The Student Room Group

Approaching a guy you hardly know

So I met this really quite attractive guy at a house party a few months ago, and while I only spoke to him briefly he seems like the type of guy I would get on well with and I'd quite like to ask him out on a date :tongue: I've been meaning to get in touch with him after to see if he'd like to meet up for a drink or whatever, but no idea how to ask him or if he'd be interested in me! How should I approach him (fb message / email / text?) and what should I say to let him know I'm interested? I'm worried that he might have forgotten me / think I'm weird for asking!

Thanks x
Talk to him an get to know him a bit first before you ask him out
Reply 2
How should I initiate conversation with him? Bearing in mind that I've only ever spoken to him once and it was a few months ago!
Original post by Biker_Chick
How should I initiate conversation with him? Bearing in mind that I've only ever spoken to him once and it was a few months ago!

Just add him on facebook and put some message with it that doesn't give the impression that you have been fantasising over having his babies or whatever for the last three months.

"Hey (Insert name here), I think we met at so and so's party. Hows it going?"
Just take it from there, send him a random message on chat after that either "by accident" or commenting on one of his links etc.

Pursuing him in this fashion is a teeny bit stalkerish, but go for it. Life is all about taking chances. It's a massive compliment for him that you remember him after so long, so he might see this and be impressed. I know I would!

He's hardly likely to respond by saying "Go away I hardly even know u". And if he does then you can move on, nothing to lose right?
Follow your intuition, if there's a good chance you might get on then you could well be right, why miss out just because you are too shy to approach him?
Reply 4
Hey thanks for the help :smile: I actually already have him added on facebook, but yeah I guess I don't have anything to lose :smile: x
Reply 5
What bike you got? lol
Reply 6
Aaaaah im in the same situation! Met a guy at a gig a few months ago, we were both too shy to talk to each other so nothing happened and ive been kicking myself ever since! In a few weeks there's a festival thing we're both going to so im hoping to see him there so i can maybe talk to him, but aaahh i wouldnt know what to say or do, he probabl doesnt even remember me!

Let us know what happens!
Reply 7
AAAh! Same thing here! We met at an open mic evening and he saw me sing but I had to leave before I got to see him. I added him on facebook and we messaged a couple of times. Now he's invited me to do a duet with him at a small gig (we had still only talked for 10 mins in total...). We really seemed to get on well! So yeah, OP, go for it! There's nothing to lose!!
As for me now, it's been 3 weeks now, and the gig is next week but he hasn't been answering my most recent messages....! What does that mean?? Is he just not interested in me anymore? Or is he seriously that busy that he genuinely hasn't seen/had time to answer me?
Reply 8
J_90: I only started riding last year so got myself a Honda CG 125 (just been out for a ride on it in fact xD) though in the summer I'm planning on getting a Honda CBR 125. Really like the Yamaha YZF 125 but I can't touch the floor when I'm on it :frown:

LilyCH: He's probably just taking it easy considering you've only spoken for 10 minutes. If I were you don't message him again until you meet up for the gig and see how it goes then. (If the duet goes well you can always ask him out for a drink after!)
In a similar situation myself, a bit more extreme for me though. Just started writing a reply here telling my story, but it turned into a bit of an essy so I've made my own thread in the end: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1604568
Not much advice I can give apart from go for it, you have nothing to lose! I just wish I could follow that advice myself haha....
Good luck, keep us updated
Reply 10
J_90: I only started riding last year so got myself a Honda CG 125 (just been out for a ride on it in fact xD) though in the summer I'm planning on getting a Honda CBR 125. Really like the Yamaha YZF 125 but I can't touch the floor when I'm on it :frown:

LilyCH: He's probably just taking it easy considering you've only spoken for 10 minutes. If I were you don't message him again until you meet up for the gig and see how it goes then. (If the duet goes well you can always ask him out for a drink after!)

exact same issue. im finishing college only to earn enough to buy a custom low seated harley and replenish petrol :smile:
Reply 11

Cool, used to have a mate who had a CG, he went from an RD125 onto that! RDs are beasts if you didn't know!

CBR would be sweet, or maybe an Aprilia RS125 or Yamaha R125. I used to have Cagiva Mito, awesome bike. 7 gears lol, broke a few times mind. I'd like a bike again, I just don't trust road users tbh.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Hey all sorry I didnt reply to my message earlier to let you know what happened - but basically after sending him a really nice note I got two words - 'Not interested' - so nothing happened in the end :frown:

Not long after that he updated his status to 'In a relationship'. Ooops!

How did it go for Lexi99 and LilyCH?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending