by .Ali.
Bipolar can be controlled without meds too.

This is only a problem if the undesirable consequences of bipolar disease spill out into the world. If she has them completely under control then I'm not going to notice anything.

So? Just because I trust someone, I don't necessarily tell them everything. if someone doesn't want to tell someone else that they're bipolar, they don't have to.

So untrusting.

And that's my point, sometimes you can;t tell if someone has bipolar. Oh did you also know that it's possible to have one episode of depression, one episode of mania, and then no symptoms for the rest of your life? Bipolar acts differently in each person.

Then it wouldn't be an issue. An issue occurs when she is bipolar with you.

So you wouldn't date someone with diabetes or PCOS either? Because it's exactly the same.

1. Only if she took her medication, I don't want a girlfriend who randomly dies. Dead girls are a turn off.

2. No, I want children.

I actually judge people individually. If I like a guy, the fact that he's bipolar won't change that. I'll just do my best to help him through it and support him.

All that says about you is that you don't mind a guy being bipolar. You probably have standards during dating. Like as you mention below, guys being insecure.

Or a nice person who loves her for who she is and accepts that everyone has flaws.

Eh, such guys tend to be pretty insecure. Not sure if you'd go for them. Nice guys rarely get the girls who rely on heavy flirting.

So you don't want to look nice for you? I get done up because it makes me feel good, not for the opposite sex. Again, you sound insecure.

Also, can you answer this for me then? Why do men leave the seat up? :lolwut: It;s clear toilets are meant to have the sear down...

Likewise- don't you want to be fun for me, and not just a stressful annoyance? Hence, take your meds.

I sound insecure because I want a woman to try to be sexy for me. Ok. You call a lot of things insecure.

Cause pee gets on the seat then. Clearly the seat should be up.

More funny than anything.

I haven't found it fun. I was with one who said a guy raped her and got him kicked out of university. The extremes are... extreme.

No it doesn't lead to flings. I flirt with everyone, do I go off with everyone? No I don't. And I wouldn't want to date the large number of insecure males thanks.

Yeah, but you'll probably flirt with the secure males too. The players. And they will be very happy to have fun with you for a night.

Threesome? :awesome:

Fun attitude.
Reply 163
Original post by Nepene
This is only a problem if the undesirable consequences of bipolar disease spill out into the world. If she has them completely under control then I'm not going to notice anything.
Which is why I said that just because she may have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, you shouldn't write her off completely.

So untrusting.
No, it's her personal choice whether she wants to disclose it. If she had a manic episode 10 years ago with no symptoms since, why should she have to tell anyone?

Then it wouldn't be an issue. An issue occurs when she is bipolar with you.
...you just help her through it. Anyone can develop bipolar disorder at any time in their life, as they can develop depression and other things. Someone who loves the person will help them through any issues they may have.

1. Only if she took her medication, I don't want a girlfriend who randomly dies. Dead girls are a turn off.

2. No, I want children.

1. Diabetes can be controlled through diet sometimes.

2. Women with PCOS can still have children.

All that says about you is that you don't mind a guy being bipolar. You probably have standards during dating. Like as you mention below, guys being insecure.
I do have standards. However, whether or not he has a mental health 'disorder' (I hate that word, it implies it's wrong, when it's actually just different) isn't a factor at all.

Eh, such guys tend to be pretty insecure. Not sure if you'd go for them. Nice guys rarely get the girls who rely on heavy flirting.
I don't tend to go for 'nice guys', I go for in between guys who aren't soppy and quiet but aren't total players either.

Likewise- don't you want to be fun for me, and not just a stressful annoyance? Hence, take your meds.
The thing you aren't understanding is that you don't have to take meds to not be annoying. And if a girl wants to take meds, she should do it for herself and not for a guy.

I sound insecure because I want a woman to try to be sexy for me. Ok. You call a lot of things insecure.
You should want a woman to be sexy ebcause it makes her feel good, not just for you. You don't own her. And where does sexy come into whether or not she's bipolar?

Cause pee gets on the seat then. Clearly the seat should be up.
Look at the way a toilet is designed. It's designed to have the seat and the lids down to stop germs spreading when it's flushed. :rolleyes:

I haven't found it fun. I was with one who said a guy raped her and got him kicked out of university. The extremes are... extreme.
Well good, if he did rape her he deserved it.

Yeah, but you'll probably flirt with the secure males too. The players. And they will be very happy to have fun with you for a night.
You can be secure without being a player. Also, players are fun for flirting and banter. Nothing more, but for flirting they're a good laugh.

Fun attitude.

Oh indeed. :wink:
Original post by .Ali.
+1 when I have rep.

I agree with everything you've said. :yes:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by .Ali.
Which is why I said that just because she may have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, you shouldn't write her off completely.

...you just help her through it. Anyone can develop bipolar disorder at any time in their life, as they can develop depression and other things. Someone who loves the person will help them through any issues they may have.

If she's got symptoms while she's with me, that will make me less attracted to her.

The less loving she is towards me, the less attracted I'll be towards her. If she's depressed and continually being abusive and cruel towards me, as depressive people sometimes are, that will make me less attracted to her.

1. Diabetes can be controlled through diet sometimes.

2. Women with PCOS can still have children.

1. Sometimes. If she doesn't take her meds when it fails, she dies. That's a turn off.

2. Far less easily. It would be a big turn off. Bigger than her being bipolar.

I do have standards. However, whether or not he has a mental health 'disorder' (I hate that word, it implies it's wrong, when it's actually just different) isn't a factor at all.

Being insecure is just a mental health difference you don't like. There are treatments for it too.

I don't tend to go for 'nice guys', I go for in between guys who aren't soppy and quiet but aren't total players either.

I suspect the lover who broke your heart wasn't inbetween, given what you've said. When you meet another, you'll probably let love awaken your heart, rather than be judgemental.

The thing you aren't understanding is that you don't have to take meds to not be annoying. And if a girl wants to take meds, she should do it for herself and not for a guy.

You have whatever issues. You don't date yourself. Guys may find some of your habits annoying.

You should want a woman to be sexy ebcause it makes her feel good, not just for you. You don't own her. And where does sexy come into whether or not she's bipolar?

I don't own her, but i do want her to be sexy. If she does that for me or herself the result is the same, but I'm going to be less attracted to her if she isn't sexy. It's often easier to do things for another person.

Bipolar girls are less sexy to me, and their sexiness gets less with increasing degrees of bipolarness.

Look at the way a toilet is designed. It's designed to have the seat and the lids down to stop germs spreading when it's flushed. :rolleyes:

I prefer that the germs are flushed onto the ceiling than flushed horizontally to an organ I may insert into a person at some point. If you close it you're just gonna send the germs under the seat and sideways.

Well good, if he did rape her he deserved it.

No, he just stalked her. She lied about him raping her, as she said.

You can be secure without being a player. Also, players are fun for flirting and banter. Nothing more, but for flirting they're a good laugh.

It's a lot rarer to be secure. And those few men who are good long term prospects and exceptional at flirting are going to have a lot of choice in women. Good chance they'll already have a woman.

The players will want to go a lot further. It's a battle, and often the players will win. They have a lot of tricks, even for people in relationships.

Oh indeed. :wink:

Threesomes are fun. If that's a expectation the relationship is based on, I'll have different expectations. You're not gonna get threesomes if you never flirt with outsiders.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 166
Original post by Nepene
If she's got symptoms while she's with me, that will make me less attracted to her.
So you're absolutely perfect, have a sunny disposition at all times, have no down days and are wonderfully kind every minute of every day of your life, are you?

The less loving she is towards me, the less attracted I'll be towards her. If she's depressed and continually being abusive and cruel towards me, as depressive people sometimes are, that will make me less attracted to her.
Depressed people aren't always mean, and if they are, you need to look at helping them feel less depressed. If you've never experienced it, you can't really comment.

1. Sometimes. If she doesn't take her meds when it fails, she dies. That's a turn off.

2. Far less easily. It would be a big turn off. Bigger than her being bipolar.

Some women with PCOS have no trouble at all.

Being insecure is just a mental health difference you don't like. There are treatments for it too.
It's a personality trait, not a MH issue.

I suspect the lover who broke your heart wasn't inbetween, given what you've said. When you meet another, you'll probably let love awaken your heart, rather than be judgemental.
Okay one, he didn't 'break my heart' so to speak, he was just the only person I've ever loved. Two, his disposition changed half way through, thus when I started dating him he was an in-between guy, but he became an arrogant git at the end.

You have whatever issues. You don't date yourself. Guys may find some of your habits annoying.
As girls may find yours.

I don't own her, but i do want her to be sexy. If she does that for me or herself the result is the same, but I'm going to be less attracted to her if she isn't sexy. It's often easier to do things for another person.

Bipolar girls are less sexy to me, and their sexiness gets less with increasing degrees of bipolarness.
Bipolar isn't a physical trait, you can't be 'less sexy' because of a brain chemical difference.

I prefer that the germs are flushed onto the ceiling than flushed horizontally to an organ I may insert into a person at some point. If you close it you're just gonna send the germs under the seat and sideways.
20% more germs are released if you don't put the seat down.

No, he just stalked her. She lied about him raping her, as she said.

Okay that's not nice.

It's a lot rarer to be secure. And those few men who are good long term prospects and exceptional at flirting are going to have a lot of choice in women. Good chance they'll already have a woman.
That's where you come in as the 'other girlfriend'. :awesome:

No in all seriousness though, secure men aren't rare to find abouve the age of 19. Teenagers however, it's a different story.

The players will want to go a lot further. It's a battle, and often the players will win. They have a lot of tricks, even for people in relationships.
As do I. We tend to match eachother evenly. As I said, it's a good laugh.

Threesomes are fun. If that's a expectation the relationship is based on, I'll have different expectations. You're not gonna get threesomes if you never flirt with outsiders.

One guy two girls or two guys one girl? :awesome:
Like all decent people, I don't really care.

If I had to pick though I'd go for someone with some experience.
Reply 168
Original post by .Ali.
So you're absolutely perfect, have a sunny disposition at all times, have no down days and are wonderfully kind every minute of every day of your life, are you?

My girlfriends have remarked on how much fun I am to care for. I know it can be an issue for the woman too, so I do my best to make it clear how much I appreciate her care, and do my best to amuse her.

Being kind doesn't excite or amuse women. With people who I have no urge to seduce I am generally always kind, but, I give women what they want, and it isn't kindness. Good banter often involves teasing a woman.

Depressed people aren't always mean, and if they are, you need to look at helping them feel less depressed. If you've never experienced it, you can't really comment.

I have experienced caring for people with it, and can make them feel less depressed. I just prefer that to be a rare event when life gets too much, rather than a regular issue to deal with. I want my lover to be fun, not a drag, again.

Some women with PCOS have no trouble at all.

If there are no issues, it's not an issue. It's not about labels, again, it's about the problems that result from it.

It's a personality trait, not a MH issue.

Mental health implies there's something wrong with the person, as you said.

Regardless of what labels you chose to use, if there is some feature in them that I don't like, that will make me less attracted to her. And a lot of people with loads of partners have those issues. It's emotionally taxing going through all those relationships.

Okay one, he didn't 'break my heart' so to speak, he was just the only person I've ever loved. Two, his disposition changed half way through, thus when I started dating him he was an in-between guy, but he became an arrogant git at the end.

So your friends didn't warn you that he had some sort of reputation? Girls generally do try and protect each other, and they can see what love cannot see.

As girls may find yours.

Hence, I try to better myself. I often find that changing myself to be more sexy is quite a relief, as a lot of my less sexy traits are the result of conditioning from society rather than aspects of my personality.

Bipolar isn't a physical trait, you can't be 'less sexy' because of a brain chemical difference.

I'm not shallow. I can find someone sexy because of their brain. Or less sexy.

20% more germs are released if you don't put the seat down.

Yeah, but not at my penis. At the ceiling.

Besides, why is it so much of a challenge for women to leave the seat up for us? Women aren't willing to do this minor thing for us, even if we do do it for her. It was this laziness that truly convinced me that it wasn't worth doing it.

That's where you come in as the 'other girlfriend'. :awesome:

If he cheated on her, he may well cheat on you. Especially if you're not willing to do stuff for him. A lot of women let themselves go after they get the man because he's theirs now. And he finds a new other girlfriend...

No in all seriousness though, secure men aren't rare to find abouve the age of 19. Teenagers however, it's a different story.

If they're still trying to seduce teenagers at 20+ there's a good chance they'll be a player.

The odds are stacked against you pretty hard.

As do I. We tend to match eachother evenly. As I said, it's a good laugh.

Sometimes a match goes one way, sometimes another. And the best of the players will likely outmatch you.

One guy two girls or two guys one girl? :awesome:

Two girls is my preference. Since I've been with quite a few bisexual or semi bisexual girls who can pick up straight girls, it's worked pretty well.
Reply 169
Female. Don't care.
what i want in a relationship?
- a christian boyfriend as it fits with my religion
- someone who dosent care about sex and is happy to wait a long time
- cute/ decent looking guy
- happy, bubbly person, easy to talk to and get along with
- someone who gets along wiht my parents, brother and sister
someone nice, and ive found that person, i just need to get to know him.. any advice?
Reply 171
Don't care about the number, don't care about the past. If they're with me, they're with me for a reason and that's all that matters. If I satisfy them, that's great; if I don't, then I work on it with them til we've got it right. If they satisfy me, that's great; if not, then we work on it together.

It's not about numbers, it's not about history or experience. It's about the person. Anyone who places any relevance on experience, or lack there of, is a frigging idiot.
My last boyfriend was a virgin and it made it a bit awkward at first because i knew what i was doing and he didn't even know how to put a condom on properly but it's not too bad, you get used to it. I would never say 'i want to sleep with a virgin' but i would also never say 'i want to sleep with a guy who's slept with lots of girls', in general i just don't think it would bother me too much, as long as they're good and willing to try out new stuff
Reply 173
Original post by Nepene
My girlfriends have remarked on how much fun I am to care for. I know it can be an issue for the woman too, so I do my best to make it clear how much I appreciate her care, and do my best to amuse her.

Being kind doesn't excite or amuse women. With people who I have no urge to seduce I am generally always kind, but, I give women what they want, and it isn't kindness. Good banter often involves teasing a woman.
You make no sense to me, half the time you sound caring and loving and the other half, you sound like a bit of an arse. I'm confused.

I have experienced caring for people with it, and can make them feel less depressed. I just prefer that to be a rare event when life gets too much, rather than a regular issue to deal with. I want my lover to be fun, not a drag, again.
People who have suffered depression don't always have it permanantly though.

If there are no issues, it's not an issue. It's not about labels, again, it's about the problems that result from it.
Which is why you can't put a blanket ban on anyone who has X disorder.

Mental health implies there's something wrong with the person, as you said.

Regardless of what labels you chose to use, if there is some feature in them that I don't like, that will make me less attracted to her. And a lot of people with loads of partners have those issues. It's emotionally taxing going through all those relationships.
The first part, true. The point I was making is if we have two girls with bipolar disorder, they're not going to be the same. They won't react to their bipolar the same way, they'll be different, so you can't say "oh she's bipolar, that means she's automatically x,y and z". They're people too.

So your friends didn't warn you that he had some sort of reputation? Girls generally do try and protect each other, and they can see what love cannot see.
Not really no, but I'm generally friends with males as I find women far too bitchy. His ex girlfriend told me he was a knob but I assumed she was just bitter.

Hence, I try to better myself. I often find that changing myself to be more sexy is quite a relief, as a lot of my less sexy traits are the result of conditioning from society rather than aspects of my personality.
Fair enough.

I'm not shallow. I can find someone sexy because of their brain. Or less sexy.
I don't understand how having bipolar can make someone less sexy. They're just the same as everyone else.

Yeah, but not at my penis. At the ceiling.
Out your penis away before you flush, it's not hard. :rolleyes:

Besides, why is it so much of a challenge for women to leave the seat up for us? Women aren't willing to do this minor thing for us, even if we do do it for her. It was this laziness that truly convinced me that it wasn't worth doing it.
It's because it's meant to go down!

If he cheated on her, he may well cheat on you. Especially if you're not willing to do stuff for him. A lot of women let themselves go after they get the man because he's theirs now. And he finds a new other girlfriend...
Women who do that are stupid imo.

If they're still trying to seduce teenagers at 20+ there's a good chance they'll be a player.

The odds are stacked against you pretty hard.
I'm a teenager myself.

Sometimes a match goes one way, sometimes another. And the best of the players will likely outmatch you.
Doubt it.

Two girls is my preference. Since I've been with quite a few bisexual or semi bisexual girls who can pick up straight girls, it's worked pretty well.

Sounds fun. :Awesome:
Reply 174
I'm female and want a low number. It doesn't matter if they are a virgin or not as I have obviously liked them in other ways. But if they aren't a virign i'd feel more comfortable if it was a low number so I didn't feel like 'another notch on the bedpost'.
Reply 175
Original post by .Ali.
You make no sense to me, half the time you sound caring and loving and the other half, you sound like a bit of an arse. I'm confused.

And confusion is sexy too, I find.

You see, naturally, I like to instantly answer any text, say sorry if I do something offensive, show interest in everything someone says, be honest about my feelings.

And I still am with guys. But with girls, the result is that she won't find you interesting or want you. I want to please, that's part of my personality too, so to please I deliberately be offensive, am happy to ignore, delay in answering texts, and am mysterious about my feelings.

It works too.

People who have suffered depression don't always have it permanantly though.

Some do. Or have months when they're happy and months when they're sad. The more it happens, the worse.

Which is why you can't put a blanket ban on anyone who has X disorder.

The first part, true. The point I was making is if we have two girls with bipolar disorder, they're not going to be the same. They won't react to their bipolar the same way, they'll be different, so you can't say "oh she's bipolar, that means she's automatically x,y and z". They're people too.

If she's not got the symptoms I won't care. If she has only mild bipolar behaviour, it'll be far less of a factor.

To be bipolar she has to have both mania and depression, otherwise she's not bipolar, she's unipolar.

Not really no, but I'm generally friends with males as I find women far too bitchy. His ex girlfriend told me he was a knob but I assumed she was just bitter.

So you did have a warning. You'll probably have another warning if you do it again. You should make sure you listen.

Bad things rarely just happen.

I don't understand how having bipolar can make someone less sexy. They're just the same as everyone else.

Except they have episodes of depression and mania. Which are less sexy. Unlike most people, who don't.

Out your penis away before you flush, it's not hard. :rolleyes:

Effort.

It's because it's meant to go down!

We'll have to agree to disagree. Have fun in the toilet. :smile:

Women who do that are stupid imo.

I know. Which is why I make it clear to women that if they make no effort to please me then I'll probably leave them.

That's another reason why being bipolar is an issue. If she is depressed for an extended period of time she is not trying to please me. If that comes from a background of years of her being loving I'll willing to do a lot to get her back on her feet. If it's the norm for her, my love will be a lot more taxed.

I'm a teenager myself.

There are lots of female characteristics that are slightly worse in younger females than older ones- stalking potential, flakiness, ego issues. Almost invariably men still prefer younger women because your beauty more than compensates.

Doubt it.

I rarely find that women are exceptional at the game. You can get men just by being willing. Men have to work a lot harder to get women. The best at it are very, very good.

Sounds fun. :Awesome:

It is.

I was once invited to do the reverse. She was a very kinky lady indeed. Liked to dress up too.
Original post by Tyler.
Doesn't bother me...
... as long as she can make a good sandwich.

LOL.. that made me laugh, but as the saying goes 'the way 2 a man's heart is through his stomach'
Reply 177
Original post by Nepene
And confusion is sexy too, I find.

You see, naturally, I like to instantly answer any text, say sorry if I do something offensive, show interest in everything someone says, be honest about my feelings.

And I still am with guys. But with girls, the result is that she won't find you interesting or want you. I want to please, that's part of my personality too, so to please I deliberately be offensive, am happy to ignore, delay in answering texts, and am mysterious about my feelings.
Not all women like that. I for one don't. Obviously don't be a soppy clingy mess but don't be an absolute arse to her. That's pathetic, and not the way to get secure girls. With insecure women it may work, but do you really want someone who is insecure?

Some do. Or have months when they're happy and months when they're sad. The more it happens, the worse.
So you're not prepared to help someone you love? That just makes you sound really nasty, imo.

If she's not got the symptoms I won't care. If she has only mild bipolar behaviour, it'll be far less of a factor.

To be bipolar she has to have both mania and depression, otherwise she's not bipolar, she's unipolar.
Fair enough to some extent, but I still think your original comments were harsh on bipolar people. They're all different. If you ever meet some people with bipolar, just try to judge them based on who they are and not whatever label they have. You might be suprised. :smile:

So you did have a warning. You'll probably have another warning if you do it again. You should make sure you listen.
I prefer to find out for myself, because exes say bitchy things that are often untrue, plus just because someone else thinks someone is a knob doesn't mean I will think that. Different people like different personalities. There are people out there who get on with me really well, and people who think I'm an absolte tit. So it's better to decide for yourself than to go on what someone else says. People make stuff up about others.

Bad things rarely just happen.

Except they have episodes of depression and mania. Which are less sexy. Unlike most people, who don't.
Actually, when someone is manic it can be beautiful. Especially hypomania.

Effort.
:lolwut:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Have fun in the toilet. :smile:
Will do, have fun persuading women to keep the seat up. :tongue:

I know. Which is why I make it clear to women that if they make no effort to please me then I'll probably leave them.
Fair enough. I get annoyed when people aren't upfront, but if you make it clear then it's not as bad.

That's another reason why being bipolar is an issue. If she is depressed for an extended period of time she is not trying to please me. If that comes from a background of years of her being loving I'll willing to do a lot to get her back on her feet. If it's the norm for her, my love will be a lot more taxed
Fair enough, no one wants someone to be miserable all the time. If you try to help her though, she may react positively.

There are lots of female characteristics that are slightly worse in younger females than older ones- stalking potential, flakiness, ego issues. Almost invariably men still prefer younger women because your beauty more than compensates.
I don't do any of those things, so again, you can't really generalise younger women.

I rarely find that women are exceptional at the game. You can get men just by being willing. Men have to work a lot harder to get women. The best at it are very, very good.
Not really. You can get anyone, but if you want sucessful, attractive, charming men, you have to be a lot more seductive. it's also a lot more fun.

It is.

I was once invited to do the reverse. She was a very kinky lady indeed. Liked to dress up too.

And there I was originally thinking you were quite prudish!
Reply 178
Original post by .Ali.
Not all women like that. I for one don't. Obviously don't be a soppy clingy mess but don't be an absolute arse to her. That's pathetic, and not the way to get secure girls. With insecure women it may work, but do you really want someone who is insecure?

I am a lot less *******y than I could be, since I do actually care about the woman, but I find secure girls love it too. I actually tone it down quite a bit for insecure ones, since they tend to take it the wrong way. Where a confident, secure girl might laugh, she'll look down and sigh.

But, the more secure she is, the more confident she is, the more aloof ******* works.

So you're not prepared to help someone you love? That just makes you sound really nasty, imo.

I am, but it's taxing. If from the start of our relationship she is being bitchy and not working to secure my love I'm not going to be willing to give her so much of myself. Love is a give and take relationship. The less she gives, the less attracted to her I am.

Fair enough to some extent, but I still think your original comments were harsh on bipolar people. They're all different. If you ever meet some people with bipolar, just try to judge them based on who they are and not whatever label they have. You might be suprised. :smile:

I have. And the results were unpleasant. I prefer an easier life.

I prefer to find out for myself, because exes say bitchy things that are often untrue, plus just because someone else thinks someone is a knob doesn't mean I will think that. Different people like different personalities. There are people out there who get on with me really well, and people who think I'm an absolte tit. So it's better to decide for yourself than to go on what someone else says. People make stuff up about others.

Yeah. All these hints- bipolar, promiscuous, high maintenance, player- they're hints. They're not certainties. They mean you should investigate the matter further. Ask questions. See if the person's friends think she's an absolute tit too.

Actually, when someone is manic it can be beautiful. Especially hypomania.

It can be. And it can be fun. Mania people are often intensely horny. But it can also be bad, especially if their mania is somewhere away from you.

Will do, have fun persuading women to keep the seat up. :tongue:

I don't even bother any more. I just shake my head sadly at her when I see her enter the toilet.

Fair enough. I get annoyed when people aren't upfront, but if you make it clear then it's not as bad.

I'm always clear about what I want in a relationship. Saying "I value my freedom and independence" is probably the best way to end any date.

Fair enough, no one wants someone to be miserable all the time. If you try to help her though, she may react positively.

Sadly, few women I've met have been great sick bed companions. I mentioned earlier that I make sure anyone who cares for me has fun- very few women do that.

I don't do any of those things, so again, you can't really generalise younger women.

You've said you're high maintenance, so you probably have ego issues. I agree, you don't seem like the stalking type. And flakiness, if you don't do it I'm sure a lot of men like you for it. Women who call off dates at the last minute to give their cat a pedicure or whatever are annoying and will probably die alone with fifty cats.

Those things are more common in younger women, though. Not universal, but more common. If you absolutely hated those things you could date cougars. And there certainly are a lot of women past their prime prowling around. You'd be sacrificing a lot though.

Not really. You can get anyone, but if you want sucessful, attractive, charming men, you have to be a lot more seductive. it's also a lot more fun.

A little fun. They know it, you know it.

And there I was originally thinking you were quite prudish!

Baring a few specific acts, I'll try anything once, and again if it's fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending