The Student Room Group

The Girl i've never met.... HELP!

Well, Basically i added this girl randomly on facebook, she is alright and we talked a lot. We even exchanged BB pins and have been talking alot since then. Its been eight months when we've actually been talking but we never met up once. Everytime i bring up a conversation of meeting up she will eventually come up with an excuse to not meet. What does that mean shes not interested? Its happened three times when i asked her... now i just feel like am wasting time... should i just go.. move on and forget about her? But she is really nice we have a lot of things in common.. but i don't know what should i do... Help please :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Avik_
Well, Basically i added this girl randomly on facebook, she is alright and we talked a lot. We even exchanged BB pins and have been talking alot since then. Its been eight months when we've actually been talking but we never met up once. Everytime i bring up a conversation of meeting up she will eventually come up with an excuse to not meet. What does that mean shes not interested? Its happened three times when i asked her... now i just feel like am wasting time... should i just go.. move on and forget about her? But she is really nice we have a lot of things in common.. but i don't know what should i do... Help please :confused:

I know girls who used to do this.

Sounds like she'd not interested - especially after 8 months of talking.
Ha, I did this kind of thing when I was 14 - and succeeded.
Original post by Alex-jc123
Ha, I did this kind of thing when I was 14 - and succeeded.

You are a cool person.
I'd say she's not interested, sorry to say.
Original post by Avik_

Original post by Avik_

SHE IS TOYING WITH YOU!!!!!!!! Leave her!!!
Why spend 8 months of your life to find she is not interested...get someone in "real life" or seek advice from the LDR soc :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Hmm are you sure she's not seing anyone?
Reply 7
Yeah, it sounds like she's not really interested. Sorry, bro.
shes fake & stole someone's pics :awesome:
She's a 50 year old man.
She isn't interested in meeting you and is too polite to say so. That's what it sounds like anyway.
Original post by SuperiorHuman
You are a cool person.

Thanks. Oh, and it was on Myspace rather than Facebook :lol:
shes one of those crazy old paedos.
I don't get online relationships... how can you like someone you've never spoken to?

You should learn from this experience. Most of our communication with other people is through body language. By looking at text on a screen and photographs of this person, what you envision them as being like is not what they are like at all. Learn from this. When you picture yourself having a conversation with her, you are having a conversation with a version of her you have made up in your head based loosely on text she has sent you over the internet. Learn from this. She is nothing like you'd imagine. People have more confidence over the internet than they would in person, and in leaving the body language part to your imagination, they can say things they wouldn't usually say to make themselves seem like a fantastic, sexy, improved version of their actual self. Or even as a completely different person.

She is probably a man. Learn from this.
Reply 14
Original post by Nash24
Hmm are you sure she's not seing anyone?

Well she says she not...but you never know with people.. some can easy lie. But she flirts like crazy and always ask if im okay and that... we speak normally... but ive gotten so used to speaking to her should i just leave it as how it is.. just normally speak and not expect anything?
Reply 15
Original post by Avik_

Original post by Avik_
Well she says she not...but you never know with people.. some can easy lie. But she flirts like crazy and always ask if im okay and that... we speak normally... but ive gotten so used to speaking to her should i just leave it as how it is.. just normally speak and not expect anything?

She might be shy?

However, it could also be one of your friends/haters messing with you, but I doubt it as it's been 8 months.

Just say that you are not interested if she doesn't want to meet soon, then her reply to that will be the decisive factor of what to do next.
Reply 16
Do you speak on the phone?
Reply 17
Original post by Osman1993
She might be shy?

However, it could also be one of your friends/haters messing with you, but I doubt it as it's been 8 months.

Just say that you are not interested if she doesn't want to meet soon, then her reply to that will be the decisive factor of what to do next.

Yeah well said, her reply will be though... that she wants to when she gets the right time.. shes busy working most of the time..and she probs would say she wants to meet but when the day comes i ask lets meet up she'll say ok then something will happen last minute to stop her from coming... its not coincidental..right?
Reply 18
Original post by black_mage
Do you speak on the phone?

Yeah i do... only a few times.. she prefers using Black berry instant messenger though cos we normally speak at night and she doesn't wana disturb members of her family to go sleep.
Original post by Avik_

Oneitis is a dangerous thing my friend.
She may well be a very nice girl in real life but right now she has you exactly where she wants you. She has made minimal effort so far, yet has you fawning over her, what incentive is there for her to meet you?

You need to practice some tough love with her imo.
Make yourself less available from now on, when she messages you don't reply or reply hours later. Make out you have a busy, fun life, even if you don't and tell her about the other girls you meet etc. Become more distant in your conversations, you don't want her to have the impression that you sit watching your phone or fb all day for her message to come through.
You can't force her to make more effort with you, she may actually want to see you but just not feel sufficient pressure to so yet. She already knows she won't lose your attention even if she blows you off about meeting up. So you need to become more distant and remind her that you want more than just random messaging, if she isn't willing to meet then she needs to know that you won't just wait for that day that may never come, but you will move on and find someone else.

If she makes more effort and decides she wants to meet, then great...if not then let her go, move on and find someone else prepared to make the effort that you deserve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending