The Student Room Group

What type of Jobs can I except: Mandarin Chinese

Hey there!

You've no doubt had similar questions, but I am starting a Mandarin degree in september and am just wondering what career opertunities, other than the obious 'translator' (and specific comapnies if at all possible) will be open to me upon completion (primerily so that I can get to grips with any extra-curicular and internships).

Thank you very much, I really apprecaitae your help! :smile:
Original post by MandarinStudent

Original post by MandarinStudent
Hey there!

You've no doubt had similar questions, but I am starting a Mandarin degree in september and am just wondering what career opertunities, other than the obious 'translator' (and specific comapnies if at all possible) will be open to me upon completion (primerily so that I can get to grips with any extra-curicular and internships).

Thank you very much, I really apprecaitae your help! :smile:

You can do pretty much get any job in a madarin speaking country eg if you work in a bank you can go to a china branch and work with them etc :biggrin: Fun or what?
Original post by blueray
You can do pretty much get any job in a madarin speaking country eg if you work in a bank you can go to a china branch and work with them etc :biggrin: Fun or what?

Thank you for your reply!

I'm actually interested in possibly going into the diplomatic service.

Do you (or anyone else) have any tips/advice as to any sort of internship programmes or activities in general that would help me be a more attractive candidate?

Many thanks again! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending