The Student Room Group

My friend is dating a Pr*ck, Do I tell her?

This girl I know has been dating a boy for 3 years.
During their first year together he told me and a group of others hes only with her because hes afraid he wont find anyone else and that her looks repulse him and that he doesn't really love her.
He also told me that same year that I was his perfect girl and he regrets not being with me
Also theres another girl who whenever he gets drunk he tells people to keep him away from her cus he wants to try ad sleep with her.

Shes one of those girls who always has to been in a relationship no matter who and gets very controlling and possessive over her boyfriend and hates other people knowing her relationship isnt perfect and really tries to pretend it is. she also reckons everyone fancies him (which really isnt true). She has also began planning their wedding and what their kids names are going to (he hasn't proposed or anything but shes assuming he will)
She also hates how close me and him used to be so she forbid him from talking to me in private.

(just trying to help you understand what sort of people they are)

She is now refusing to go to a good uni and is going to Cov uni so she can stay in the city with him, she really think theyre going to always be together but I know what hes been saying behind her back and from what ive heard from some of his friends he still feels the same but refuses to end the relatonship.

I feel like I should tell her, but i know she'll accuse me of wanting him for myself or something and will end up hating me and then still want end the relationship, but I really dont think it's fair how hes treating her.
I would talk to him about it but we've drifted so far apart I dont think he'll listen or he'll deny it.

what should i do ?

xxxxx

Scroll to see replies

Go speak with him and try and get him to say some of the stuff he has been, record it and let her listen to it. If she continues then shes ruined her education, career and will have a broken heart
Nothing. Honestly...
Reply 3
Original post by mikeylfc1989
Nothing. Honestly...

why ?
It's a bad answer I just want to hear why I shouldn't say anything :smile:
Reply 4
TLDR - let them be? If they're fine then leave them. If you feel that she's not comfortable then try to talk to her and maybe him also.

Plan B -

So this guy can **** with their minds...

Glad I helped.
If you know of someone else who thought they'd found their husband who turned out to be a nasty piece of work, say you fear the same thing for her.
I'd not say anything to her, it could potentially ruin your friendship, and it all comes out in the wash eventually anyway.
Reply 7
let her burn her fingers. if you try to warn her, she'l tell you that you're jealous that she's the one who gets to play with the fire, not you.
Reply 8
Leave an anonymous note in her bag or locker (if you have them). Or make a temporary email address and email her everything. That way she will raise it with him, and may see sense, and you can deny all knowledge.
On the other hand, if she ignores it then I would say that going to Coventry isn't the end of her life and she may learn some valuable lessons.
Do not say a thing
Reply 10
yes tell her - p.s ur a good friend :smile:
Reply 11
Tell the guy what she's like (planning a wedding, baby names ect) and if he refuses to do anything about it and is happy to go along with whatever this girl assumes then there isn't anything you can do. If the guy is happy to let her throw away her career and education for him then yeah he's not a nice guy, but there isn't much you can do. If you say something you'll just get abused for getting involved.
Bit of a sticky situation actually :/

Then again, if you consider yourself good friends with this girl then tell her. I would hate it if my friends knew something about my boyfriend and didn't mention it, especially if I was planning on spending the rest of my life with this guy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Though its a great idea to want to tell her, from the previous history that she seem to be jealous of your closeness etc it may be a case that she will just shoot the messenger and get angry with you. Maybe you could just ask her how things are going, and broach certain subjects gently, e.g the uni issue and is she doing it for the right reasons. How about talking to some of his guy mates and seeing if they will talk to him? Its always hard to judge a relationship from the outside, but if thats how he feels he owes her better than to lead her on rather than be alone.
tell her,tell her why you weren't gonna tell her (jealousy,thinking you wanted him for yourself),video/tape record him saying stuff about her,if you've got him on msn or something screenie/save the convo he said it to you in,show her,if he says it to you in email,show her.just make sure you get proof first - that's my experience,one of my friends is dating a prick.he asked me to **** him etc.i told her why i wasnt gonna tell her,then i gathered all the proof i could and showed her and it's worked.:smile: good luck!

if it doesnt work,it will end eventually,she will have screwed up her life for him and shell come running back to you lol.
Original post by emiliee21
why ?
It's a bad answer I just want to hear why I shouldn't say anything :smile:

Seems to be living in some sort of fantasy in which she has the perfect boyfriend. Until she realises it's false, she won't listen to anything negative anyone has to say about him.
Based on this, you probably won't break the news subtly to her. :redface:
I think you should tell her.... if it was just petty fantasy she had it would be okay to let her find out herself but when her education is involved and her whole future as a friend you should feel the need to tell her.
Original post by NGC773
Go speak with him and try and get him to say some of the stuff he has been, record it and let her listen to it. If she continues then shes ruined her education, career and will have a broken heart

Kinda illegal but would probably work :biggrin:
Reply 17
Try and record him saying that stuff to you. Warp your voice and leave the recording anonymously for her.
Let your friend make their own mistakes.
Original post by A level Az
Kinda illegal but would probably work :biggrin:

How is it illegal?!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending