The Student Room Group

Best lip balm you've ever tried?

Scroll to see replies

epaderm. used to have really dry lips because i'd lick them so they would crack and bleed. now they're so soft and well moisturised.
Hi five indeed, sistaaaaaaa :h:
Original post by Quail
Is this a problem with the Palmers lip balm? I had a big allergic reaction to that, after getting the itchy lip thing :frown:

I doubt it, quite a few people on here seem to have no problems so it must just be us having a bad reaction to one of the ingredients :s-smilie:
As far as I know I'm not allergic to anything and I've used the Palmers cocoa butter moisturiser without any problems so it must be something else :s-smilie:
Blistex Relief Cream - it's the only thing that keeps my lips looking okay. Mine are particularly dry though.
The Body Shop lip balms aren't bad, for chapped lips I'd say if you're using them, use the vertical application method - instead of applying the lip balm from left to right, do it with up/down strokes. But I guess that goes with whatever you use on severely chapped lips!

I remember using the Body Shop Brazil Nut lip balm years ago!

It's one of the best I've ever used because of the taste and the smoothness of it but I think something happened to it because it started tasting like pencil shavings :lol:
Original post by l'amourtoujours
I need a new lip balm, my carmex just finished but I'm not sure if I want to get it again as I feel like it's all that moisturizing and I find it tends to leave residue on my lips :s-smilie: Any suggestions?

Vaseline.
Palmers Medicated Lip Butter
Vaseline in a pink tin (rose and almond oil)

And Superdrug's Little Red Tin
Lush chocolate lip balm. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Reply 68
Palmers do a peppermint one which is quite nice :smile:

I swear by Chapstick, I buy them by the handful when I'm in Boots. Also a New Zealand brand called Wild Ferns, they do various items made from manuka honey such as hand cream -the lip balm is reallly good, so if you're ever in Kiwi land pick some up!
Reply 69
I always use The Body Shop Lip Butter before bed, not usually in the day though because it stays a very creamy white colour on my lips. If I need lip balm in the day I usually use Kiehls!
Original post by Indian_Princess
I use this everyday and night and whenever my lips feel dry which is always lol. Its like vaseline but works better and stays on longer.

You can use that on your lips?! :lolwut:
Adding to the Burts Bees corner ^_^ It's amazing, i've been using it for years. The little tin lasts forever, seriously.

I have so many, but really good ol' Vaseline is one of the best :tongue:
Also -

Can't remember where I got it, google Ecolips berry and it comes up :smile:
Stays on a long time and smells like wine gums :h:
Reply 73
Kiehls!!
Reply 74
burts bees!
Reply 75
I like Burt's Bees - either the yellow which is mint flavour, or the pomegranate one.

:smile:
Unfortunately, they're a little tricky to come across.
Original post by Ladipidoo
You can use that on your lips?! :lolwut:

Yep, it's just like a thick emulsifying cream thing a bit like vaseline but works alot better imo.
I love the original carmex, the cherry one, not so much.
Original post by elixira
Love Vaseline Rosy Lips (the red one), because my lips are naturally a bit pale and need a bit of spicing up... also, all the other 'tint' lipbalms tend to be too pink and frosty.

They do it in a stick as well as a pot now, which is exciting because I'm not a big fan of touching my face/mouth unless I've just washed my hands!

Oh wonderful, thank you - I had no idea! By any chance have you noticed it in any supermarkets yet, please? The nearest Boots is quite a long way from me :frown:
Vaseline is the best for me. I like the pink one.

Quick Reply

Latest