The Student Room Group

Not dancing in a club?

Hi, just wanted a bit of advice really.
I’m 18 and I’ve never been to a club before because I hate dancing and feel really uncomfortable doing so but it’s my best friends 18th birthday soon and she’s celebrating it in a club! I really don’t want to go but I feel it would be selfish not to because I know she will be really hurt if I don’t but then wouldn’t it be stupid to go to a club and not dance?
Just wanted some opinions please :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Liyah
I’m 18 and I’ve never been to a club before because I hate dancing and feel really uncomfortable doing so but it’s my best friends 18th birthday soon and she’s celebrating it in a club! I really don’t want to go but I feel it would be selfish not to because I know she will be really hurt if I don’t but then wouldn’t it be stupid to go to a club and not dance?

Get drunk and no1 will notice.
Reply 2
Original post by Liyah

I was exactly like you and really hated the idea of dancing, but was eventually dragged out by my friends not so long ago and actually had a really good time! I was worried about everyone staring but they honestly don't care what your doing so just relax and have fun, it's what everyone else will be doing! :biggrin:
Reply 3
You'll soon relax when the drink starts flowing! :P
1. Stand by bar all night.
2. Keep drinking until dancing doesn't feel too awkward.
3. ????
4. Profit!
Reply 5
Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur

Drink-that may help.
Reply 6
Original post by Liyah

Nah it's fine if you don't want to. But no one in a club is going to judge you for dancing badly when no one really dances properly in clubs anyway. It's more just swaying, flailing your arms around and moving your feet. At least give it a try, you will lose all inhibitions with a little bit of alcohol (if you drink) and you will enjoy it :biggrin:
I absolutely hate dancing, I never do it at parties and I feel like a prize tit when I'm forced too..
but a few JDs and Diet Coke, and I'm the best ****ing dancer in the world.
Drink until you're not embarrassed to dance :smile:
Reply 9
If you really can't stand the idea just mingle with the people at the bar, your friend will be so drunk she won't be offended if you don't dance with her, just make sure you buy her a drink and make sure you chat with her whenever she gets off the dancefloor :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by LZRSWRD
Nah it's fine if you don't want to. But no one in a club is going to judge you for dancing badly when no one really dances properly in clubs anyway. It's more just swaying, flailing your arms around and moving your feet. At least give it a try, you will lose all inhibitions with a little bit of alcohol (if you drink) and you will enjoy it :biggrin:

Or maybe he should try the technique in your sig lol
Just grind. Grinding is a valid dance move.
Reply 13
Thankyou for all the replies , I will take your advice and go and put as much alcohol in to my body as it can handle lol
Original post by Liyah
Thankyou for all the replies , I will take your advice and go and put as much alcohol in to my body as it can handle lol

That's the spirit.

Who says TSR's just for trolling? We provide valuable advice!
I am literally the worst dancer ever. If I'm stone cold sober, I am just the most awkward person on the dance floor. I do agree a few drinks will help you loosen up, but also when you're having a laugh with your friends, it really does become less important to feel like you're an amazing mover.
Original post by Liyah

It doesn't matter how bad you are. Yes people may notice, and you may even get laughed at , but this is highly unlikely as this is a club full of drunk people, who will be at least hundred times worse than you. And even if people do notice, they have more important things to worry about. Their course, their love life, their money probelms, their health, their family, their sleeping problems, their stress and many more things are more important than your dancing! So go to the club and enjoy yourself :smile:
Reply 17
If it was me - I just wouldn't go. tbh.
Original post by Liyah

Make sure you don't over do it or you will get kicked out! Just being honest...
Reply 19
Original post by bestofyou

haha

Unlucky OP, I pity people who can't let go and dance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending