The Student Room Group

Notts GCSEs

How important are GCSEs when applying to Nottingham medical school?
Reply 1
Original post by slew
How important are GCSEs when applying to Nottingham medical school?

Nobody really knows.

The more A*'s the better, but people have gotten interviews with a low proportion of A*'s and others have been rejected with a high proportion of A*'s. As ever, the Nottingham policy is an enigma - they balance every part of your application, but they don't reveal how.
Does anyone know for Newcastle? :smile:
Reply 3
they are, and I quote the admissions office 'the top 8 are scored, GCSE grades are the least important part of the selection process'

Original post by Beska
Nobody really knows.

The more A*'s the better, but people have gotten interviews with a low proportion of A*'s and others have been rejected with a high proportion of A*'s. As ever, the Nottingham policy is an enigma - they balance every part of your application, but they don't reveal how.

they use a giant dartboard :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Does anyone know for Newcastle? :smile:

They don't matter at all for Newcastle. Something like 5 GCSE at grade 'C' is all you need.

Original post by Organ

they use a giant dartboard :holmes:

That's why they asked us to bring a passport photo to the interview - they put them on a board and throw 300 darts. Those who they hit get offers. :awesome: (Those hit more than once get offers the day after interview, those with only one get their answer March/April.)
Reply 5
Yeah I always wanted to know about Nottingham too, I think they may like more A*s but that is just my opinion and looking at TSR applicants there, who generally have 1 million A*s anyway. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending