The Student Room Group

has anyoneever had a consultation with a plastic surgeon?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
I don't want to be a barbie. I don't want all these other procedures everyone keeps suggesting.I just want the bump removed so i can be confident.

You have a small bump on your nose, a fair few girls have bumps on their noses... do you not get laid or something? plastic surgery is not the answer just to get laid :colondollar:
Okay thank you. Do you plan to get rhinoplasty? Also, when my grandad died he left me a sum of money which would fiance a nose job.

Yes, one day. I wanted it done ideally last June - no job = no rhinoplasty. You're very lucky in terms of financing it. To this day this is the only thing holding me back, and I'll have to work for a year or two to earn the money; and the way things are this could be a very long time in the future :frown: Good luck and all the best, it could really take that weight off your shoulders :smile:
Original post by tehFrance
You have a small bump on your nose, a fair few girls have bumps on their noses... do you not get laid or something? plastic surgery is not the answer just to get laid :colondollar:

I have no problem getting laid, but there comes a time when you have had enough of getting laid and you want an actual relationship.
Original post by hatemylife
Yes, one day. I wanted it done ideally last June - no job = no rhinoplasty. You're very lucky in terms of financing it. To this day this is the only thing holding me back, and I'll have to work for a year or two to earn the money; and the way things are this could be a very long time in the future :frown: Good luck and all the best, it could really take that weight off your shoulders :smile:

Aw that's too bad. I hope you find the finance soon. I am lucky in that sense. I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait another year until I'm eighteen.
Reply 44
Are you for real? Judging by your pictures there's nothing wrong with your nose...

I imagine the cost must go into thousands for Rhinoplasty and if you're sure it will improve your life and make you happier then go ahead and do it but I really don't see a problem with your nose.

Also once you get the surgery you'll probably pick another feature of your body and focus on getting surgery to "improve" that too. You're far too young for this but either way imo you look fine and spend your money on something better.
I had a consultation for rhinoplasty. I got really hyped up for it and then went home and watched the procedure on youtube just so I understood it all better.

God it just looked so horrendous I decided I'd rather keep my funny nose and put my £5k to better use :awesome:

But thats just me. If you want to get it done, I wish you luck with it. I found my consultation to be very clear and informative and I am sure yours will be as well.
Original post by secret_smile
I had a consultation for rhinoplasty. I got really hyped up for it and then went home and watched the procedure on youtube just so I understood it all better.

God it just looked so horrendous I decided I'd rather keep my funny nose and put my £5k to better use :awesome:

But thats just me. If you want to get it done, I wish you luck with it. I found my consultation to be very clear and informative and I am sure yours will be as well.

That's my worry! I tried to acclimatise myself to the procedure by watching, but I can't. I just try to acquaint myself with what happens so I'm not surprised, but it's not like I'll be watching my own rhinoplasty so I hope that not being able to watch isn't too much of a hindrance.
My nose looks like yours :smile:
I've had the same sort of name-calling treatment...
I went through a period where I wanted a 'nose job'
And now I just couldn't care less.... It stands out.. So what?

Get over it, learn to love what you have instead of constantly trying to change it.
Reply 48
Yes the guy was a dick and not helpful. I ended up getting injections from a nurse to define my nose instead. Its not permanent like plastic sugery is but in a way thats a good thing if you regret what you got done. The bad thing though is when she gets it perfect I have to worry about it going away and getting it perfect again next time.
Just back, he pretty much said they wouldn't consider it until I was atleast eighteen, nothing unexpected. Oh well, I think I'm okay with having a big nose for the moment.
Original post by hatemylife
Out of curiosity, did you go with an individual surgeon or a company like Harley Medical Group or TRANSFORM?

No I went with a BAAPS surgeon, if you really want to do it, yu should choose one of these. Althuogh, I would not recommend getting it done, I prefered my nose before as it had a bump and more character and there is nothing wrong with these noses on girls either. Many people get less than expect/hope from the op. There is only so much you can do as the nose is a bone, you can't really make significant changes.
Reply 51
a few more pictures, you might find useful?

You def do not need a nosejob, promise
Original post by Anonymous
No I went with a BAAPS surgeon, if you really want to do it, yu should choose one of these. Althuogh, I would not recommend getting it done, I prefered my nose before as it had a bump and more character and there is nothing wrong with these noses on girls either. Many people get less than expect/hope from the op. There is only so much you can do as the nose is a bone, you can't really make significant changes.

Yes, I know. One of the key phrases with rhinoplasties is 'realistic expectations'. There's no guarantee it's going to be a success. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but there is always a revision rhinoplasty. Of course this carries heightened risks, not to mention the cost on top of the original operation.
Original post by 098
Dear OP (please consider getting a new username- because you do not need to lose weight),

STOP. Don't go to a plastic surgeon consultation. You don't need it. If I sit here telling you you already look lovely, I know you won't believe me, so I'm just going talk about the other issues.

I don't wish to sound patronising, but your thoughts on your appearance will only get better from the age of 16. At this age, you feel your most self-conscious because you're very aware of others' opinions of you but haven't yet formed your own self confidence not to care. I'm 19, and I used to feel exactly the same at your age- but only 3 years later I have completely changed my mind, and am so glad that I didn't do anything drastic earlier on.

In terms of appearance, my face HAS changed with getting older- my teeth have straightened themselves out, my features are more in proportion, and now, it wouldn't suit me to if had gotten plastic surgery or anything. I've lost weight- through exercise and a healthy attitude to food- which has also changed how my face looks- plus my skin has gotten a lot better. I'm just trying to illustrate how you can unexpectedly grow into your own skin.

I'm not trying to say that I look stunning now or anything- far from it. But I'm actually really okay with that. Since starting uni and making new friends, I've realised that to build yourself the life YOU want to lead, you have to have a positive attitude to life. It's only now that I can apply this to my appearance and concentrate on what I like, rather than what I don't.

I look the way I do because it is who I am- and there is no point trying to change that. I might not have the perfect bone structure, but there are other things that I like about myself. I am proud of who I am. I have accepted that I might not look as conventionally gorgeous as other girls, but that's okay because I'm different to them. I'm also doing the degree that I want to do and I'm getting on with my life, and I enjoy other things rather than getting with random guys.

Just wait until you find yourself before making any decisions like this. I promise you, things can only get better after school- it's the most pressured and crazy environment in which to compare yourself to others, but at uni or wherever you decide to go on to, you'll meet people that will make you feel good about yourself, and get on with doing the things that you enjoy.

xxx

I'm not sure why, but this post made me cry. Thank you very very much for your words of wisdom. I went to my consultation this morning, but I don't think I am going to go ahead with rhinoplasty.
Reply 54
I've got one tomorrow, and im terrified. I'm only sixteen, and im worried he makes me feel like an idiot

I have had rhinoplasty done, I'm 18!
If you need any questions answered, private message me! (I'd rather not discuss my private life for those nosy f*****s on the thread:smile: ) I'll be happy to answer anything you're unsure/scared of :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 55
I'm not sure why, but this post made me cry. Thank you very very much for your words of wisdom. I went to my consultation this morning, but I don't think I am going to go ahead with rhinoplasty.

I just wanted to echo her sentiments here. She's completely right, you are at the worst stage in your life for insecurity and both females and male suffer frm it. You will naturally get more confident from here on. I am 24 and didn't like my nose either and then just decided **** it, people have much worse problems, I guess a larger is more of a masculine trait but they sure as hell don't detract from a woman's attractiveness most of the time. And by the way, you do not need to lose weight, you look slim if anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending