The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimber
I really don't see it happening, just wanna get this fight over with so he can go toe to toe with Bradley!

I like Mckolseky's style and the way he fights. If he can fight on the inside unlike Khan. If he can survive the first 2-3 rounds against Khan then I think it will go to decision.

On the basis of the Alexander fight. I would take Bradley against Khan.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I like Mckolseky's style and the way he fights. If he can fight on the inside unlike Khan. If he can survive the first 2-3 rounds against Khan then I think it will go to decision.

Hmm another thing this is the first southpaw Khan will fight outside sparring, though as he's been sparring pacquio he shouldnt really have any problems against mckloskeys style...
Original post by Z_Ahmed
Hmm another thing this is the first southpaw Khan will fight outside sparring, though as he's been sparring pacquio he shouldnt really have any problems against mckloskeys style...

I don't think the Southpaw is the problem. It is just the way that Mckloskey fights.

He can fight on the inside and he can defend himself using his philly shell defense.

I just anticipate Khan will have problems defending himself against Mckloskey as the Irishman works him out and starts to get him against the ropes.

IF McKloskely can fight low down, and use Khans height against him, I think Khan will have serious problems. I mean a bit like James De Gale sometimes does by crouching using the knees. Khan likes fighting against upright fighters.

I believe Khan will win but if it goes past 3 rounds, it will be more of a fight than what the betting lines have got him at.
Reply 3263
Original post by DorianGrayism

I just think Khans too fast for him, his hand speed is ridiculous, you can't prepare for that - just think he's gonna overwhelm him. The Bradley fight would be hard to call, would be a hell of a spectacle though I think.

Arthur Abraham fighting Bozic tommorow, if he doesn't win by KO (I got £10 @ 1.5 on it) his career is over.
AHHH...

The Wlad- Chisora fights looks to be off !!!

So I guess the haye-Wald fight looks like it is back on.

...also, I have mabuza to win this weekend against Zab Judah.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3265
Could someone accept me to the society please ?
Reply 3266
^ lol
Reply 3267
Matthew Hatton is gonna get owned tonight...shame it ain't on sky!
Original post by jimber
Matthew Hatton is gonna get owned tonight...shame it ain't on sky!

i kind of hope he doesn't tbh but its not looking good

i cant see him getting blown away tho tbh - hes a tough nut to crack, mid to late rounds - i pick 8
IBF, IBO, WBO and “The Ring” World Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko has to cancel his title defense against British and Commonwealth Champion Dereck Chisora. The bout was supposed to take place on April 30 in the SAP Arena Mannheim, Germany. The reason is the not yet fully healed injury Klitschko suffered last December.

Originally the fight against Chisora was scheduled for December 11, 2010. A few days before the bout, three-time Champion Klitschko suffered a torn abdominal muscle. After cancelling the fight, it was rescheduled for April 30, 2011. Since the recovery process is not yet in a stage that Klitschko can start training again, the fight has to be called off again..

Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, the doctor in charge, is of the opinion that an intensive training period in preparation for a fight in April cannot be realized.

“Considering the current clinical picture, it is difficult to predict a precise time of rehabilitation. The start of a training camp at this time for a fight in April would be too much of a high risk”, explains Müller-Wohlfahrt.

Wladimir Klitschko: “I am very sorry about cancelling the fight especially for all fans in the already sold-out SAP arena in Mannheim. I have already fought there three times, 2006 I became World Champion in this arena. However, I am optimistic that soon we’ll have an event in Mannheim.”

http://www.spam.com/news.php?p=27163&more=1

:lolwut:
I don't know what Hatton is doing. He is fighting so negatively.
Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko - this summer confirmed.
Reply 3272
fair play to Hatton showed some grit so stick it out even though his offense was poor. Great news about Haye/Klitschko...I ain't gonna believe it until there weighing in though.
Reply 3273
WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will fight IBF and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on either 25 June or 2 July.

whey
Reply 3274
Hatton stood which is a plus for me.
saul is impressive , but not too impressive to me since he seems like a fresh amateur in terms of tactic.
I see him 'stand' and 'fight', I don't think he'll last long in the chess games by pros ahead.
He's gonna need some SERIOUS foot work training because I remember that one of cottos shortcomings was his foot work against the likes of margarito and deMarcus corley
Amir Khan's fight vs. McCloskey which was supposed to be on Sky Box Office has been bumped because of the FA Cup semi final between the two Manchester clubs on the same day. So it's on Sky Sport 3 instead which saves me from watching a rubbish stream.
After watching this press conference, i'm soo riled up for this fight, Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto. Who's gonna win??

so Morales vs Maidana tommorow... Thoughts?

I think Morales is way past it lol, i dunno why he came out of retirement. TKO for maidana i think.
Anybody know a good website to stream boxing fights (for free)?
Reply 3279
Original post by Matty919
Anybody know a good website to stream boxing fights (for free)?

Myp2p.eu normally has them on...**** paying £17 for the Khan fight, when it was gonna be on sky for free. Khans team is so stupid, especially his advisor, fighting on SS3 would've boosted his fanbase alot more and gave long-term PPV appeal...this fight is gonna do horrible figures, especially with the undercard as **** as it is.

Latest