The Student Room Group

Who would win in a fight between the Borg and the Terminator?

I'm going with the Borg - they can adapt and assimilate anything (with an crappy enough/no immune system, for those who will hold up Species 8472 as an counter-argument. :wink: Sure, Terminators might take one or two out ... but by the time they get to the third, the personal shielding has kicked in and the Borg just assimilate, add the Terminator technological distinctiveness to their own. :dontknow:

Any thoughts?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

can borg assimilate machines though??
Nuke that ****

Reply 3
Original post by infernalcradle
can borg assimilate machines though??

Yes, they can assimilate organic and inorganic material; in fact, when they capture a new spaceship, standard procedure is for them to assimilate it (see USS Raven.)
Reply 4
Arnold.
I'd go for Borg. Star Trek > Terminator any day in my book. Weren't Species 8272 defeated by humans anyhow? Who in turn Borg surpass, so it's not really that simple.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Probably the Borg given their adapability.
An entire race (arguably more than just one race) against a single cyborg assassin? Please. That wouldn't even be a fair fight.
Reply 8
Resistance is futile.
Reply 9
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
I'd go for Borg. Star Trek > Terminator any day in my book. Weren't Species 8272 defeated by humans anyhow? Who in turn Borg surpass, so it's not really that simple.

Species 8472 could resist assimilation because their immune system destroyed the nanoprobes before they can get to work. However, the Borg and Voyager's crew worked together (:eek3:) to modify nanoprobes to kill Species 8472 and deliver them in weapon-form.
Reply 10
Original post by 01010000 01001010
An entire race (arguably more than just one race) against a single cyborg assassin? Please. That wouldn't even be a fair fight.

How about a single Borg cube against an equivalent number of Terminators?
Reply 11
Depends, are we talking Arnie, or the full range of Terminators?

Do Borg personal shields work against physical objects?
Reply 12
Resistance is futile brah!
terminator is a piece of poo. the borg would assimilate all of its knowledge and then flush the body because it stinks.
Reply 14
Original post by Steevee
Depends, are we talking Arnie, or the full range of Terminators?

Do Borg personal shields work against physical objects?

Full range and yes, they do. :smile:
Original post by TheSownRose
Species 8472 could resist assimilation because their immune system destroyed the nanoprobes before they can get to work. However, the Borg and Voyager's crew worked together (:eek3:) to modify nanoprobes to kill Species 8472 and deliver them in weapon-form.

I've got to say, I can only vaguely remember that war. It's been far too long, although I'll stick with Borg regardless. :tongue:
The Borg, but the Voth would own them both.
Reply 17
Original post by paddy__power
The Borg, but the Voth would own them both.

How the **** would the Voth own them both? The Borg have already assimilated the Voth - they know the secrets, the Voth can't even hide from them because the Borg will have developed counter-technology.

Original post by TheSownRose
How the **** would the Voth own them both? The Borg have already assimilated the Voth - they know the secrets, the Voth can't even hide from them because the Borg will have developed counter-technology.

Assimilating a few doesn't make them auto immune. Q even states that the voth could potentially take down the Borg although I don't remember when as I have not watched in ages.

I'm biased though
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by paddy__power
Assimilating a few doesn't make them auto immune. Q even states that the voth could potentially take down the Borg although I don't remember when as I have not watched in ages.

I'm biased though

No, but it means they have the knowledge already to defeat them. Q's opinions are dubious, though, because they have the power to alter the 'rules' - it would be like the Krenim making predictions.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest