The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you date a girl with a cleft lip?

Anon or delete.

As in title. Of course, we're talking after innumerable surgeries have been done, but, you know, it's pretty noticeable even then anyway (say, like this: http://www.realself.com/files/me--Z-016-20078.jpg (not me, just a random Google result)).

I'm just wondering what a guy ACTUALLY thinks when he comes across a girl he (say) finds attractive at first glance but then realizes she has this flaw. You know, in the sense of lips being among the most sexually charged bodily parts (to quite a few men). And in the context of overall aesthetic appreciation.
I do know everyone's different and this thread (as well as the other 98253764 of the like) is probably pointless, but I never knew what people really think when they see something like this.

Scroll to see replies

na im alright brah

Brb swimming in the matrix since no pics
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by goddogit
cleft lips are genetic slips.

trust me, the person in the pic has a very normal-ish cleavage. there are worse cases.

as for your thread, i wouldnt mind at all as long as the words that come out that mouth are brill.

and for the dufuses on TSR who giggles in their heads when i said cleavage, well, i used to find it funny when i studied carbon compounds too :P

I giggled. Twice.
One of my very "stunning" friends went out with a guy who had this... I don't think she saw it as an issue, and liked him for who he was :smile: The relationship didn't last, but that was because of other issues...
It's not like it's your fault anyways!
Reply 4
Original post by BrummieBoy93
I giggled. Twice.

yeah never gets old does it. :\
Original post by supernova92
One of my very "stunning" friends went out with a guy who had this... I don't think she saw it as an issue, and liked him for who he was :smile: The relationship didn't last, but that was because of other issues...
It's not like it's your fault anyways!

BrB committing sexual assult since no pics.
Original post by Angie varona
BrB committing sexual assult since no pics.

What is wrong with you? :lolwut:
I'm not going to post someone elses photo...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
No.
tbh if she's good looking, has a good personality and all in all, i were to fall for her, as such, i dont see why it could ever be an issue :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete.

As in title. Of course, we're talking after innumerable surgeries have been done, but, you know, it's pretty noticeable even then anyway (say, like this: http://www.realself.com/files/me--Z-016-20078.jpg (not me, just a random Google result)).

I'm just wondering what a guy ACTUALLY thinks when he comes across a girl he (say) finds attractive at first glance but then realizes she has this flaw. You know, in the sense of lips being among the most sexually charged bodily parts (to quite a few men). And in the context of overall aesthetic appreciation.
I do know everyone's different and this thread (as well as the other 98253764 of the like) is probably pointless, but I never knew what people really think when they see something like this.

I dont think its matters as long as:
-You like the person
-You find them attractive in more ways then just physically and your a decent person!

Also adivce to the OP next time :

-Anonymity IMMEDIATELY creates an air of suspicion;
-Saying a picture ISN'T you will only compound this; (especially when its nowhere on google)
-And a link with ME in the title?? dead give away..... Have a nice day

Hehehe.............cleavage......... :biggrin:
Reply 10
It would subtract five from my estimation of her beauty. If she was a 10, she'd look average.

It's a reflexive thing. I can't change how I think.
What is wrong with you? :lolwut:
I'm not going to post someone elses photo...

Of yourself.

InB4 You dont post anything.
Original post by bestofyou
anonn fail?

No? I said i had a very pretty friend who went out with a guy who this cleft lip, and it wasn't an issue for her, and that poster wanted a picture of my friend... so i said I'm not going to post someone else photo on a random forum. :facepalm:
(edited 13 years ago)
It just looks like a scar to me, I would date someone with it if they're pretty and have a good personality, same as anyone else. Don't worry about it. :smile:
Reply 14
I would. But I'm a terrible person and a devilish deviant.
Not if she was that girl.
Original post by Angie varona
Of yourself.

InB4 You dont post anything.

Why would I post a photo of me...? Post a photo of yourself... although I really can't see how this is in anyway relevant to the thread..
Why would I post a photo of me...? Post a photo of yourself... although I really can't see how this is in anyway relevant to the thread..

Because i want to see you naked
Reply 18
Original post by Just-Some-Guy
I dont think its matters as long as:
-You like the person
-You find them attractive in more ways then just physically and your a decent person!

Also adivce to the OP next time :

-Anonymity IMMEDIATELY creates an air of suspicion;
-Saying a picture ISN'T you will only compound this; (especially when its nowhere on google)
-And a link with ME in the title?? dead give away..... Have a nice day

Hehehe.............cleavage......... :biggrin:

Weird. Google image 'cleft lip', it's on page 4 (it is when I google it). I just figured it illustrates well what I'm on about. And anyway, most people with little imagination do name their photos "me" :tongue: You'd find an awful lot of them even on TSR alone. So that isn't an argument really. Although I probably shouldn't have commented at all since it doesn't matter whether it's me or not. I posted the link for those who won't know what I'm talking about.
Reply 19
Original post by Nepene
It would subtract five from my estimation of her beauty. If she was a 10, she'd look average.

It's a reflexive thing. I can't change how I think.

Yes, that is what I was asking:smile: I'm not judging.

Latest

Trending

Trending