The Student Room Group

Guys: It really isn't that hard

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good for you! Shows how simple it really is. And that most girls are actually nice :smile:
This is the right way to go about approaching someone. :smile:
Original post by alijimi
Or maybe not everyone is that lucky to get the girl's number and hang out with her, even if they had confidence :s-smilie:

Oh yeh that as well! Or maybe the girl is a complete **** and gives him a fake number? Possibilities are endless. Maybe he dances naked in front of her and drags her back to his cave and makes her boil rabbit skin? You never know...
Reply 22
Original post by Jadelyndsey
:biggrin: hahaha :wink:. Don't quite understand what you mean about modest though?

As in, your telling him hes more confident than he thinks he is. Im thinking that whilst arrogance is intollerable, understating yourself wont turn people off like that

Original post by alijimi
Or maybe not everyone is that lucky to get the girl's number and hang out with her, even if they had confidence :s-smilie:

Luck would be the girl approaching him. That was him taking control of the situation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by midlandsman
That's what she said.

Legendary.
Original post by Ich Dien
As in, your telling him hes more confident than he thinks he is. Im thinking that whilst arrogance is intollerable, understating yourself wont turn people off like that

Unless you understate yourself so much so that you have no level of confidence what so ever, which then becomes a turn off to others? If you ask me, the quiet understated ones are the best hahaha!
Reply 25
Good for you OP. Even though im a girl this has still given me confidence to not be so shy with approaching guys! :biggrin:
But how can you go up to a girl and say "where are you going" withou coming across as a total creep?
Reply 27
Original post by bognor-regis
Well, speaking for myself I'd have to disagree and say that it's very hard. rock hard. I could use it as a towel rack.

I read this and then looked up, quite by coincidence, to see the phrase "adored and respected member" beneath your name :colondollar:
Reply 28
Well yes, but I still think girls should do some of the approaching.
Reply 29
Unless you understate yourself so much so that you have no level of confidence what so ever, which then becomes a turn off to others? If you ask me, the quiet understated ones are the best hahaha!

The OP had to perform the action, (so I could see his reaction) before I could consider him modest

Yeah, I talk a lot of **** :rofl3:

Original post by Danz123
Well yes, but I still think girls should do some of the approaching.

I dont think you can make that generalisation because Its relative to each situation.
You have to take oppertunities while they are there. Take it regardless or leave it and regret it, not a case of who should be doing what.
(edited 13 years ago)
The OP had to perform the action, (so I could see his reaction) before I could consider him modest

Yeah, I talk a lot of **** :rofl3:

You do. It's at least mildly comprehendable **** though?
Reply 31
Damn, this thread was such an anti-climax :sad:
Reply 32
Original post by lazyswot
Good for you! Shows how simple it really is. And that most girls are actually nice :smile:
This is the right way to go about approaching someone. :smile:

Most girls?!!!! :lolwut: I'm not sure, although it sounds very simple: "hey, where are you going, can I invite you for a coffee"? The girl was nice and open-minded but most girls would have told him to gtfo, especially if they have never seen him before!! :date:
Original post by Harry.C
Make sure your sister doesn't hang her towel on it- she may get pregnant.
qfr
Reply 34
It's a lot harder online for some reason....
The OP had to perform the action, (so I could see his reaction)

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's seperation to increase the population of the next generation...

I'll stop now.
Reply 36
Original post by alijimi
Most girls?!!!! :lolwut: I'm not sure, although it sounds very simple: "hey, where are you going, can I invite you for a coffee"? The girl was nice and open-minded but most girls would have told him to gtfo, especially if they have never seen him before!! :date:

This.
There were a few threads in this forum a few months ago that just underlined the fact that it has NOTHING at all to do it with what you say to a woman.
It all depends on your height and how handsome you are.
Reply 37
Luck would be the girl approaching him. That was him taking control of the situation.

Taking control of the situation means nothing if the girl rejects you :date:
Original post by bognor-regis
Come on man, give me a break please. I made one bad error of judgement :frown:(and I'm not gonna jack off in the pool anymore) and one mistake with not understanding how the anon function works:mad:.

I bet you've made mistakes in your life.

Perhaps he has, but none quite as hilarious as that.
Reply 39
You do. It's at least mildly comprehendable **** though?

Mildy? Can you understand what I say or not? :lol:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending