The Student Room Group

Guys: would a prominent nose stop you fancying a girl?

I am sixteen and had a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon today who told me I am going to have to wait atleast another two years before I can get rhinoplasty. The more I think about it, the more I am thinking, is it worth the money? With the money I was going to spend on a nose job I could travel, or go to uni in Canada, or get laser eye surgery instead. But would a prominent nose affect how hot a girl is? Would you not go out with a girl if she had a prominent nose? I don't want to be a cat lady...

Scroll to see replies

i see you are only 16 and i dont mean to be harsh but from your username, a nose job is the last thing you should worry about
Reply 2
Naked pics or GTFO.
Reply 3
You're sixteen and clearly very self conscious. These things are more of an issue than your nose.
Reply 4
What a waste of money. You are beautiful just the way you are, don't you ever let anyone decide that for you.
Reply 5
Level of nose prominency is top of a guy's checklist when he evaluates the attractiveness of a female.

Or...

No, it doesn't matter.
Original post by emeritus2011
i see you are only 16 and i dont mean to be harsh but from your username, a nose job is the last thing you should worry about

Well I am trying to lose weight too, but it's quite hard with all this exam stress.
plastic surgery at 16? wth? although most likely it wouldn't be an issue no unless you looked like pinocchio
Reply 8
wtf is with these threads? jeeeeeeeez if u aint comfortable in ur own skin then go walk in traffic. Try looking at burn victims ect.. ur lucky u were born with all ur body parts usable. FIX UP
People look at the whole package, not just your nose. There's always going to be someone who will like you no matter what your nose looks like :tongue:
Reply 10
No, again: i'm not going on long beach walks, talking for hours in bed, slowly falling in love, getting a mortgage and having kids with her nose. It's with her as a person!

Having said that, something different that sticks out actually attracts me more to a girl. My GF has insanely weird curly hair that she struggles to tame and thinks is her ugliest feature and a mole on her colar bone which she is insecure about and a sharp bump (she calls a 'hook') on her nose which she wants rid of yet those are few of the many 'cute' things I love about her. If I see those things on other people it reminds me of her as it is something uniquely her-ish. :love:
Reply 11
It depends on how much you consider it an issue. Your nose is the centre of your face, so if you're unhappy with the way it looks you won't be able to get away from that. Whether you think it's a problem you need to sort out for yourself.
I don't think guys are bothered about the nose specificially, but if it was different then it may consider how they view your beauty overall.

Basically, if it really affects how you view yourself (ie- if you're constantly thinking how it looks, your eyes jump straight to it in photos, you put more makeup on it to help) then it's probably worth it, but if you can see more worthwhile things to spend the money on then maybe you don't need it afterall :smile:
Lack of self-esteem and confidence is a far worse trait than a prominent nose. Be happy.
Reply 13
No it wouldn't. If I fancy a bird its because of how she looks right then and there, not how she could look in two years with a nose job.
Original post by Jim-ie
No it wouldn't. If I fancy a bird its because of how she looks right then and there, not how she could look in two years with a nose job.

So you're saying you wouldn't fancy a girl with a prominent nose?
Original post by pooo
No, again: i'm not going on long beach walks, talking for hours in bed, slowly falling in love, getting a mortgage and having kids with her nose. It's with her as a person!

Having said that, something different that sticks out actually attracts me more to a girl. My GF has insanely weird curly hair that she struggles to tame and thinks is her ugliest feature and a mole on her colar bone which she is insecure about and a sharp bump (she calls a 'hook') on her nose which she wants rid of yet those are few of the many 'cute' things I love about her. If I see those things on other people it reminds me of her as it is something uniquely her-ish. :love:

At first I was :lolwut: and then I was... :love:

Very sweet.
Reply 16
dont be so hard on yourself, i like your lamp

Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
I am sixteen and had a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon today who told me I am going to have to wait atleast another two years before I can get rhinoplasty. The more I think about it, the more I am thinking, is it worth the money? With the money I was going to spend on a nose job I could travel, or go to uni in Canada, or get laser eye surgery instead. But would a prominent nose affect how hot a girl is? Would you not go out with a girl if she had a prominent nose? I don't want to be a cat lady...

Well it depends on how 'prominent', it might be nothing, but then it might actually be an issue. Pics?
Original post by Lukey.T
wtf is with these threads? jeeeeeeeez if u aint comfortable in ur own skin then go walk in traffic. Try looking at burn victims ect.. ur lucky u were born with all ur body parts usable. FIX UP

You Sir, are a winner.
If you are so self concious about it then do it. Don't get it done because you want a boyfriend, get it done if it'll make a difference to how you feel about yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending