The Student Room Group

Dating a Catholic???

omg dudes

basically i have a date with a cute fellow. ive never been out with a proper catholic before and this fellow is ilke majjjoyrly devout. what do i do?

i mean they only date to get married right, since they cant have sex before marriage. how soon do they want to get married? they have to do a marriage prep course for like 8 months befoe the big day right, so you must get engaged like after 2 months or so :eek:? is kissing allowed?

also i cant stand babies, but i read on the web catholics have to have babies when they marry? and also are all devout catholic fellows virgins? because they arent allowed anal, condoms or sex without producing babies, is oral ok? will they be into nasty stuff after tehy marry like dressing up, light bondage etc, or seeing as they dont have it before marriage, they might not be into any fun things?

also what do catholics do on dates? what do they talk about?

also my family arent catholic and my parents are divoced. is this allowed?

has anyone ever dated a catholic before? what did you do?

im catholic and virgin but i also am open minded, own 5 vibes, want to try nasty stuff when am married and dont much like babies. so im not in the category of strictly raised catholics who only read the Bible.

EDIT: those of you saying "dating a catholic is the same as dating a non catholic" and "my catholic friends are all living with their bfs having sex before marriage, and they dont ever want to marry or have kids" those guys are not practicing the faith. these things are not allowed
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

o.o
You're an idiot, right?
Reply 3
Thank god you don't want kids, I'd hate to think how moronic your offspring would be.
Reply 4
You forget hes a catholic and treat him like hes a normal ****ing human being..
Reply 5
Your talking like we're aliens!!! We're no different to anyone else and they won't judge your family!!! Just be normal and see how it goes, I'm sure it'll be fine!!!
Reply 6
You are actually mental.
I dated a catholic, he had no problem with sex before marriage
Reply 8
Original post by shinytoy
omg dudes

basically i have a date with a cute dude. ive never been out with a proper catholic before and this dude is ilke majjjoyrly devout. what do i do?

i mean they only date to get married right, since they cant have sex before marriage. how soon do they want to get married? they have to do a marriage prep course for like 8 months befoe the big day right, so you must get engaged like after 2 months or so :eek:? is kissing allowed?

also i cant stand babies, but i read on the web catholics have to have babies when they marry? and also are all devout catholic dudes virgins? because they arent allowed anal, condoms or sex without producing babies, is oral ok? will they be into nasty stuff after tehy marry like dressing up, light bondage etc, or seeing as they dont have it before marriage, they might not be into any fun things?

also what do catholics do on dates? what do they talk about?

also my family arent catholic and my parents are divoced. is this allowed?

has anyone ever dated a catholic before? what did you do?

im catholic and virgin but i also am open minded, own 5 vibes, want to try nasty stuff when am married and dont much like babies. so im not in the category of strictly raised catholics who only read the Bible.

I'm not a Catholic but just stop over analysing everything and have fun....
Troll failure.

Negged for this?! WTH?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Troll. Partly because you're talking about catholics in the third person when you claim to be one. Doesn't make all that much sense.

Although essentially everything you've said is so inconsistant. As surely if you were a catholic, even an 'open minded' one the prospect of dating another catholic should not be that daunting.

So yeh you arent getting a serious response to this 'dilema' from me.
(edited 12 years ago)
get to know the guy and maybe ask him rather than a bunch of strangers.:confused::tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
No, kissing is not allowed. Sorry.
Reply 13
11 words in. 2 'dude(s)' already. Stopped reading.
Reply 14
That's what confession is for.
With Catholics, everything is out of bounds. Don't even try and hold hands with him, he'll have you done for sexual assault.
Reply 16
your completely overreacting there. No Catholics don't havvee to have kids. Just ask him about his views, once you get to know him better. I'm sure they're quite subjective from person to person.

btw: if you really want more responses, you should head over to the catholic forum.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Firstly, get him to wear ear plugs so he can't hear the *******s you're spouting.

Secondly, thank your lucky stars somebody was momentarily deranged enough to say yes to going out with you.
Reply 18
Catholics don't necessarily date to get married. Just don't worry about it and enjoy yourself.
if you feel sorry for the guy and you know it clap your hands, if you fe...

:clap2:

Quick Reply

Latest