The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by caraniel

Original post by caraniel
Oh yeah that is a really cool collection of music videos - gotta love Studio 4C for interesting animation!

someone needs to tell AP its 36mins long not 15:hmmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 401
Nijuu-Mensou no Musume, aka Daughter of Twenty Faces, is proving to be pretty good. It's a wonder why I didn't pick this up when it was airing. The momentum and intrigue has died down somewhat after a certain incident (currently at episode 12), but it's definitely one of the better series I've picked up lately. :smile:
Reply 402
Just finished Freezing. Well what a load of *******s that ending was. Ikkitousen meeting evangelion with a heaping pile of clichés chucked in for good measure.

You're a show who's primary function was to show off fanservice a lot. Don't suddenly try to be a serious and 'deep' show because you've hit the last few episodes. I hate it when fanservice and/or fluffy series decide that because it's the last few episodes they need to be serious.

After Yumekui merry and now this I can say I'm pretty sick of ****ing useless male leads who stand around whining and never do anything of note.
Reply 403
Original post by Aiko
Nijuu-Mensou no Musume, aka Daughter of Twenty Faces, is proving to be pretty good. It's a wonder why I didn't pick this up when it was airing. The momentum and intrigue has died down somewhat after a certain incident (currently at episode 12), but it's definitely one of the better series I've picked up lately. :smile:

I enjoyed the show, even if it does go off the deep end :mmm:

Also I didn't not see (pre episode 12)

Spoiler

I quite enjoyed the show :yes:
Reply 404
Original post by Truered
Just finished Freezing. Well what a load of *******s that ending was. Ikkitousen meeting evangelion with a heaping pile of clichés chucked in for good measure.

You're a show who's primary function was to show off fanservice a lot. Don't suddenly try to be a serious and 'deep' show because you've hit the last few episodes. I hate it when fanservice and/or fluffy series decide that because it's the last few episodes they need to be serious.

you say that but the violence was a big part of it right from the start and the evangelion side was hinted at too but didnt really play much of a part since the series went for character/school/ecchi stuff. So it's not like it was sudden or really came out of nowhere. According to the relevant thread on the AP forums thats what the manga focuses on, fanservice aside. So it will likely play a bigger part in the sequel. :holmes:

After Yumekui merry and now this I can say I'm pretty sick of ****ing useless male leads who stand around whining and never do anything of note.

these characters are nothing new.:indiff: what took you so long
Reply 405
Overexposure in the last few days, plus a sudden destruction of my "useless male lead" immune system :nyoron:
Reply 406
Just finished Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu : Purezza, not as good as the first series but still enjoyable, now I need to decide whether to continue with Ah My Goddess! or to look into something new. I wouldn't mind a third series of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, suppose we can only wait and see what happens.
How do I join this society?
Reply 408
Original post by Novis

Original post by Novis
How do I join this society?

follow this link :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=31
Reply 409
Started Hajime no Ippo New challenger :teeth: ...it all looks a bit too clean ...ippo looks younger since theres less lines on his face :s-smilie: and I dont like how at a longer distance the KBG thing on their tshirt looks like kbc :hmmm: everyone else looks fine though :giggle: ...this seems to continue straight after the champion road film ...but wasnt wanpo a puppy in that:hmmm: in this he's much bigger :confused:

...I dont like the opening :erm: it lacks :dumbells: the openings from the first series had ...but then I didnt like the 3rd opening and that one grew on me.:redface:

good first ep :laugh: :camp:Ippo loves miyata :hahaha:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 410
Original post by Truered

Hmm, on the contrary, I felt that Freezing had a reasonably decent story line from the beginning that was, for the most part, pretty serious (and far from 'fluffy'). If anything, the fan service was misplaced, but understandable given the demographic they are targeting.

Although the male lead was far from noteworthy, I wouldn't cast him aside as 'useless' because he definitely demonstrated that he possessed the determination to stand up for what he believed in, and fortunately, the ability to support that (freezing). So, I think you're being a little harsh there.

As for the closure, it wasn't that bad. Given that the manga carries on from here, it was probably the best place to leave it. In account of how many episodes the studio had, I think they did a pretty good job of encapsulating the relationship Kazuya and Satellizer shared, and while the remaining characters didn't receive as much screen time or development, still contributed to the story line in a meaningful way.

Edit:

Original post by Truered
I enjoyed the show, even if it does go off the deep end :mmm:

Also I didn't not see (pre episode 12)

Spoiler

I quite enjoyed the show :yes:

Yes, I definitely didn't expect the event on the train, if that's what you're referring to, but welcomed the change of events. From this point onwards, I'm not entirely sure what to make of everything that's happening (particularly the scientific aspect that's emerging), but I'm remaining optimistic. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 411
watching more ippo new challenger:smile:
Arny's second looks like a mini version of don king :mmm:

EDIT: stop saying bloody cross all the time :unimpressed:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 412

I didn't mean freezing was fluffy :tongue: Recently I've been watching a lot of 12/13 episodes which are either fanservicey, fluffy or both :yes:

I think Freezing might just have been a random show that rubbed me the wrong way for no real reason. It happened with macross frontier too for some reason- it just ended up annoying me and I couldn't quite place why :giggle:

Also the manga looked a bit more interesting, as they seemed to have different antagonists instead of the first few episodes being dedicated to how the seniors of the school were all dicks :teehee: Also the male lead was probably because after Yumekui merry (again seemed to rub me the wrong way after initially liking it) I was overexposed to can't really provide anything, but are determined characters :redface: It was just odd, I didn't mind most of the show, but I must have just been in the wrong mood while finishing it.

Oh and I had a manga splurge last week. I could end up with ~22 volumes being delivered in a short period of time this week :rofl:
Reply 413
Original post by Truered
I didn't mean freezing was fluffy :tongue: Recently I've been watching a lot of 12/13 episodes which are either fanservicey, fluffy or both :yes:

Ah, makes sense. :tongue:

I think Freezing might just have been a random show that rubbed me the wrong way for no real reason. It happened with macross frontier too for some reason- it just ended up annoying me and I couldn't quite place why :giggle:

Also the manga looked a bit more interesting, as they seemed to have different antagonists instead of the first few episodes being dedicated to how the seniors of the school were all dicks :teehee: Also the male lead was probably because after Yumekui merry (again seemed to rub me the wrong way after initially liking it) I was overexposed to can't really provide anything, but are determined characters :redface: It was just odd, I didn't mind most of the show, but I must have just been in the wrong mood while finishing it.

To clarify, Freezing wasn't great, by any stretch, but to its credit it was more than just "another fan service" anime. I guess it's dependant on what you're expecting from the series, and how tolerant and/or receptive you are to fan service. I can watch the very worst of this ilk (i.e. Queen's Blade) and still appreciate the meagre amount of plot and character development on offer. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 414
I quite enjoyed Queen's blade :ninjagirl:
Reply 415
Original post by Truered
I quite enjoyed Queen's blade :ninjagirl:

Yup, we both expressed that in equal measure. :giggle:
Reply 416
A decent Naruto chapter for once. Worthy of a praise. Go Kishimoto! :five:

Spoiler

Roberta's Blood Trail episode 3, it's certainly kicked off now O_o
Original post by Keoje

Spoiler

Indeed, it was a terrific chapter. More than can be said of Kubo's work lately...
Original post by Keoje

Spoiler

I agree actually XD

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending