The Student Room Group

Why are there no A Level foreign language revision guides.

I find it so annoying when I look around bookshops or even Amazon and can't find a single revision guide at A Level standard for French. Does anyone know why this is? I'm not a fluent/native speaker, but I enjoy learning the language, but as we're now approaching exam season, I was wondering how other people prepare, particularly for the written papers. I've started hiring a tutor, but he's so expensive! Do any other MFL candidates share in my frustration?
No A-Level French revision guides??

:eek4:
Do the essay questions off past papers? Does your textbook not have a grammar section at the back of it/ do you not already have notes on the grammar that you should know.
Original post by .snowflake.
Do the essay questions off past papers? Does your textbook not have a grammar section at the back of it/ do you not already have notes on the grammar that you should know.

Good point, but the grammar section doesn't go into enough detail and give many examples. And because I'm with Edexcel, I can't access past papers without a stupid password, and even when I ask my teacher for last year's exam, there are no mark schemes as such.
Original post by Seasick Steve
Good point, but the grammar section doesn't go into enough detail and give many examples. And because I'm with Edexcel, I can't access past papers without a stupid password, and even when I ask my teacher for last year's exam, there are no mark schemes as such.

What sort of things get covered in the Edexcel spec?

:colondollar:

Man is my face red.

Thanks for the links, did you have to embarrass me like that though? Lol...
There are a couple of revision guides kicking around and I also used the s-cool website, the languages online website and the Advanced section of the French revision website.
Reply 8
Original post by Seasick Steve
:colondollar:

Man is my face red.

Thanks for the links, did you have to embarrass me like that though? Lol...

:teehee: sorry :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest