The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DDS
does anyone know when the next pay day is?

22nd :biggrin:
Paydays seem so long, I'm always left with less than a pound within the first week of getting payed. :frown:
haha i have 50 quid left! i really want a full time job, i just don't want it with sainsburys.
Original post by inksplodge
22nd :biggrin:

I've been told we get paid on the 21st because the 22nd is Good Friday so they've had to bring forward a day :smile:
Original post by funkyfish08
I've been told we get paid on the 21st because the 22nd is Good Friday so they've had to bring forward a day :smile:

i hope that's true, but it doesn't normally happen does it? :woo:
Original post by inksplodge
i hope that's true, but it doesn't normally happen does it? :woo:

It has once before in the last few years I think, was it because of New Years Eve/Day? I can't remember. I've seen it written down in store somewhere, I think its because the banks are shut Good Friday the money wouldn't be paid so its bought earlier. I'll have another look when I'm in work on Friday see if I can find wherever it said it.
Original post by funkyfish08
It has once before in the last few years I think, was it because of New Years Eve/Day? I can't remember. I've seen it written down in store somewhere, I think its because the banks are shut Good Friday the money wouldn't be paid so its bought earlier. I'll have another look when I'm in work on Friday see if I can find wherever it said it.

awesome! my bank isn't open on payday so maybe it's true :biggrin:
Anyone know what breaks you get for a 7 hour shift?
Reply 8108
Hey all,

I applied last week for an online shopper position and arranged my interview today which isnt for another 6 weeks! Hope the vacancy is still around by then, but apparently thats thats the only interview?!
Any experiences with this role? Is the interview just a standard one-to-one format or is there roleplay?
Sorry I did have a look through the past 20 or so pages but no way I could make it through the whole thread! :P
Original post by odriscoll
Anyone know what breaks you get for a 7 hour shift?

you get 30 mins for anything between 6-8 hours, so should be 30 mins.
Reply 8110
Original post by shooting.star
you get 30 mins for anything between 6-8 hours, so should be 30 mins.

wow thats nice of them, on checkouts its only 20 minute breaks for 6 hour shifts in our store :confused:
Reply 8111
Original post by DDS
wow thats nice of them, on checkouts its only 20 minute breaks for 6 hour shifts in our store :confused:

Yeah you get 20 minutes break for a 6 hour shift. Any more than up to 8 is 30.
Reply 8112
Original post by FXX
Yeah you get 20 minutes break for a 6 hour shift. Any more than up to 8 is 30.

what about 6 hour 15 minute shifts :redface:
Reply 8113
what is sainsburys policy on employees having a second job?

would they happily give a reference for one? ive been working there for 6 months, i need more hours but dont think i can face doing any extra at sainsburys!
I've started to face facts with my PGCE. I don't think I can afford to quit. So, for now, I am back on the hunt for a transfer. *Fingers crossed* that HR can help me when I am in tomorrow... :/
Original post by Clare7

would they happily give a reference for one? ive been working there for 6 months, i need more hours but dont think i can face doing any extra at sainsburys!

Don't know what stance they take on you getting a second job whilst working for them. I know a few people who held two jobs when I started there though - they didn't want to quit their existing jobs until after the probation period with Sainsbury's. A few still have two jobs over 6 months later...

I can't see why it would be a problem so long as it didn't interfere with your hours for them though...
Original post by Clare7

theres a couple of people with a second job on my shift, they dont seem to be bothered as long as it doesnt clash
Reply 8117
Sainsbury's application rejection feedback
Hiii everyone ..had an interview for customer service assistant yesterday ...today i got a mail from them stating that I was Unsuccessful ..I thought I had really made this one.but not sure wher did i went wrong.
Can I have the feedback from them stating where I was wrong , so that I can correct it the next time I apply to sainsbury's..
please help me out!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!
Reply 8118
Original post by sreeuk
Sainsbury's application rejection feedback
Hiii everyone ..had an interview for customer service assistant yesterday ...today i got a mail from them stating that I was Unsuccessful ..I thought I had really made this one.but not sure wher did i went wrong.
Can I have the feedback from them stating where I was wrong , so that I can correct it the next time I apply to sainsbury's..
please help me out!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Contact the stores HR dept, they'll be able to give you feedback on what went well and what didn't.
Reply 8119
Original post by Schumacher
From the top of my head it is roughly:

Log books to be removed :biggrin:
Quantity option gone
Grab locks gone
Now when asking for ID it is done through the screen (both on tills and self-scan)
ID options are OK, Acceptable ID, No ID, Unacceptable ID or something along these lines

They should be coming within the next few days (ours are tomorrow) and your supervisors should have made you aware of them too but haven't which is odd.

Also:

The receipt will say how much your Nectar points are worth (in monetary terms)
i.e.
Closing Balance - 750 points
Worth at Sainsbury's - £3.75

(This will just be in the Nectar statement at the end of the receipt, and will also print on the balance/points update receipts when points are added at the CSD).

If the customers card is declined, they will receive a separate receipt which confirms this.

On screen prompts are also being repositioned to the top, to allow you to see the promotions deduced and the total balance. (This is currently obstructed once a customer enters their card - as the "Enter PIN" message box covers this area.

And last and by no means least, you will be able to use JS Gift Cards to pay at Self Checkout, HOWEVER you will NOT be able to purchase any gift cards at the S/C's

I'm led to believe all stores will be on the new software by June 2011 at the latest. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending