The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moanycar.
Malinga, simply exceptional :smile:

He really set the stage for MI, 1st ball bowled. Amazing. So glad he didn't fire in the ICC WC final :tongue:

Well he did make Sehwag look like an idiot.
Lol, yeah probably.
IPL is just fun and money-rich cricket. :smile:

A treat for any player who gets to play, IMO :smile:
Gambhir with 2.4 mil USD!!!!!!! Lucky man :wink:

roflmao i wouldnt mind having some of that :biggrin: i think they should donate the money they get to charitys and the poor around the area they originate from, that would be nicer, like u get payed more or less depending on if ur team wins or loses and then the money goes towards your town, that would intesify stuff by a million times roflmao aw that would be sick:biggrin:
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
Well he did make Sehwag look like an idiot.

Yup, but he didn't get 5 wks for 13 or 15 runs like he did against Delhi :smile:
And India won the WC, so yeah. Thanks Malinga :tongue:
Original post by Manesh2468
roflmao i wouldnt mind having some of that :biggrin: i think they should donate the money they get to charitys and the poor around the area they originate from, that would be nicer, like u get payed more or less depending on if ur team wins or loses and then the money goes towards your town, that would intesify stuff by a million times roflmao aw that would be sick:biggrin:

It would be :smile:
I'm sure they do donate money themselves right???

I don't think the players need anymore stress just yet after WC 2011 :tongue:
King's XI Punjab! woot!

o wait....we are ****

...:/ terrible squad, thus we have no chance...but yea support them anyway (Y)
Yup, but he didn't get 5 wks for 13 or 15 runs like he did against Delhi :smile:
And India won the WC, so yeah. Thanks Malinga :tongue:

Malinga was lethal yes, but the IPL has much worse players than the Indian world cup team. Most of the domestic players who play in the IPL, have probably never faced someone like Malinga. While the Indian team have played him and Sri Lanka sooo many times you get used to it.

But those yorkers are lethal yes, but if you have faced him a lot before you get used to his slingy action.
It would be :smile:
I'm sure they do donate money themselves right???

I don't think the players need anymore stress just yet after WC 2011 :tongue:

i doubt they do donate it to the poor, maybe help there fams out, pshh stress the hell out of them if thas how much they get payed lol:redface:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Malinga was lethal yes, but the IPL has much worse players than the Indian world cup team. Most of the domestic players who play in the IPL, have probably never faced someone like Malinga. While the Indian team have played him and Sri Lanka sooo many times you get used to it.

But those yorkers are lethal yes, but if you have faced him a lot before you get used to his slingy action.

True. LOL, that's exactly what my dad said to me :tongue:

Aah Malinga...why can't you play for RCB :frown: :tongue:

Looking forward to tomorrow's games now :biggrin:
i doubt they do donate it to the poor, maybe help there fams out, pshh stress the hell out of them if thas how much they get payed lol:redface:

LOL, true say. What I would do with that money. :smile:
Aaaaah :biggrin:

The amount of money the Indian players get, just for brand endorsements....woah daddy :wink:
LOL, true say. What I would do with that money. :smile:
Aaaaah :biggrin:

The amount of money the Indian players get, just for brand endorsements....woah daddy :wink:

init, people wearing nike, addidas, reebok should get payed for wearing them roflmao, its like i already buy the stuff they get sponsored by but not cose they're sponsored by it jus cose i like it, makes no sense why they get payed to wear it wen most of india could not possibly afford a shirt with a tick on it =/
init, people wearing nike, addidas, reebok should get payed for wearing them roflmao, its like i already buy the stuff they get sponsored by but not cose they're sponsored by it jus cose i like it, makes no sense why they get payed to wear it wen most of india could not possibly afford a shirt with a tick on it =/

They are India's ambassadors :smile:
Just like how 'everyone' is seemingly mental about football in England, that's India and cricket.

So....they're like SUPER FAMOUS = big bucks :biggrin:
True. LOL, that's exactly what my dad said to me :tongue:

Aah Malinga...why can't you play for RCB :frown: :tongue:

Looking forward to tomorrow's games now :biggrin:

Do you support RCB?

CSK should really beat Punjab. But Kochi and Pune will be much closer I reckon.
Do you support RCB?

CSK should really beat Punjab. But Kochi and Pune will be much closer I reckon.

Yup RCB ftw :smile: Why??? :biggrin:

Agreed, unless something incredibly strange happens :biggrin:
Still it's T20, expect the unexpected :tongue:
They are India's ambassadors :smile:
Just like how 'everyone' is seemingly mental about football in England, that's India and cricket.

So....they're like SUPER FAMOUS = big bucks :biggrin:

true... lol, famous= rich i guess then, meh its all good aslong as they win the world cup again or i will make sure they get pay cuts!:biggrin:
true... lol, famous= rich i guess then, meh its all good aslong as they win the world cup again or i will make sure they get pay cuts!:biggrin:

LOL. Everyone loves the Indian team 'cos they won.
I pray they win it again, but if they don't (God forbid :tongue: ) just watch what happens to the Indian public then.

Exactly what happened after the 2003 WC.

Like everyone had written of Sachin around 2004 ish (me thinks) after his tennis elbow and fitness and form issues....now look, the same journalists who insulted "God" are now singing his praises again.

Stupid emotional Indians :angry:
I pray they win it again, but if they don't (God forbid :tongue: ) just watch what happens to the Indian public then.

Exactly what happened after the 2003 WC.

Like everyone had written of Sachin around 2004 ish (me thinks) after his tennis elbow and fitness and form issues....now look, the same journalists who insulted "God" are now singing his praises again.

Stupid emotional Indians :angry:

lol i guess we all put alot of emotion into it since its our origin, cant blame them since the players are reppin the whole country, the shirts are jus like stamps saying "made in india" on the players lol (gota love the blue) but yeh it is upsettin when we lose :smile:
lol i guess we all put alot of emotion into it since its our origin, cant blame them since the players are reppin the whole country, the shirts are jus like stamps saying "made in india" on the players lol (gota love the blue) but yeh it is upsettin when we lose :smile:

LOL, I'm bleeding blue EVERYDAY :wink:
Na, I love cricket. It's in my BLOOD :biggrin:
Indians are just generally emotional people. Punjabis are emotional FOOLS :tongue:

Yup, they are repping India, they do so VEEEEERRY well :smile:
Yup RCB ftw :smile: Why??? :biggrin:

Agreed, unless something incredibly strange happens :biggrin:
Still it's T20, expect the unexpected :tongue:

Just wondering as you said why can't Malinga play for RCB.

True with T20 you never know.

LOL if I am brutally honest we won't win in 2015 or anytime soon until we nurture high quality talent really quickly. Not with how the younger players like Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja and Ishant Sharma are playing. The future doesn't look too bright :frown: :frown:

At least we won it on home soil though. The older guys got their reward especially Sachin.
(edited 13 years ago)
LOL, I'm bleeding blue EVERYDAY :wink:
Na, I love cricket. It's in my BLOOD :biggrin:
Indians are just generally emotional people. Punjabis are emotional FOOLS :tongue:

Yup, they are repping India, they do so VEEEEERRY well :smile:

meh i guess the emotions is what gives the team a edge, like if you really want something then u do end up getting it, its great :smile:
Just wondering as you said why can't Malinga play for RCB.

True with T20 you never know.

LOL if I am brutally honest we won't win in 2015. Not with how the younger players like Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja and Ishant Sharma are playing. The future doesn't look too bright :frown: :frown:

At least we won it on home soil though. The older guys got their reward especially Sachin.

I agree. Why do you think I've started praying 4 years in advance? :tongue:
I joke, but seriously, I get your point. We have too many key players to replace.

Sachin, Zaheer, maybe Sehwag, possibly Bhajji.....aw :frown:

Thinking optimistically, there is plenty of time for the young ones to work on their game. Take Kohli for example, made his ODI debut for India in 2009, 2 years later he's part of the winning squad and played a pretty decent role in their win aswell. :biggrin:

Providing they are still in form, we will have Dhoni and Yuvi as senior players, hopefully Raina and Kohli aswell.....

There is hope for 2015 :wink:

Latest