The Student Room Group

Going down on a circumcised girl

Hi, a bit of dilemma, so I'd like to extend it out to all you guys. There's a girl who I'm seeing at the moment and it's all going rather well but we're not official atm.

The other day, we were in bed and for the first time I went to touch her region and I noticed it felt a bit different. After a while I asked her about it and she confessed that during her childhood (in another country) she'd been circumcised by force.

I don't quite know what to make of this. I really like her and to be honest I was hoping we could be together. I don't want to sound shallow but I don't know whether I could have sex or go down on a girl who's effectively been 'mutilated'.

I'd find it hard to get turned on, it's a mental thing.

What's the right thing to do? Shall I tell her about how I feel or keep quiet?

Guys, what would you do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well she's Egyptian and trust me she's hot otherwise I wouldn't be interested in her! I just don't want to be too impulsive about my decision or be unfair over something she had no choice over.
Reply 2
She didn't have a choice about it. It's a bit unfair if you dump her for this - she may already feel insecure about it. Just research it I think. There should be some info somewhere.
Reply 3
worse things happen at sea
Reply 4
Erm well that is a very complicated situation! I dont think half of us would know what to tell u tbh
Reply 5
So messed up... I'm not sure there's really any point going down on her dude. If she doesn't have a clitoris I don't see how she's going to orgasm from it.
Reply 6
Original post by Chooba

What?

Original post by IlexBlue
...Is it even possible for a girl to be circumcised? :lolwut:

I think you need to educate yourself. Terrible things happen in other parts of the world.
Poor girl! its a disgusting practice! Has she had counselling/spoken to her dr about it? You should definitely talk to her about it. The original reason for the tradition of FGM was (most likely) to reduce female sexual pleasure - in some cases the clitoris is completely removed! has she had sex before? I think have a general discussion because its important for you to know these things, but be sensitive and understanding.
Reply 8
Original post by Chooba

hence.. the red sea.
Reply 9
poor girl :/
dont tell her you're feeling odd about it!you'll just make her feel more awkward about it and that's not fair because she really can't help it. not sure what to advise but if you really like her surely you can look beyond it?
Have you tried........ asking her?
but is she dtf?
Reply 12
Original post by Humz7
hence.. the red sea.

I still don't understand.

Original post by hanaalou
poor girl :/
dont tell her you're feeling odd about it!you'll just make her feel more awkward about it and that's not fair because she really can't help it. not sure what to advise but if you really like her surely you can look beyond it?

I know it's not exactly fair but I don't think I can mentally bring myself to have sex with her because of it...:s-smilie:

Original post by Holly Hiskey
Have you tried........ asking her?

Asking her about what? She's already told me what happened - I don't think it would be a great idea to tell her that it sort of 'repulses' me.....
Reply 13
Original post by Cardiff Kook
but is she dtf?

Fo shooo
Original post by Anonymous

Asking her about what? She's already told me what happened - I don't think it would be a great idea to tell her that it sort of 'repulses' me.....

How about a "Sorry, but this is new to me and I'd like to make you happy ( in the bedroom :wink: ) and it would help if you could tell me what feels good and what doesn't feel good. I don't want to embarrass you but I like you a lot so I'd like to try and make an effort, and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable about it".
And then if it does freak you out too much and you end up breaking up then you will never EVER tell her that that is the reason.
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I still don't understand.

I know it's not exactly fair but I don't think I can mentally bring myself to have sex with her because of it...:s-smilie:

what about it is putting you off though ?
Reply 16
Are you mutilated circumcised yourself?
Reply 17
Original post by midlandsman

Don't think you can anyway, aren't they supposed to be stitched together??? Leaving a bit free for obvious reasons?? Menstruate, sex and to urinate ??
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Havent got any advice really but just thought i should say that she will still get pleasure and can probably maybe orgasm from other ways without a clitoris
have a proper conversation about it! maybe not too deep about the how's and why's but about how if you need to be extra careful or if there's something you could do to ease each others anxiety over this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending