The Student Room Group

Started revision for as levels a bit too late

Its about 4-5 weeks before most of my exams and i only started on monday.
Struggled with coursework so spent too long on that now i have little time for revision.
I have
History Edexcel- 2 modules one on russian through 20th century and one on henry 8th
English lit aqa-1 paper
Bio aqa-2 modules
Chemistry ocr salters-2 modules

so should i be ok if i work about 10 hours a day during holiday (with 10 minute breaks every hour of course).
I think i started sooner than this for my gcse's but i plan to be a bit more of an active learner rather than just notes for example plan to do at least 1 history essay and 1 englsih essay per day.

Do you think i'll be ok?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
10 hours a day
you are MEGA
Reply 3
You definitely have enough time to pull it off. Just get off tsr and study ~
seriously, you do not need to do that much revision! it will only make you stressed and have a negative impact on your health prior to the exams when you need to be at your best. make a timetable and aim to do about 2 - 3 hours a day from now on. when you get closer to each individual exam, increase your hours of focus on that particular topic. you should be fine :smile:
Reply 5
i havent started yet and am not planning to until tomorrow as i have had friends over from canada, one of which is a loud 3-year old. my first exam is the 20th May and i have 7 exams. im pretty chilled since most of the stuff ive learnt in school already, some hasnt been taught yet though. but its just a matter of refreshing my memory and practicing in my revision. i plan on doing 9.30 til 5.30 revision days though through easter to make up for the past few days that i havent been able to revise in.
Reply 6
Original post by Gwennig
Its about 4-5 weeks before most of my exams and i only started on monday.
Struggled with coursework so spent too long on that now i have little time for revision.
I have
History Edexcel- 2 modules one on russian through 20th century and one on henry 8th
English lit aqa-1 paper
Bio aqa-2 modules
Chemistry ocr salters-2 modules

so should i be ok if i work about 10 hours a day during holiday (with 10 minute breaks every hour of course).
I think i started sooner than this for my gcse's but i plan to be a bit more of an active learner rather than just notes for example plan to do at least 1 history essay and 1 englsih essay per day.

Do you think i'll be ok?

I'd be a double genius if I could do so much revision. I started revision for my AS levels 4 weeks before my exams and I was fine. Stick with the revision, don't wear yourself out, take breaks and you'll be fine.
Reply 7
get off TSR get revising
(GTFO&GR)
If you even do one day as you plan to you'll have done more than I did for my AS's.

So yeah you'll be more than fine!
Reply 9
You can completely leave out history revision, trust me. You'll pass it no probs :tongue:
Original post by Hazular
You can completely leave out history revision, trust me. You'll pass it no probs :tongue:

Your Sig! Funniest moment in Hot Fuzz, had me ROFLing for about 10 mins.
Yes.

I didn't start properly revising for my AS Levels until after Easter last year (granted, Easter was earlier, but I digress...), and I was fine (I got 4 As, with full UMS in 2 modules). Personally, I find it's quality rather than quantity of revision.
3 hours focused work > 10 hours when you're half concentrating, because tbh it's kind of impossible to stay focused for 10 hours non stop.
Original post by flywithemma
Yes.

I didn't start properly revising for my AS Levels until after Easter last year (granted, Easter was earlier, but I digress...), and I was fine (I got 4 As, with full UMS in 2 modules). Personally, I find it's quality rather than quantity of revision.
3 hours focused work > 10 hours when you're half concentrating, because tbh it's kind of impossible to stay focused for 10 hours non stop.

That's amazing, what subjects did you do? [Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through the whole topic]
Reply 13
Original post by Pensivedore
Your Sig! Funniest moment in Hot Fuzz, had me ROFLing for about 10 mins.

Hehee, thankye! It is rather an awesome film. :colone:
Original post by LifeIsGood
That's amazing, what subjects did you do? [Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't read through the whole topic]

I did French, History, English Lit and Maths. I dropped Maths at AS.
Reply 15
My first AS exam's on the 17th May and I've barely started revising...

It's definitely not too late though, don't think you have to spend 7238374394239473 hours revising - like someone said above, it's quality not quantity :smile:
Original post by flywithemma
I did French, History, English Lit and Maths. I dropped Maths at AS.

how did you revise for history if you don't mind me asking:smile:
Original post by livingforthefuture
how did you revise for history if you don't mind me asking:smile:

Lots and lots of spider diagrams.
And practice questions.
And flash cards :smile:
My exams are quite similar to yours and I started revising properly last week, so you should be fine! Although I am a slow learner. :smile: and now back to biology...
Im seriously lacking in motivation today :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest