The Student Room Group

would you dump your GF for getting fat?

Poll

Dumping her for getting fat?

My mate posted this photo on my facebook after I said how i'd rather my GF put on weight/got fat than got super thin (nothing against thin girls, i'd love my GF any way, so long as she was happy). This women is confident, feels sexy and is happy (she's also a size 18 - I don't know anything about women sizes but tsr seems to operate on a strict 'anything above 10 is fat which seems extreme if this lady (who looks like a lot of the woman in my city) is a size 18) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1375934/The-Only-Way-Is-Essex-star-Gemma-Collins-proudly-shows-17-stone-body-daring-nude-photoshoot.html

Loads of people commented on it and my best friend said (as a joke I hope): 'see that elizabeth, you better not ever get that fat' or something. And the photo also revealed how my other friend got his GF of 2 years a gym membership for gettinga bit tubby. I agree that if a guy puts effort in his body maybe his GF should to, but surely years of relationship do not rely on body size changing.

My love for my GF would not change no matter how fat she got (unless of course it was seriously affecting her health/my ability to find her vag :tongue:), but how normal is this thought? Am I wrong? Would you dump your GF for getting as fat as that lady?

Scroll to see replies

British women, the fattest nation in the world.
(edited 13 years ago)
I guarantee you virtually every man on this forum would say yes. :yep:
I wouldn't dump her, but I would certainly start hiding the candy :P
(edited 13 years ago)
pooo
My love for my GF would not change no matter how fat she got

Good for you.

I wouldn't stop loving Boyfriend if he got fat. Actually, I'd probably welcome it - I wrap both hands around his thighs and have my fingers/thumbs touch. He's too damn skinny :mad:
Reply 5
Your friend sounds like a prick.
Who gets their girlfriend a gym membership because they've put on a little weight.
Reply 6
i wouldnt dump my gf for getting fat, but id seriously talk with her about it. physical health is important to me.
Reply 7
I'm a feeder, I want them fat.
Reply 8
i wouldn't dump her for being fat, but of course if she got fat then im less likely to find her attractive and not finding a partner attractive can lead to problems in the relationship.
It depends. I really like skinny girls as I am quite skinny myself. :biggrin:
Reply 10
No, cushion for the pushing is just :sexface:

But women with curves are just :coma:
Reply 11
Depends if she gets loyalty discounts at maccy D's. That shiz can come in useful.
Reply 12
Original post by Harry.C
I'm a feeder, I want them fat.

LMAO.
No, unless their weight hurt them.
*edit! in which case I would help them change... kinda forgot the question...
as you say TSR seems to have a tad of a warped sense of what classes someone as fat, size 12 or above by the looks of most threads. My girlfriend is size 14-16 and she's fine the way she is, if she did gain significant weight though I'd want to tactfully mention it. Mainly for health concerns, but of course if she became obese then yes she'd be physically unattractive to me and that would be a major problem, can't stand people who just eat and eat and become so damn fat.
Reply 14
Original post by im so academic

I guarantee you virtually every man on this forum would say yes. :yep:

Really? But I thought tsr was full of clever people. Lol I come frm a lower social background - no one I know (expect people I met AT my uni) is at uni. All my good pals are grafters and I myself am a bit of a chav..i thought they thought this because they were a bit rougher than uni type people. :s
love is love. this is really not relevant to any educated person. if you happen to fall out of love with them because you dont find them attractive anymore so be it. but it's not right for people to generally say yes.
Original post by j.laurence
No, cushion for the pushing is just :sexface:

But women with curves are just :coma:

Pics please?

(Just so I know what curves mean)
Why would you be someone you didnt really love in the first place call me old fashioned but if you love someone then you love them for who they are.

So my answer is simply no.
Pics please?

(Just so I know what curves mean)

I'd say Christina Hendricks counts as curvy.

:sogood:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending