The Student Room Group

Calling all popular guyss...

Firstly i'm gonna ignore the fact that you just classed yourself as a popular guy...teehee:tongue:
So at school i'm the kind of person who isn't in the popular group (although i kind of used to be), isnt a weird kid, is mainly friends with guys because girls bitch too much, mates say i'm stunning(pls dont assume that i think that!! i think they're deluded, i'm also not fishing for comlements cos thats not the purpose of this thread...) yet guys never seem to show much interest which leads me onto my problem...
there are these two guys in a few of my classes. perfect guys. Amazingly hot, sporty and extremely clever. And we get along well, have banter, throw flirty insults at each other etc. but for some reason it only lasts inside the classroom:s
I'm not pushy or clingy but i'll occasionally text them about hwk or something then try and move the convo onto something else and they instantly stop replying:confused:
Guys do you catch yourselves doing this kind of thing?? WHY?? are you embarrased to be seen with the girl?? do you like the idea of girls liking you but dont actually like it when they act on it?? I'm just confused cos i'm not doing anything wrong as far as i'm concerned :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You're calling popular guys on TSR......seriously?
Reply 2
You see liking it as asking us for help about homework.

We see it as you trying to bore us and being stressful.
yes i would be embarssed.

But if you are hot most of us popular guys would accept you regardless of your personality
Reply 4
Why is this thread for popular guys only :dontknow:

I've not been popular since I left primary school (where I was a legend for throwing a desk out the window.) I had behavioural problems :sad:
Reply 5
On a more serious note: high school is high school: everything is so intense in there. You will realise what a ****hole it is when you get in the real world. Right now you must adhere to the social norms of your schools and watch less attractive girls get all the guys because they are in the right social circle.

It's all character building.
Reply 6
All girls say there friends are stunning/gorgeous/etc. Your probaly not.
Reply 7
Original post by pooo
On a more serious note: high school is high school: everything is so intense in there. You will realise what a ****hole it is when you get in the real world. Right now you must adhere to the social norms of your schools and watch less attractive girls get all the guys because they are in the right social circle.

It's all character building.

technically its year12:tongue:
Original post by kiss_my_asthma_99
You're calling popular guys on TSR......seriously?

I'm gonna have to agree with this guy :sadnod: We're all losers. The popular guys are out shagging and taking cocaine.
Reply 9
Original post by wactm
All girls say there friends are stunning/gorgeous/etc. Your probaly not.

i agree:smile: ...unfortunately:s
Reply 10
Original post by stephie.u3
Firstly i'm gonna ignore the fact that you just classed yourself as a popular guy...teehee:tongue:
So at school i'm the kind of person who isn't in the popular group (although i kind of used to be), isnt a weird kid, is mainly friends with guys because girls bitch too much, mates say i'm stunning(pls dont assume that i think that!! i think they're deluded, i'm also not fishing for comlements cos thats not the purpose of this thread...) yet guys never seem to show much interest which leads me onto my problem...
there are these two guys in a few of my classes. perfect guys. Amazingly hot, sporty and extremely clever. And we get along well, have banter, throw flirty insults at each other etc. but for some reason it only lasts inside the classroom:s
I'm not pushy or clingy but i'll occasionally text them about hwk or something then try and move the convo onto something else and they instantly stop replying:confused:
Guys do you catch yourselves doing this kind of thing?? WHY?? are you embarrased to be seen with the girl?? do you like the idea of girls liking you but dont actually like it when they act on it?? I'm just confused cos i'm not doing anything wrong as far as i'm concerned :frown:

Can't think of much to help you apart from don't come in too strong, let them talk to you outside of class.
You do realise that life isn't American Pie don't you?
OP, why are you so interested in the popular boys?
Why don't you become more interested in awesome nerds who will be rich in ten years' time?
...Such as myself, plus, I have blue eyes... :hubba:

But seriously... I think this is your problem... You're going for the wrong sort of people... I mean, we could make perfect babies...

... But seriously...
Reply 13
Turn up at their door naked? Nothing says sex like "the only thing standing between you and my vagina is the fact that you're still wearing trousers".

It'd work on me, but on the other hand, I'm awesomely cool!

I'm not, I'm horribly lonely. I'm going to go masturbate in a corner now.
Reply 14
Original post by stephie.u3
.... popular group ...

What are you from a 1980's American high school movie or something? There's no such thing as the "popular group". People are popular with their friends. When British people start talking about "popular kids", "jocks", "dorks", "nerds" and other American sayings I think what's the world coming to. :frown:
Original post by Lewroll
I'm gonna have to agree with this guy :sadnod: We're all losers. The popular guys are out shagging and taking cocaine.

I'm not stalking you or anything, but I just want to say I find your posts incredibly funny:colondollar:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
The problem here is banter. You say you partake in it but tis impossible for any girl to truly bant, it's something only guys have. It's like a dick or the ability to drive.
Original post by MathematicsKiller
Why don't you become more interested in awesome nerds who will be rich in ten years' time?

But seriously... I think this is your problem... You're going for the wrong sort of people... I mean, we could make perfect babies...

... But seriously...

Wow! you're serious stalker material! and that smiley just makes me lol... lol!
Reply 18
Everyone was popular in my year really at school and everyone got along. (in sixth form anyway). Girls and boys mixed and stuff, it was cool.
Reply 19
Original post by MathematicsKiller

... But seriously...

its not that i'm only intersted in popular guys its more that thats what theyd be classed as so i was asking like minded people...
Original post by st_23
Can't think of much to help you apart from don't come in too strong, let them talk to you outside of class.

yeaa i'll try and back off a bit, but i'm very self concious so i'm very wary of how i act and wouldnt say i do come on strong:frown: but hey wont hurt to try:smile:
p.s. noticed your one of few people who actually reply to threads and give proper answers makes a nice change:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending