The Student Room Group

Girls :Good Looks / Personality

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I say Guy C - the super sexy one who knows how to use the search function :coma:
Reply 41
I'm not the best looking guy in the world and I've had some hot girls... It's only an impediment if you make it one. And this idea that beautiful women only reproduce with other attractive men, not true else there would be some sort of human hybrid that would be utterly stunning, and an aesthetic polarization.. which there isn't, women prefer reliable men because they only produce a limited amount of reproductive materials. And also I watched a documentary about test tube babies and the sperm women go for more than any other is the 'nice guys' sperm. Over the more intelligent and the more good looking. Women can be superficial though, i like superficial people though they serve as I constant reminder as to why I'm not.
Reply 42
Neither. I'd go for someone whose personality and looks I like. I'm not going to compromise on either one.
I'd go for the Guy B their personality would make them seem more attractive anyway :smile:
I'm probably more of a Guy B in real life (I'd say I'm 7/7.5 out of 10 judging from others opinions and my rating of past girlfriends/endeavors). My friend is more of a guy A, seriously good looking guy, but shy and lacking in personality.

Guy A in my life is the guy who always gets off with people/has a long conversation with a girl at a club/has girls come up to him.

I'd rather be a Guy A, most girls here are liars
Guy B.

Of course, money trumps all. :tongue:

Seriously though, what's the point being unhappy married to eye-candy, when you could have a great guy? He could look as good as he wants, any attraction towards guy As body would die because of the personality, whilst the attraction to guy B would grow, if it wasn't there that much initially. I'd be attracted to the package, not just the shell. It wouldn't be just that fleeting admiration of "oh, he's hot. Shame about the brain. oh well"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
I'd like to say B, and I'd definitely be friends with B but realistically A
Reply 47
Original post by aeterno
I say Guy C - the super sexy one who knows how to use the search function :coma:

:rofl: this
Reply 48
Original post by fresher123
Only ugly girls go for personality over looks.

You have fun with the golddiggers.
Reply 49
Original post by Anonymous
ok just to make this intresting

Guy A :

looks :9/10
personality:5/10
intelligence:8/10
funny :7/7.5
sociable :6/7

guy B

looks :5/10
personality:9/10
intelligence :6/10
funny:8/10
sociable:8/10

funny and sociable are included in personality , so just giving some more info really..

guy A is a bit like Matt damon in Good will hunting , and Guy B =>Ben affleck
Ben affleck is very good looking , but just lets say he was averge ..

If u put it that way - Guy A...
eventhough Im not a big fan of Damon....I dont really find him that attractive at all, but let us say a "9" is my perception of a 9

Guy A - he is smart, funny (above average) + good looking... ffs is there anything else oO...

What does he lack with a 5 in personality.... from all the other categories I'ld say he is pretty decent : 3

oooh, w8 Guy A he is a so so quiet, hot, intelligent, funny guy.... I see.... dang~ How is guy B better : D - he is just a little bit funnier (not a lot) + more sociable...
(edited 13 years ago)
Not everyone likes the same personality, a 5/10 to you, could be a 9/10 for me. The same applies for looks. Not being pinickety about it though, I would go for personality. Looks only go so far in a relationship, I'm 22 now so whilst it's hardly time to get married and have kids, I wouldn't be interested in little flings so looks are definitely less important.
Reply 51
B- always
Original post by Anonymous
ok just to make this intresting

Guy A :

looks :9/10
personality:5/10
intelligence:8/10
funny :7/7.5
sociable :6/7

guy B

looks :5/10
personality:9/10
intelligence :6/10
funny:8/10
sociable:8/10

funny and sociable are included in personality , so just giving some more info really..

guy A is a bit like Matt damon in Good will hunting , and Guy B =>Ben affleck
Ben affleck is very good looking , but just lets say he was averge ..

Definitely A. Looks and intelligence have a higher weightage... And the person still has a decent personality...
B
but my guy has both :biggrin:
Original post by Threepigs
Depends on what you're goal is...

long term? of course B, quick shag? obviously A. This is from a male perspective.

But even for the quick shag, the time building up to the shag and post shag might make B worth it even then...
Original post by Ich Dien
You have fun with the golddiggers.

You have fun with the ugly girls.
Guy B. :smile:

I am already with one.
Reply 57
I'd say Guy B in the long run, looks do fade after all and I'd choose someone I got on better with any day.

I'd decide based on which one I was genuinely attracted to, looks AND personality.
Definitely Guy B - why would I go for an exceptionally good-looking guy, who probably thinks he's God's gift to women, when I can have a nice, decent guy, who cares about me and is a great laugh, who I can be in a serious relationship with.

For those of you who think that girls who choose guy B are lying in a bid to appear less shallow, stop generalising...not all girls are shallow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending