The Student Room Group

Calling all popular guyss...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by noobynoo
What are you from a 1980's American high school movie or something? There's no such thing as the "popular group". People are popular with their friends. When British people start talking about "popular kids", "jocks", "dorks", "nerds" and other American sayings I think what's the world coming to. :frown:

trust me i'm not for the whole AmericanCrapTakingOverBrits but i suppose what you call the'popular kids' depends on where your from in england...round here thats just what they're called
Reply 21
Original post by ScrubZ
The problem here is banter. You say you partake in it but tis impossible for any girl to truly bant, it's something only guys have. It's like a dick or the ability to drive.

Well I just had a sex change :u:

I knew there was power in the penis.
Original post by stephie.u3
its not that i'm only intersted in popular guys its more that thats what theyd be classed as so i was asking like minded people...

Oh my god, you take Maths and Further Maths too!?!?!?!
Our children are going to be cleverer than Stephen Hawking... Or dare I say it, Einstein!!!!!
Back in sixth form most of the popular guys want one of two things. Either a girl who is very hot and therefore a 'trophy girlfriend' or a decent looking girl who is more likely to shag you. Sad but true, guys are less mature at that age and all they really want is fun and stories to have a laugh with their mates. If your not very fit or somewhat easy it's unlikely you'll get the attention of the guys who get every girls attention.
Reply 24
Original post by MathematicsKiller
Oh my god, you take Maths and Further Maths too!?!?!?!
Our children are going to be cleverer than Stephen Hawking... Or dare I say it, Einstein!!!!!

you just checked out my profile??:s-smilie:

lol:biggrin:
Reply 25
trust me i'm not for the whole AmericanCrapTakingOverBrits but i suppose what you call the'popular kids' depends on where your from in england...round here thats just what they're called

In my school/university we didn't have ANY word for "popular kids" because it never crossed our mind. We all had our own friends and didn't give a monkeys what other groups of people were doing. If 30 geeky people want to hang out together and 20 chavs want to hang out together and 25 sporty people want to hang out together then which one is the "popular group"??? It doesn't even make sense.
Reply 26
i have always wondered what popular guys get up to, as i have never been popular in my life! according to these posts on here it seems like we aint that different anyway :smile:
Reply 27
In my school/university we didn't have ANY word for "popular kids" because it never crossed our mind. We all had our own friends and didn't give a monkeys what other groups of people were doing. If 30 geeky people want to hang out together and 20 chavs want to hang out together and 25 sporty people want to hang out together then which one is the "popular group"??? It doesn't even make sense.

i get what you're saying but in our school there is a distinct popular group, its a large one but people know who classes as being part of it or not. I suppose it contains the all rounders, the ones who are attractive(or have been best friends with an attractive person since primary), sporty and clever. they dont neccessarily have to excel at all three but they are somewhat good in all departments, its **** i know.
Original post by JoMo1
Turn up at their door naked? Nothing says sex like "the only thing standing between you and my vagina is the fact that you're still wearing trousers".

It'd work on me, but on the other hand, I'm awesomely cool!

I'm not, I'm horribly lonely. I'm going to go masturbate in a corner now.

I hope that's not my corner you're using :mad:
Reply 29
No such thing as popularity here in Dagenham, if you got money to buy some Chicken McNuggets or if you know Stacey Solomon through a friend of a friend, that's high social standing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
i get what you're saying but in our school there is a distinct popular group, its a large one but people know who classes as being part of it or not. I suppose it contains the all rounders, the ones who are attractive(or have been best friends with an attractive person since primary), sporty and clever. they dont neccessarily have to excel at all three but they are somewhat good in all departments, its **** i know.

do you go to a private school with lots of sports such as rugby and stuff and societies? In my school (just a comprehensive) we just did PE once a week a no-one particularly liked it. I don't think we had a school football team or anything as far as I know. Sport is not a big thing in most average schools I imagine.

Also, are you from the North or South of UK as I'm guessing in the South people are more inclusive/tolerant and don't separate into popular/unpopular so much. Just my guess. :colondollar:

Another thing is that being clever in some inner city schools would make you UN-popular!!!!

How can someone be attractive in primary school? WTF? We are all just children in primary school. I'm not being harsh I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what "popular" means. As I hear it a lot recently over the last couple of years and I don't understand it.

So mainly I want to know
1) Is it a private school
2) Is it north or south.
Reply 31
Firstly i'm gonna ignore the fact that you just classed yourself as a popular guy...teehee:tongue:
So at school i'm the kind of person who isn't in the popular group (although i kind of used to be), isnt a weird kid, is mainly friends with guys because girls bitch too much, mates say i'm stunning(pls dont assume that i think that!! i think they're deluded, i'm also not fishing for comlements cos thats not the purpose of this thread...) yet guys never seem to show much interest which leads me onto my problem...
there are these two guys in a few of my classes. perfect guys. Amazingly hot, sporty and extremely clever. And we get along well, have banter, throw flirty insults at each other etc. but for some reason it only lasts inside the classroom:s
I'm not pushy or clingy but i'll occasionally text them about hwk or something then try and move the convo onto something else and they instantly stop replying:confused:
Guys do you catch yourselves doing this kind of thing?? WHY?? are you embarrased to be seen with the girl?? do you like the idea of girls liking you but dont actually like it when they act on it?? I'm just confused cos i'm not doing anything wrong as far as i'm concerned :frown:

Well, just because they banter with you, it desn't mean they fancy you, men just like banter. There's a lot more needed for most men to fancy a girl like a good persnality and sense of humour. No Im be embarassed when Im seen with a hot girl, why would I be? And of course a man would not dislike it when a women acts on a man she likes. I am flattered if a nice women tries to chat me up, its not for things to be the other way round you.
Reply 32
Firstly i'm gonna ignore the fact that you just classed yourself as a popular guy...teehee:tongue:
So at school i'm the kind of person who isn't in the popular group (although i kind of used to be), isnt a weird kid, is mainly friends with guys because girls bitch too much, mates say i'm stunning(pls dont assume that i think that!! i think they're deluded, i'm also not fishing for comlements cos thats not the purpose of this thread...) yet guys never seem to show much interest which leads me onto my problem...
there are these two guys in a few of my classes. perfect guys. Amazingly hot, sporty and extremely clever. And we get along well, have banter, throw flirty insults at each other etc. but for some reason it only lasts inside the classroom:s
I'm not pushy or clingy but i'll occasionally text them about hwk or something then try and move the convo onto something else and they instantly stop replying:confused:
Guys do you catch yourselves doing this kind of thing?? WHY?? are you embarrased to be seen with the girl?? do you like the idea of girls liking you but dont actually like it when they act on it?? I'm just confused cos i'm not doing anything wrong as far as i'm concerned :frown:

Wait, why is this only for popular guys? You started to talk about not being popular, but that had nothing to do with your question...

You seem to like two guys who, by your description, are exactly the same. If they don't seem to like your advances however, then maybe try to be more straight with them? Asking them out would put the ball in their court as to whether they'd say yes or not. OK first, you'll have to figure out which one you like more, unless you can somehow go out with both of them at the same time...
Reply 33
do you go to a private school with lots of sports such as rugby and stuff and societies? In my school (just a comprehensive) we just did PE once a week a no-one particularly liked it. I don't think we had a school football team or anything as far as I know. Sport is not a big thing in most average schools I imagine.

Also, are you from the North or South of UK as I'm guessing in the South people are more inclusive/tolerant and don't separate into popular/unpopular so much. Just my guess. :colondollar:

Another thing is that being clever in some inner city schools would make you UN-popular!!!!

How can someone be attractive in primary school? WTF? We are all just children in primary school. I'm not being harsh I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what "popular" means. As I hear it a lot recently over the last couple of years and I don't understand it.

So mainly I want to know
1) Is it a private school
2) Is it north or south.

My school is actually just a comprehensive however has an amazing reputation. its very big and pretty much every faculty is brill especially sports (we have people who participate on national level), performing arts and languages. We offer pretty much every sport at our school but for us PE was like marmite, i hated it:tongue: i think that because the school gets such good grades then being clever is more of a norm so people dont get made unpopular because they are clever, some of the cleverest are popular!!
We're up north, in a semi rural village between manchester and liverpool.
and about the attractiveness thing...i was saying that some people may have been best friends since primary and because one ended up being attractive and didnt leave the other behind, they both became popular instead of just the popular one, lol:biggrin:
hope thats everything and i dont mean to sound arrogant or anything i just love my school and am grateful for all the opportunities it gives cos i get that its not your average comprehensive:smile:...
Reply 34
Original post by newts2k
Well, just because they banter with you, it desn't mean they fancy you, men just like banter. There's a lot more needed for most men to fancy a girl like a good persnality and sense of humour. No Im be embarassed when Im seen with a hot girl, why would I be? And of course a man would not dislike it when a women acts on a man she likes. I am flattered if a nice women tries to chat me up, its not for things to be the other way round you.

no i get that it doesnt mean they fancy me but i was making a point about us being friendly and stuff and comfotable with each other in class but outside of class they act like they dont know me:s-smilie:

Original post by Danz123
Wait, why is this only for popular guys? You started to talk about not being popular, but that had nothing to do with your question...

You seem to like two guys who, by your description, are exactly the same. If they don't seem to like your advances however, then maybe try to be more straight with them? Asking them out would put the ball in their court as to whether they'd say yes or not. OK first, you'll have to figure out which one you like more, unless you can somehow go out with both of them at the same time...

haha i've already answered the question about it only being for popular guys and well its not necessarily... and i only fancy one of them but i still dont get why the other guy ignores me out of class either, just wondered if it was something other people found themselves doing to girls who arent as popular as them but who they dont mind being around really.

and i'm not very confident with being forward with guys so i wouldn't know how to be straight with them without making a tit of myself??
Reply 35
...we have people who participate on national level...

Well, if you have people like that I suppose I can see why they would be considered popular. Like the same way professional footballers are popular with the ladies. :smile: Yeah I suppose it was different at my first secondary school which was in inner city London, hardly anyone would even go to university and not amount to much. So no-one was going to be that popular. But if you go to a school where people might become Olympic athletes, millionaires, lawyers and doctors then I can sort of see why they would be popular with the ladies. :colondollar:
Reply 36
Well, if you have people like that I suppose I can see why they would be considered popular. Like the same way professional footballers are popular with the ladies. :smile: Yeah I suppose it was different at my first secondary school which was in inner city London, hardly anyone would even go to university and not amount to much. So no-one was going to be that popular. But if you go to a school where people might become Olympic athletes, millionaires, lawyers and doctors then I can sort of see why they would be popular with the ladies. :colondollar:

hha glad i could let you in on my school lol:biggrin: but yeah its unusual if someone doesnt go to uni at my school:tongue:
You must be either annoying or ugly, because if a hot and interesting girl showed interest in me I'd probably try and maybe have sex with her or something.

I know how you feel I'm kind of in the same boat myself (not in the popular crew, but not a weirdo), but a guy obviously. The guys you're referring to, excuse me for stereotyping, sound like... knobs. The whole banter, sporty thing, I know the sorts of guys, my school is full of them. From what I've seen, they tend to just enjoy the attention, they're flirty and lead hot girls on, but they're not looking for something serious, just a quick shag. Of course, I'm stereotyping, I don't know the guys personally, but I know guys like the ones you've described and they tend to be quite stuck up.

I notice the same thing with the more popular girls though, stuck up and lead you on... but meh, that's society, the whole heirachal system of education for you :s-smilie:
Reply 39

haha i've already answered the question about it only being for popular guys and well its not necessarily... and i only fancy one of them but i still dont get why the other guy ignores me out of class either, just wondered if it was something other people found themselves doing to girls who arent as popular as them but who they dont mind being around really.

Why do you consider them to be popular if they just ignore you out of class? I know I wouldn't consider them popular.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending