Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
I visited the Uni today, it's soooo nice :biggrin:

I think I'm gonna try and apply for the Darwin accommodation, I didn't see the parkwood flats but they said they weren't as good?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by adammmm
Reading all this is getting me well excited now ! Everyone meeting up for a drink sounds a good idea.

Once we have all moved in, we shall have to plan meeting for a drink, it will be nice to semi-know some people aswel :smile:
Is anyone applying for Woolf?! Postgrads, c'mon, gotta be some of you out there. :smile:
hmmm looking at my offer from kent its mathematically impossible for me to meet which i really dont understand, why have they offered me a place when i cant make the offer :s-smilie: ah soooo confusing and frustrating because i really want to put kent as my firm and sort everything out soon!!!
Original post by redrose_ftw
hmmm looking at my offer from kent its mathematically impossible for me to meet which i really dont understand, why have they offered me a place when i cant make the offer :s-smilie: ah soooo confusing and frustrating because i really want to put kent as my firm and sort everything out soon!!!

What's the offer?
It would seem your best to email them for clarification :smile:

Sometimes they do accept people if they just miss out on those grades maybe that's why :s-smilie:
Original post by AlexInWonderland
What's the offer?
It would seem your best to email them for clarification :smile:

They want 320 points from 3 A-levels and I only have 280 from 3, in my retake i'm aiming to get from a B to an A to take me upto 300 points. On the website it said 320 from 3.5, so I applied, which i can get but now I can only get to 300 as there is no way I can reach an A*. I dont think that makes sense but thats as good as I can explain aha :s-smilie: I have rang and they said they would get back to me, that was last wednesday and i'm still waiting!!! move your arse kent!
They want 320 points from 3 A-levels and I only have 280 from 3, in my retake i'm aiming to get from a B to an A to take me upto 300 points. On the website it said 320 from 3.5, so I applied, which i can get but now I can only get to 300 as there is no way I can reach an A*. I dont think that makes sense but thats as good as I can explain aha :s-smilie: I have rang and they said they would get back to me, that was last wednesday and i'm still waiting!!! move your arse kent!

You should try e-mailing the admissions department instead. I had a couple of questions so i sent an e-mail, i got the reply 1/2 days later... might be quicker than waiting around for them to call.

If you do decide to e-mail them, remember to include your UCAS number, i forgot to and it was a bit of a pain!!
Hope I've still got my offer now I'm dropping EPQ! It's not included so I should be fine.
Just waiting for a reply from Kent just do confirm its okay then I'm going to firm :biggrin:
Reply 829
Original post by mellie220
Hope I've still got my offer now I'm dropping EPQ! It's not included so I should be fine.
Just waiting for a reply from Kent just do confirm its okay then I'm going to firm :biggrin:

They said to me that as long as you meet your offer conditions then there's no problem. I'd recommend emailing anyway so you have written confirmation.
Original post by viola146
They said to me that as long as you meet your offer conditions then there's no problem. I'd recommend emailing anyway so you have written confirmation.

Oh that's brilliant then :smile: I was a little worried it may change things.
Yeah, I emailed them the other day - so I'll keep the written evidence in mind!
I was talking with my friends today and I realized just how much I talk about Kent, getting to Kent, going to Kent, what I might have to read at Kent, my room at Kent... I think I might be getting a -tad- annoying. xD
I have a quick question, in the Darwin houses how many rooms are there to each house? And how many bathrooms are there to each house? Also, what are the kitchens like?

Thank you.
Reply 833
Original post by cinnamon442
Is anyone applying for Woolf?! Postgrads, c'mon, gotta be some of you out there. :smile:

I AM!!!!!!!! But I currently live in California so I have no idea what its like or anything.
Original post by BrittC007
I AM!!!!!!!! But I currently live in California so I have no idea what its like or anything.

Woohoo! It's beautiful. :smile: It was built in 2008 so it's the newest accommodation on campus, there are three different sized rooms and it has its own common room. :smile: I'm praying I get a room. When did you apply?!
Does anyone know how far the nearest supermarket is away from campus? (keynes)

I've heard it's Asda, is this right?
Original post by jaydemikaela
Does anyone know how far the nearest supermarket is away from campus? (keynes)

I've heard it's Asda, is this right?

I'm on the other side of campus to Keynes, but I would have thought it was Sainsburys (Feel free to correct me, someone, if I am wrong). To get to Asda from Tyler Hill, you have to walk past Sainsburys, and the bus passes it too, so I don't think Asda can be the closest. There is also a Tesco Metro or whatever it is called in the city centre which has served all of my flat well all year! I've never struggled really to get anything I have wanted, and don't think anyone else has!

That said, I always found it easier to order my groceries online (Tesco, £3 delivery, no minimum spend, the others all have a £25 ish minimum spend and the same delivery costs (at a minimum) and with Tesco you can get Clubcard points as a bonus). The bus into town costs £2.50 for a return, more to Asda, although I think we got ripped off... It's not meant to be nearly £5 like we were charged. For the sake of an extra 50p, I found it easier to be able to judge how much I was spending and adjust accordingly rather than getting to the till and seeing I had spent too much.

It is possible to walk to Sainsburys (and/or Tesco or Asda) but in any case, you will have to walk back up the hill with your shopping or get a bus or taxi back.

Just my two cents (:
Original post by beffnee
I'm on the other side of campus to Keynes, but I would have thought it was Sainsburys (Feel free to correct me, someone, if I am wrong). To get to Asda from Tyler Hill, you have to walk past Sainsburys, and the bus passes it too, so I don't think Asda can be the closest. There is also a Tesco Metro or whatever it is called in the city centre which has served all of my flat well all year! I've never struggled really to get anything I have wanted, and don't think anyone else has!

That said, I always found it easier to order my groceries online (Tesco, £3 delivery, no minimum spend, the others all have a £25 ish minimum spend and the same delivery costs (at a minimum) and with Tesco you can get Clubcard points as a bonus). The bus into town costs £2.50 for a return, more to Asda, although I think we got ripped off... It's not meant to be nearly £5 like we were charged. For the sake of an extra 50p, I found it easier to be able to judge how much I was spending and adjust accordingly rather than getting to the till and seeing I had spent too much.

It is possible to walk to Sainsburys (and/or Tesco or Asda) but in any case, you will have to walk back up the hill with your shopping or get a bus or taxi back.

Just my two cents (:

Thank you :smile:

How long does it take to walk to Sainsburys?
About 20 minutes. I live right next to it and it takes me 20 minutes to walk to campus. :smile:
Reply 839
It said in the presentation thing that Kent University was voted to have the most attractive students in the country by the guardian or some big newspaper :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending