The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eton students are not 'God's gift'. Either their parents have a **** load of money which shows the capitalist nature of education or they recieved a scholarship, in which case props to them.
it's not... it's just considered full of rich kids

westminster on the other hand i would say is potentially the best school in the country
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nation
Just out of interest, seems like members on TSR always spot the Eton students as if were God's gift.

Are you a student there? If so, why are you asking?
Reply 4
Very few people consider it brilliant...and even then it's usually the ones who actually go there
Original post by Nation
Just out of interest, seems like members on TSR always spot the Eton students as if were God's gift.

Cuz bare prezidentz studied dere, innit.
Reply 6
James Bond went there.
Because Frank Turner went there (: !
Original post by CapnHooch
James Bond went there.

:O WEEELI? which one?!
Reply 9
Original post by Nation

Original post by Nation

lol because ETON is one of the best schools in the UK - so you should be proud!! I don't go to this school but I've heard from people that it's really amazing!

BTW seeing that you've put ETON College in your sig, I can confidently say that the only reason why you have posted this thread is just to seek attention FULL STOP!!
I don't think it's brilliant I think it's laughable you have to pay ridiculous amounts of money just to pass your GCSEs and A levels.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
David Cameron went there.

Oh wait...
Public schools are an outdated and overrated ideal....

I went to one of the country's top public schools and I can attest to the fact that a lot of is hype. That said, I've never been to a comprehensive, nor have I had much contact with kids from these schools (ashamed to say so), so maybe I can't give the most balanced perspective.

Also, I know a few kids from Eton and they're really nothing brilliant.
Perhaps it's your choice of signature image that makes you more conspicuous than anything about your school.
Reply 14
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Are you a student there? If so, why are you asking?

Yes I am.
Reply 15
When i think of Eton i think....potential husbands :wink:

edit: Why the neg rep, its obviously a joke!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by tehforum
David Cameron went there.

Oh wait...

That's a bad thing.
Personally, I think private schools like Harrow School and Eton College which charge upto £30k per year are extremely overrated - I go to a one of the top state schools in the country and I receive a fine education - one of the best in the country - and I pay nothing for that.
Reply 18
Original post by Nation
That's a bad thing.

That was sorta the point...

When i think of Eton i mostly think, meh, got my grades for free...
Reply 19
You know what the ridiculous thing is, from my school you can clearly see harrow boys the distance between the two schools is that small yet the life chances of the students at both schools is so different. It’s sad really.

Latest

Trending

Trending