The Student Room Group

Who would win in a fight between the Borg and the Terminator?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I Would ....

Reply 21
Original post by paddy__power
Assimilating a few doesn't make them auto immune. Q even states that the voth could potentially take down the Borg although I don't remember when as I have not watched in ages.

I'm biased though

Why?
Original post by TheSownRose
No, but it means they have the knowledge already to defeat them. Q's opinions are dubious, though, because they have the power to alter the 'rules' - it would be like the Krenim making predictions.

Spoiler

I remember when I was interested I looked at a lot of fan forums and opinion was split on who would be stronger out of the Borg and the Voth. Assimilating a group and one ship does not give you access to all their secrets at all. I don't even remember where is said any voth had been? The voth are meant to be thousands, if not millions, of years ahead of anyone else in the galaxy in terms of technology.

I'm no expert though, but this has got me interested again so research time :holmes:

(fair play on the Q front though I just remembered reading it)
Original post by Hylean
Why?

Why what?
Reply 24
Why what?

Are you biased?
Original post by Hylean
Are you biased?

Because I think the Voth are awesome.

I mean, we know very little about them but the ease with which they completely owned Voyager made them instantly awesome in my book. I'm still interested to know when the Borg assimilated voth cloaking technology because from what I can find they didn't. We don't know the power of the Voth but we saw a glimpse and that glimpse was pretty awesome.
I would love it of they did another series :moon:
the voth are restricted by doctrine. they are not more powerful than the borg, simply because they refuse to expand.
This thread makes me want to watch Voyager all over again. It's been forever. :moon:
Original post by sniperontheroof
the voth are restricted by doctrine. they are not more powerful than the borg, simply because they refuse to expand.

You don't know how extensive their power is, and the Borg couldn't even see them. The cityship could almost definitely take on a few cubes and win. The issue is whether A) that is their only ship and B) if they could hold off an attack of hundreds of cubes. This is assuming the Borg manage to A) see them B) catch them C) not die to the dampening field D) not have their cube shut down.
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
This thread makes me want to watch Voyager all over again. It's been forever. :moon:

Such a win series.
Such a win series.

Possibly my favourite! You were a Star Trek fanatic? :gah:
Possibly my favourite! You were a Star Trek fanatic? :gah:

For a period. I watched the whole of Voyager in a couple of weeks at most :lol:

I mass watch things. Weirdly I never got into the older series as much, I prefer enterprise, voyager and DS9
Reply 33
It's all about TNG.
For a period. I watched the whole of Voyager in a couple of weeks at most :lol:

I mass watch things. Weirdly I never got into the older series as much, I prefer enterprise, voyager and DS9

I've only recently started mass watching things. Not with Star Trek, but I want to now. I never really watched Star Trek devotedly though - my dad used to, and I'd just sit and watch it with him. :laugh:

Hmm, I can't say I like enterprise as much. Voyager and DS9. :gah: Watched more of them so perhaps it's that.
Original post by Hylean
It's all about TNG.

:laugh: You don't get much better than Picard, Data, Worf, and Geordi.
Reply 36
:laugh: You don't get much better than Picard, Data, Worf, and Geordi.

You forgot Beverly Crusher. Soooooo hot.

But yes, Picard is the ultimate captain/commander/badass in Star Fleet. Even Sisko had to go and copy him.
I've only recently started mass watching things. Not with Star Trek, but I want to now. I never really watched Star Trek devotedly though - my dad used to, and I'd just sit and watch it with him. :laugh:

Hmm, I can't say I like enterprise as much. Voyager and DS9. :gah: Watched more of them so perhaps it's that.

Enterprise was pretty good. Some good characters. Voyager is definitely my favourite though by a considerable margin.

I have this year watched all of so many series. In the last week and a half I have watched 8 series of one tree hill :lol:
Original post by Hylean
You forgot Beverly Crusher. Soooooo hot.

But yes, Picard is the ultimate captain/commander/badass in Star Fleet. Even Sisko had to go and copy him.

Sisko is cool man.
Reply 39
I don't even remember where is said any voth had been?

One of the personalities Seven becomes in "Infinite Regress" is a Voth drone.

The voth are meant to be thousands, if not millions, of years ahead of anyone else in the galaxy in terms of technology.

But they were largely unaware of the Borg, so won't have developed technology to fight them. They may well have been able to hide from the Borg and, in a head-on fight, might take out a cube before adaptation ... but ultimately would be unlikely to prove much of a threat.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest