The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I must me more of a private person than most here...

I have never peed in front of a man, never had anyone see my sanitary products (except an uncle my accident *die* ), never had sex on my period.

I did fart in front of a guy once but it was by accident during a sneeze so I don't think he heard. I'm fairly confident he didn't, it was after that he asked me out.
Reply 41
For me, all those things kind of kill the romance in a relationship. After about 3 years my partner has started to openly fart infront of me and I hate it! I know it sounds petty but I just think it's gross. We've peed infront of each other before and he doesn't mind it at all, infact at a hotel at the weekend he was telling me to use the loo while he was having a wash instead of waiting for him to finish. Unless I'm absolutely desparate I won't pee infront of him, I duno I just think some things should be kept private even though I'm not grossed out by them.

In terms of seeing used sanituary products, that's a big no-no for me.
Reply 42
Having been together for 3 years and living together for 2 and a half, making sure I never farted or burped in front of him would be tedious and quite frankly pointless... seriously, it's a natural bodily function 0_o

I've never had sex on my period, because the thought is just rather... grim
Original post by MovingOn
For me, all those things kind of kill the romance in a relationship.

Romance is a loving relationship between two people. How does a fart kill romance, would you love them less if they farted?

It's a question of who do you love? all of the person? or just a particular image of the person where they never have natural bodily functions?
Reply 44
Original post by screenager2004
Romance is a loving relationship between two people. How does a fart kill romance, would you love them less if they farted?

It's a question of who do you love? all of the person? or just a particular image of the person where they never have natural bodily functions?

I don't know how, but it does lessen the attraction for a short time. If my man is standing before me I feel like ravishing him, if he stands before me then farts I'd rather not ravish him at that time!

I love him as a person. Do I love the fact he farts and pees? Not really, that would be weird.
Reply 45
I can't understand how people manage to have fulfilling, intimate relationships yet not feel comfortable to have sex on your period or fart or piss. Okay if it's not that serious a relationship, fine. But if you live together, why try to mediate your image like that? It's like girls who get married and the guy has never seen her without makeup on. It's weird.

Just because someone doesn't like the idea of having sex on their period doesn't mean they are incapable of having a fulfilling, intimate relationship. Did it ever cross your mind that they are comfortable with it, but just think its disgusting? I mean all this talk about 'mood killers' tbh being on your period isn't exactly the sexiest thing in itself is it? I am completely comfortable around my boyfriend, but frankly I find sex during my period unhygienic and a little grim. Additionally, I'm sure he is not a fan of the idea of having his penis covered in my menstrual blood. That is what handjobs and oral sex is for.
My ex and I would fart in front of one another. I'm fine with period sex but he was grossed out by it. As for peeing, my friends and I always share toilets when we're out etc. and I can confirm I was more intimate with my boyfriend than I am them, so we did that too (although he sometimes got shy and physically couldn't!)

As for poo - no.
Reply 47
Original post by georgia(:
Just because someone doesn't like the idea of having sex on their period doesn't mean they are incapable of having a fulfilling, intimate relationship. Did it ever cross your mind that they are comfortable with it, but just think its disgusting? I mean all this talk about 'mood killers' tbh being on your period isn't exactly the sexiest thing in itself is it? I am completely comfortable around my boyfriend, but frankly I find sex during my period unhygienic and a little grim. Additionally, I'm sure he is not a fan of the idea of having his penis covered in my menstrual blood. That is what handjobs and oral sex is for.

condom? to say it's unhygienic is a little silly.
Reply 48
Original post by petitflam
condom? to say it's unhygienic is a little silly.

True, but to say that couples who aren't comfortable with sex during period must not be mature/serious about each other is also a little silly. It's simply personal preference, and I prefer not to.
he farts in front of me, but i dont like to fart in front of him haha.
burping we both do, just thought i'd add that in XD
i dont like people hearing me pee, but if it was jsut him then it wouldnt bother me
periods...i tend to keep that pretty secret and even the idea of period sex i find grim XD
Did it ever cross your mind that they are comfortable with it, but just think its disgusting?

No, I find that sentence to be a contradiction in terms. The definition of being uncomfortable with something is: not comfortable; experiencing discomfort; uneasy or anxious; put off or disgusted.
Reply 51
Original post by obsession
I once heard a couple on radio saying 'it's when you feel it's OK to fart in front of your other half is when you know it's true love' lol

I dunno, this doesn't seem that bad of a quote. Obviously it sounds ridiculous just because of the word fart in it... But the concept is kinda deep.
Reply 52
I never used to fart in front of my boyfriend, which just led to my tummy getting very bloated and sore. Now I live with him, holding it in all the time is just not possible- I'd be constantly in pain! I won't wee in front of him though, and I get cross if he doesn't shut the bathroom door properly so it swings open when he's using the loo. I'm sure in time we won't be that fussed, probably once he's seen me have a baby (which, let's face it, isn't the most dignified of activities) but for now I'm holding on to some sense of dignity!
Reply 53
No, I find that sentence to be a contradiction in terms. The definition of being uncomfortable with something is: not comfortable; experiencing discomfort; uneasy or anxious; put off or disgusted.

What I was trying to say is that if my boyfriend wanted to have sex whilst I was on my period then I would consider it, because I am comfortable enough with him that I could, but personally I would rather wait til after.
Reply 54

agree. definite contradiction in terms. if youre put off doing it, by definition you arent comfortable.
once me and my bf had sex while i was on my peroid and blood went everywhere and i was so embrassed i told him to look at it and i went to get some new sheets and i came back and he was cleaning it with a tissue i nearly died of embrassment.
once i had a bf that farted in my face while i was giving head the most unattractive thing ever id never infront of a bf. my bf likes hearing me peeing but i find it embrassing peeing near him
Reply 56
True, but to say that couples who aren't comfortable with sex during period must not be mature/serious about each other is also a little silly. It's simply personal preference, and I prefer not to.

it isnt though, come back to me when you've given birth and tell me you still hang on to any shred of dignity after he's seen down the business end :wink:
Reply 57
Whatever, who cares... just be as open with each other as you feel comfortable :|
Original post by Lukey.T
thats nasty. my girl would never pee/fart/**** in front of me and thats how i like it.

And if she showed me her tampons, she'd be straight out the door.

Some things are best kept under wraps.

This, the **** is wrong with people these days? you liberal *****.
Reply 59
Seeing used sanitary towels is a step too far.
That's just gross.

Latest

Trending

Trending