The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
Haha no idea, i'd probably have to be a police or something, you could be lying to lead me away from my chase but i'm about 85% sure :tongue:, no pictures though...oh wait, facebook! We could have done this the easy way, lol

Just realised you're friends with a girl whose sister i'm friends with cos she went to her college and my dad works with her mum, small world

Really?! Thats weird! Who's the girl? (not that I'm trying to prove you've got the right person or anything... :tongue:)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1341
Original post by josieegriffiths
I am confused about accomodation, i havent been to see any as i was meant to go but we broke down on the motorway haha, my favourites are Devonshire, James balie park or henry price i want somewhere were there is loads going on and a good atmospheree, help :smile:

NHC and JBP are right next to each other though i never saw NHC, JBP is the most famous one, easy and frequent buses to uni, town and headingley and 15 mins walk to both uni and headingley. Quite new, small rooms but really nice i thought same with the toilet, common room sucks, kitchen is a decent size with sofa's to sit on, not sure what else there is to say, if you look at posts closer to the 26th of March you'll get much more detailed reviews

for Henry Price : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Leeds_Accommodation#Henry_Price
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1342
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Really?! Thats weird! Who's the girl? (not that I'm trying to prove you've got the right person or anything... :tongue:)

She's a medic, L***-J F

well i only got 1 person from my search so...

Original post by dmz
NHC and JBP are right next to each other though i never saw NHC, JBP is the most famous one, easy and frequent buses to uni, town and headingley amd 15 mins walk to both uni and headingley for Henry Price : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Leeds_Accommodation#Henry_Price

Thank you im new to this student room thing so dont really know what im doing haha
Original post by dmz
haha, i was trying to be a med student and i can be wild so were my friends who are applying, you do get the arrogant snobby few, but my friend who's a medic fresher has pics up from med nights out and they're pretty crazy, lol

From the threads n on yougo i've seen 2 or 3 people and major's the only dentist i know going so far, emilymay's contemplating it

aaaah yeah yougo :s-smilie: i should really hurry up and get my arse in there XD

Girlwithsharpteeth: probabally :biggrin: seeing somebody else doing japanese is a rare thing XD sucks sometimes.

also, notice how i cant double quote? XD maybe i shouldnt be doing a degree after all :tongue:
Reply 1345
Original post by Lunalocket
aaaah yeah yougo :s-smilie: i should really hurry up and get my arse in there XD

Girlwithsharpteeth: probabally :biggrin: seeing somebody else doing japanese is a rare thing XD sucks sometimes.

also, notice how i cant double quote? XD maybe i shouldnt be doing a degree after all :tongue:

it's not as big as here, only went on it propoerly today tbh. to multi quote it's the button next to quote
Original post by dmz
She's a medic, L***-J F

well i only got 1 person from my search so...

Muahahahaa, not sure you've found me yet then :biggrin: maybe you should put the detective thing on hold!

I am confused about accomodation, i havent been to see any as i was meant to go but we broke down on the motorway haha, my favourites are Devonshire, James balie park or henry price i want somewhere were there is loads going on and a good atmospheree, help :smile:

I think a lot of people liked the look of Devonshire, its an old style building that people have compared to Oxbridge in style, with nice grounds to relax in. However, don't think you're allowed parties there after a certain time (11pm?) and a lot of people have said that it tends to attract the rahs, but obviously the people living there will change every year.

JBP and HP are both in really good locations (HP right on campus). JBP gets very very popular though, with some people saying that if you apply there you only have a 50% chance of actually being allocated a room - someone from the accommodation office has been on this forum recently and has said that it's the most popular place again this year - so a lot of competition for rooms! Otherwise, it's supposed to be lovely - nice and modern in style, bedrooms not too small, en-suites and very sociable. HP is supposed to be good for sociability too but not as nice inside as JBP - you generally have to share a bathroom with 1 other person (there's a very limited number of en-suites) which a lot of people have said looks very scummy (the shower is almost over the toilet :s-smilie:) and has no locks - so you have to be happy with the person you share it with because if they're a bit weird they might walk in on you?

Basically, they all have good points and bad points I'm afraid!
Reply 1347
Muahahahaa, not sure you've found me yet then :biggrin: maybe you should put the detective thing on hold!

Did you not know your own name in the first instance? :colonhash: I'll know if you're lying in a minute :tongue:
Original post by dmz
Did you not know your own name in the first instance? :colonhash: I'll know if you're lying in a minute :tongue:

Lol, then you definitely haven't got the right person if that was meant to be my name :biggrin:

I have trouble double-quoting sometimes too, the button doesn't always work :frown: (least that's what I keep telling myself...) it's hard to meet people doing my course as well
Reply 1349
Lol, then you definitely haven't got the right person if that was meant to be my name :biggrin:

I have trouble double-quoting sometimes too, the button doesn't always work :frown: (least that's what I keep telling myself...) it's hard to meet people doing my course as well

Haha, what was it supposed to be? Just realised i failed :frown:, give me a couple more mins
Original post by dmz
Haha, what was it supposed to be? Just realised i failed :frown:, give me a couple more mins

I have no idea what it was meant to be but definitely not my name or the name of someone on my friends list....

You don't make a very good detective/stalker :wink: I think that means you should stop.... :afraid:
Reply 1351
I have no idea what it was meant to be but definitely not my name or the name of someone on my friends list....

You don't make a very good detective/stalker :wink: I think that means you should stop.... :afraid:

:frown:, my arrogance is only a defense mechanism, i'm poor and defenseless really, hope you're happy, lol. Technology failed me by giving me 1 result but i have a lot more to sift through now

I think a lot of people liked the look of Devonshire, its an old style building that people have compared to Oxbridge in style, with nice grounds to relax in. However, don't think you're allowed parties there after a certain time (11pm?) and a lot of people have said that it tends to attract the rahs, but obviously the people living there will change every year.

JBP and HP are both in really good locations (HP right on campus). JBP gets very very popular though, with some people saying that if you apply there you only have a 50% chance of actually being allocated a room - someone from the accommodation office has been on this forum recently and has said that it's the most popular place again this year - so a lot of competition for rooms! Otherwise, it's supposed to be lovely - nice and modern in style, bedrooms not too small, en-suites and very sociable. HP is supposed to be good for sociability too but not as nice inside as JBP - you generally have to share a bathroom with 1 other person (there's a very limited number of en-suites) which a lot of people have said looks very scummy (the shower is almost over the toilet :s-smilie:) and has no locks - so you have to be happy with the person you share it with because if they're a bit weird they might walk in on you?

Basically, they all have good points and bad points I'm afraid!

thankyou :smile:, thats a bit lame not being able to have parties after 11! tannery looks good to, or is that out the way? do you go to leeds???
Reply 1353
-

Do you have a picture on it?
thankyou :smile:, thats a bit lame not being able to have parties after 11! tannery looks good to, or is that out the way? do you go to leeds???

I'm thinking about the Tannery myself :smile: it's about a 10/15 minute walk both to campus and to the city centre. It looks great - only bad things I've been able to find about it are that there are only about 40 parking spaces for all 500-ish students (not a problem if you don't need your car) and some people have said they don't like the look of the surrounding area very much (I think a few housing estate type bits but there's also loads of other student halls - sentinel towers, opal, etc. so loads of other students) but I don't think it seems that bad at all

Original post by dmz
Do you have a picture on it?

I couldn't possibly comment :colonhash:
Reply 1355
I'm thinking about the Tannery myself :smile: it's about a 10/15 minute walk both to campus and to the city centre. It looks great - only bad things I've been able to find about it are that there are only about 40 parking spaces for all 500-ish students (not a problem if you don't need your car) and some people have said they don't like the look of the surrounding area very much (I think a few housing estate type bits but there's also loads of other student halls - sentinel towers, opal, etc. so loads of other students) but I don't think it seems that bad at all

I couldn't possibly comment :colonhash:

i cba, you'll come to me, lol
Original post by dmz
i cba, you'll come to me, lol

Haha :colone: :yeah:
Reply 1357
Haha :colone: :yeah:

count yourself lucky I'm lazy :tongue:
Original post by dmz
it's not as big as here, only went on it propoerly today tbh. to multi quote it's the button next to quote

ooooh XD well im usually too lazy to check out other buttons and stuff :biggrin:

made an account on yougo!...its pretty dead though :s-smilie:
Reply 1359
ooooh XD well im usually too lazy to check out other buttons and stuff :biggrin:

made an account on yougo!...its pretty dead though :s-smilie:

haha yea it is, i made one last year or the year before and never used it really

Latest