The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dabest2500
My interview wasn't great to be honest :frown:
I had certificates of previous karate gradings (up to green belt), tennis tournaments and certificates from school.
My interviewer didn't even ask to see them, nor did he ask why I wanted to go to Woodhouse :s-smilie:
We had a little chat about go karts and cars but he had limited knowledge so that didn't go too far.
He wasn't happy with my A1s either, he said let's push those up to A*s...

Good luck :smile:

And is it all that?

OMG How can they not be happy with A grades?! Your interviewer sounds rather strict, if I had him interview me then I'd probably get rejected on the spot LOL So count yourself lucky, you actually got through to the waiting list :smile: Thank you, I'll update once I get my letter :redface:

Original post by j.laurence
It's cool when I went, the teachers are brilliant and yeah it does live up to its reputation

At first I didn't think it was going to be all that, I chose Business, Economics and Mathematics.. but after a few weeks I really started to enjoy it, the teachers do a great job in helping you achieve the highest grades and the people that go there are really cool aswell, bare fit gyalz :colone: lol. I left last year, but good luck and if you get in you will really enjoy it there :smile:

Ooh sounds good :biggrin: LOL at your 'bare fit gyalz' comment :tongue: Ahaha! I hope I get in now, but I'm guessing I'm going to be placed on the waiting list.
Reply 21
I really want a place at this local Grammar school, i am predicted A*s in the subjects that i want to study for A level but i don't think thats enough. My interview there was quite different to any other school. It lasted for absolutely ages and there was much humour. She somehow put me down for LOADS of as levels."
Yesterday evening my mum gave me a letter saying the AS levels: Maths, Chemistry, Economics, Classics, Government and politics and Accounting. Dont forget my "italian" Gcse LOL
I remember choosing 5 As levels and was pressured into doing an italian gcse But where did accounting come into the picture?
I need to wait for the grammars to reply before i accept or reject my offer, or i might even be able to stay at my own school (highly unlikely).
And then someone else could have my place.
Original post by Princess_Shaz
OMG How can they not be happy with A grades?! Your interviewer sounds rather strict, if I had him interview me then I'd probably get rejected on the spot LOL So count yourself lucky, you actually got through to the waiting list :smile: Thank you, I'll update once I get my letter :redface:

My interviewer was hardcore!
Handshake, eye contact, handshake leave.
No laughs or anything.
Reply 23
No laughs or anything.

Tbh thats really unlucky, but uno most people who are offered interviews get on the waiting list, and it moves really fast.
Reply 24
Original post by the don
I really want a place at this local Grammar school, i am predicted A*s in the subjects that i want to study for A level but i don't think thats enough. My interview there was quite different to any other school. It lasted for absolutely ages and there was much humour. She somehow put me down for LOADS of as levels."
Yesterday evening my mum gave me a letter saying the AS levels: Maths, Chemistry, Economics, Classics, Government and politics and Accounting. Dont forget my "italian" Gcse LOL
I remember choosing 5 As levels and was pressured into doing an italian gcse But where did accounting come into the picture?
I need to wait for the grammars to reply before i accept or reject my offer, or i might even be able to stay at my own school (highly unlikely).
And then someone else could have my place.

Ahaha! That's quite a lot of A levels there :tongue: I'm sure you'll get in with those A*'s that you have! What grammars are these, if you don't mind me asking? Oh...I don't mind taking your place ahaha! :tongue:

No laughs or anything.

Wow...this guy seems...freaky O.o My interviewer was a Chemistry teacher, and he managed to use my own words against me, and he almost broke my hand whilst I was shaking it :eek: LOL! Ahaha :tongue:
Reply 25
Ahaha! That's quite a lot of A levels there :tongue: I'm sure you'll get in with those A*'s that you have! What grammars are these, if you don't mind me asking? Oh...I don't mind taking your place ahaha! :tongue:

Yeah, im wondering why you didn't get in. I feel bad, pray i get into my grammar and you can have the place :smile:
My person was nice, but expected me to laugh at her jokes, which werent funny by the way, i wish i had a more serious person. But my offer is like 3B's lol with a 6.0 average.
But the grammar school are asking for 6As, they are Latymer and St Michaels. Ive already got places from Highgate and Woodhouse. U?
Original post by the don
Tbh thats really unlucky, but uno most people who are offered interviews get on the waiting list, and it moves really fast.

Yeah, hopefully it does :smile:
One of my friends got a music teacher, the interviewer start talking with their parent about classical music and art for 30 minutes!

Wow...this guy seems...freaky O.o My interviewer was a Chemistry teacher, and he managed to use my own words against me, and he almost broke my hand whilst I was shaking it :eek: LOL! Ahaha :tongue:

My maths teacher asked me about Viruses :confused::confused::confused:
Example of that?
Reply 27
[QUOTE="don;30830720" the="the"]

Yeah, im wondering why you didn't get in. I feel bad, pray i get into my grammar and you can have the place :smile:
My person was nice, but expected me to laugh at her jokes, which werent funny by the way, i wish i had a more serious person. But my offer is like 3B's lol with a 6.0 average.
But the grammar school are asking for 6As, they are Latymer and St Michaels. Ive already got places from Highgate and Woodhouse. U?

Awwh! Hopefully I do get in, but my letter still hasn't arrived. I emailed them, and they said I should receive it by this Friday...it's so daunting! I wanted to apply for Latymer, but I wasn't in their catchment area so I decided not to. You'll deffo. get in with those grades! :biggrin: Oh and I've secured a place at Grey Coat Hospital and City and Islington :smile: When do the grammar schools let you know the outcome of your application?

Yeah, hopefully it does :smile:
One of my friends got a music teacher, the interviewer start talking with their parent about classical music and art for 30 minutes!

My maths teacher asked me about Viruses :confused::confused::confused:
Example of that?

Viruses?! What do viruses have anything to do with Maths O.o Oh and I was asked if I though abortion was right, and I said something like: 'Well, it depends on a persons situation. For example, if they are financially stable and can afford to look after a baby, then no abortion is wrong. However, if the person is very young, like in their teens or has a medical illness, then abortion may be right for them.' And then my interviewer went: 'So you're saying that you shouldn't have kids to save money,' and I was like 'Noo, that's not what I meant,' and then he started smiling. Damn, that was embarrassing! :colondollar:
Reply 28
Anyone get a reply from Woodhouse yet? I was told by a friend that they choose 2 people per group. i.e if you were in group A then only 2 people from that would be chosen. I'm really worried now... My interview went 'quite' well though, I had a chemistry teacher and seemed alright...

Anyway good luck to everyone:biggrin:

Viruses?! What do viruses have anything to do with Maths O.o Oh and I was asked if I though abortion was right, and I said something like: 'Well, it depends on a persons situation. For example, if they are financially stable and can afford to look after a baby, then no abortion is wrong. However, if the person is very young, like in their teens or has a medical illness, then abortion may be right for them.' And then my interviewer went: 'So you're saying that you shouldn't have kids to save money,' and I was like 'Noo, that's not what I meant,' and then he started smiling. Damn, that was embarrassing! :colondollar:

One of my friends got a maths teacher and was asked to do 69 x 71 in his head.
He failed :frown:
At least your interviewer smiled!
My interviewer smiled at my mum :eek:

Original post by rae_
Anyone get a reply from Woodhouse yet? I was told by a friend that they choose 2 people per group. i.e if you were in group A then only 2 people from that would be chosen. I'm really worried now... My interview went 'quite' well though, I had a chemistry teacher and seemed alright...

Waiting list for me :frown:
But people have said that there's still hope even if you're on there :smile:
Reply 30

Pssh, they probally regret not giving you an offer :wink:
Yeah, you can make a personal application on enrollment day, that's what some girls in my school did and they got in...
Reply 31
Original post by rae_

I'm also still waiting for mine :smile: I'm guessing I got a rejection or waiting list offer. Ooh, I don't think that's right because there are about 26 groups, and if they only choose 2 from each then they would only offer 52 places aha :redface: But then again, I'm not sure. I've emailed them asking when we should get our replies, and they said that we should get them by Friday :smile: So maybe tomorrow...:eek: :tongue: What was your interviewers name?

One of my friends got a maths teacher and was asked to do 69 x 71 in his head.
He failed :frown:
At least your interviewer smiled!
My interviewer smiled at my mum :eek:

LOL He smiled at your Mum?! I managed to make mine smile quite a few times, but they looked fake =/
Should of applied to Latymer Sixth Form. Much better than Woodhouse, which is a bit too overrated. :smile:
Original post by rae_
Pssh, they probally regret not giving you an offer :wink:
Yeah, you can make a personal application on enrollment day, that's what some girls in my school did and they got in...

It probably shows determination or something.
What do you need to do for a personal application?

LOL He smiled at your Mum?! I managed to make mine smile quite a few times, but they looked fake =/

On the way in.
It made me think that it would be a nice interview but then...
None of the questions were hard either, it's just that they were questions where you couldn't really express yourself.
What more can you do with "How long is your journey time?".
None of the questions required a unique response.

Original post by Wick3d
Should of applied to Latymer Sixth Form. Much better than Woodhouse, which is a bit too overrated. :smile:

Don't you need 6 As for that?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
I'm also still waiting for mine :smile: I'm guessing I got a rejection or waiting list offer. Ooh, I don't think that's right because there are about 26 groups, and if they only choose 2 from each then they would only offer 52 places aha :redface: But then again, I'm not sure. I've emailed them asking when we should get our replies, and they said that we should get them by Friday :smile: So maybe tomorrow...:eek: :tongue: What was your interviewers name?

That's exactly what I said to my friend but she was like that's what the organiser woman person (sorry can't remember what she was and I have a tendency to make up names for things I don't know)... I think there was more 26 groups though...

Oh I had Mr Clinton, who did you have?
Reply 35

On the way in.
It made me think that it would be a nice interview but then...
None of the questions were hard either, it's just that they were questions where you couldn't really express yourself.
What more can you do with "How long is your journey time?".
None of the questions required a unique response.

Don't you need 6 As for that?

That was totally unfair on you =/ He didn't even give you the chance to express yourself properly...he should have asked you more open questions. Hopefully the waiting list moves really fast :smile:
Original post by Wick3d

Ooh, I wanted to apply there but I wasn't in their catchment area :frown:
Original post by rae_
That's exactly what I said to my friend but she was like that's what the organiser woman person (sorry can't remember what she was and I have a tendency to make up names for things I don't know)... I think there was more 26 groups though...

Oh I had Mr Clinton, who did you have?

Ahaha that's what I do too :tongue: Who's bothered to remember names, when you can give better names? :tongue: :wink: Ah man...I'm scared now. No way will I be one of those 2 people out of a group. I had a Chemistry teacher, too...Mr Hyde, I think.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36

You either call them or go to the college and you tell them you actual grades once you get you certificates then they ask why you want to go and stuff... bleh..
Reply 37
Ahaha that's what I do too :tongue: Who's bothered to remember names, when you can give better names? :tongue: :wink: Ah man...I'm scared now. No way will I be one of those 2 people out of a group. I had a Chemistry teacher, too...Mr Hyde, I think.

:biggrin:
Don't worry, there is still hope I guess... Was you interviewed in a lab, I was and it smelt weird...What questions did he ask you? Mine asked me to explain a recent experiment I did at school and I explained electrolysis of copper and got a bit excited...I was quite enthusiatic, I almost fell off the seat...:colondollar:
Original post by rae_
You either call them or go to the college and you tell them you actual grades once you get you certificates then they ask why you want to go and stuff... bleh..

That sounds like a good idea!
Reply 39
That sounds like a good idea!

Your welcome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending