The Student Room Group

Mother has no respect for my privacy!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Manesh2468
nah i think ive had my fair amount of essay writing to not be bothered about how i come across people on a forum...

Stereotyping is a no-go :rolleyes:
Original post by Arcanine
Not true, I have privacy and live with my parents.

im talking about the people with privacy issues here =/ not people that dont have privacy problems lol
My mums really nosey :smile:

She was recently 'tidying' my brothers room when he was at school and found all his 'personal stuff'
I thought it was hilarious before she did it to me, not that ive got anything to hide, but still.
She also reads my texts and emails and stuff if i leave my phone around (dont do that anymore!)

I think shes just worried about us tbh so it doesnt really bother me :smile:
Reply 103
move the current content of the box into your school bag or somewhere. write a letter about how awful her behaviour is and how bad it makes you feel, put it in the box.
Reply 104
erm no offence but if you had a brain by old enough i meant that, i aint going to cry about privacy but rather just be honest and so there would be no reason for anyone to go thro my stuff..

yeh when you go from 5-19 things change but with that you should also be more mature and actually think that, if your going to prevent your own parents from seeing something when they question it then they WILL want to know what it is.

No offence, but if YOU had a brain, then you would realize that to be taken seriously on this forum, it would be much better to type using proper grammar and spelling.

How about this, that being more mature means you realize you have a right to privacy and that now you are 'mature' you can look after yourself sufficiently so that your parents don't need to check up on everything you have or do?
Reply 105
but i didnt use it as you said i did... =/ lol

I assumed you would as your typing is painful to look at.
Original post by DenHen
No offence, but if YOU had a brain, then you would realize that to be taken seriously on this forum, it would be much better to type using proper grammar and spelling.

How about this, that being more mature means you realize you have a right to privacy and that now you are 'mature' you can look after yourself sufficiently so that your parents don't need to check up on everything you have or do?

erm if you think you can look after yourself properly then why dont you just get out if you have a problem and get a place of your own...
Original post by Trigger
I assumed you would as your typing is painful to look at.

its bad to assume =/
Reply 108
erm if you think you can look after yourself properly then why dont you just get out if you have a problem and get a place of your own...

By 'look after yourself' I mean know what is right or wrong, making my decisions etc.

I probably could go and 'get a place of my own' if that was entirely based on the factor of being 'mature'. Except it is considerably more complicated than that. So, in the case of the OP, he is unable to move out yet, and so is asking for advice on how to maintain his privacy, which he a has a right to.
Reply 109
Just put something else in the box, such as a few photos of friends, some old stuff you liked when you were younger. So then when the crazy bitch finally breaks in she'll feel ashamed.
Original post by DenHen
By 'look after yourself' I mean know what is right or wrong, making my decisions etc.

I probably could go and 'get a place of my own' if that was entirely based on the factor of being 'mature'. Except it is considerably more complicated than that. So, in the case of the OP, he is unable to move out yet, and so is asking for advice on how to maintain his privacy, which he a has a right to.

ANd if you read what i said then... i said that he should put it somewhere where they cant see it, best thing to do would be to change what ever inside =/ but keeping it out of sight in the first place is what helps, since they cant want to see something they dont even know about.
Original post by Trigger
Forgive me but it looks like a hell of a bigger effort to type like you have hooks for hands on a forum plus it makes you look like a moron. Personally i wouldn't want people assuming i was a moron bcs i typ lyke this LOL

thanks for cheering me up whilst im writing an incredibly boring essay :smile:
Reply 112
its bad to assume =/

Its bad to generalise a whole race of people but i think i can live with what i did.
ANd if you read what i said then... i said that he should put it somewhere where they cant see it, best thing to do would be to change what ever inside =/ but keeping it out of sight in the first place is what helps, since they cant want to see something they dont even know about.

Lol why are you now giving advice to hide stuff :confused:
You just spent ages slagging people off who get annoyed when their parents go through their things.

You've clearly just never had any privacy from your parents, don't worry, you'll get loads when you move out
=/ idk but it always seems to be them that complain bout privacy and when i saw that worlds strictest parents.. yes you guessed it...

You're not giving your race a very good representation for intelligence. Your grammar, spelling and sentence structure is absolutely atrocious. It wouldn't matter any other place on the internet, but this is a STUDENT forum. A small degree of intelligence is expected.

Furthermore, the world's strictest parents are usually Asians.
Original post by Trigger
Its bad to generalise a whole race of people but i think i can live with what i did.

i dno i think its pretty acceptable after everything ive seen, if you do ever go india youl notice no ones doors are shut for the whole day, over here everyone is very confidential and want alot of privacy which is fine, but then u get subgroups e.g. community - > familys -> family members, everyone has something to hide which is fine, but you cant go blaming when you think no one repescts your privacy. Sure if they trust you then you should have your own privacy in a ideal world but how many parents acctually trust there teenager kids? =/
Original post by JohnC2211
You're not giving your race a very good representation for intelligence. Your grammar, spelling and sentence structure is absolutely atrocious. It wouldn't matter any other place on the internet, but this is a STUDENT forum. A small degree of intelligence is expected.

Furthermore, the world's strictest parents are usually Asians.

lol i meant the other end of the stick.. the spoiled kids where mostly white and if you analysed them youd see what they had issues with. And writing doesnt really represent your intelligence, sure maybe how much you use the computer to actually be use to writing in a certain way but im more use to texting and crap like that.
(edited 13 years ago)
What's in the box?
Do the same to her then she has some idea of just how annoying it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending