The Student Room Group

Guys: It really isn't that hard

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by alijimi
Most girls?!!!! :lolwut: I'm not sure, although it sounds very simple: "hey, where are you going, can I invite you for a coffee"? The girl was nice and open-minded but most girls would have told him to gtfo, especially if they have never seen him before!! :date:

They'd just come out of the same lecture, so he wasn't just some random weirdo, and he said hi first and asked what she was up to next in a friendly small talk kind of way. She could probably tell from all that that he wasn't creepy.
And he asked if she wanted to get a coffee, which is a more casual way of getting to know someone than asking her out on a formal date, and doesn't come with the same kind of pressure and expectations. So he did the whole thing very well I think, and I'd probably say yes in that situation. I think a lot of other girls would too!
Original post by Ich Dien
Mildy? Can you understand what I say or not? :lol:

Define "understand" ? I joke :biggrin:. I understand that you would wish to see the actual scenario of the OP's specific situation before you could actually make a judgement on his level of confidence/modesty and what not.

My head hurts now. Shhh oh complicated one. :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by mobius323
It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's seperation to increase the population of the next generation...

I'll stop now.

Why? do what you fecking like. Im not gonna burst into tears :lol:

Original post by Jadelyndsey
My head hurts now.

Embrace it, the longer it hurts the more you get used to it :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
But how can you go up to a girl and say "where are you going" withou coming across as a total creep?

Well you'd say hi and introduce yourself first, duh

It was more because that's all that South Park said. Or at least, all I can remember. Too much Chemistry revision today. :<

Embrace it, the longer it hurts the more you get used to it :biggrin:

:frown: You're just a headache wrapped up in a mind-fu(k, surrounded by a sea of non-sensical utterances aren't you? Kudos dude :biggrin: V. inspirational.
Reply 46
Original post by alijimi
Taking control of the situation means nothing if the girl rejects you :date:

It does, because if you can take control of the situation is means your not afraid to say how you feel.

The difference is in the action, not the outcome. :rolleyes:

If you get rejected, so ****ing what? She doesnt like you anyway (you dont know, you may find a friend regardless) so why does what she thinks matters to you?
Her and her friends laugh at you? well **** her then. Find somebody more deserving..

Original post by Jadelyndsey
:frown: You're just a headache wrapped up in a mind-fu(k, surrounded by a sea of non-sensical utterances aren't you? Kudos dude :biggrin: V. inspirational.

Thank you. Id have it NO other way :lol:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Aesc
I read this and then looked up, quite by coincidence, to see the phrase "adored and respected member" beneath your name :colondollar:

haha. Well I adore and respect myself, so it's valid.
Reply 48
I am really similar to the OP.

OP, thank you for this. You have just taught me a new approach.

More competition now; watch out OP :wink:
Reply 49
Original post by lazyswot
They'd just come out of the same lecture, so he wasn't just some random weirdo, and he said hi first and asked what she was up to next in a friendly small talk kind of way. She could probably tell from all that that he wasn't creepy.
And he asked if she wanted to get a coffee, which is a more casual way of getting to know someone than asking her out on a formal date, and doesn't come with the same kind of pressure and expectations. So he did the whole thing very well I think, and I'd probably say yes in that situation. I think a lot of other girls would too!

A lot of girls would say that they have no time, or that they have a boyfriend and most of the girls actually have :rolleyes:. So accepting his invitation for a coffee doesn't mean it will go far, and I'm saying it from a guy's point of view as I know what guys have in mind when they invite a girl for something :cool:
Reply 50
Original post by alijimi
A lot of girls would say that they have no time, or that they have a boyfriend and most of the girls actually have :rolleyes:. So accepting his invitation for a coffee doesn't mean it will go far, and I'm saying it from a guy's point of view as I know what guys have in mind when they invite a girl for something :cool:

Evidence?
Im sorry, but that attitude is why you dont find the awesome type of girls hanging around the place.

Not to mention, the OP didnt approach the girl with a sexface on. Levelheaded girls can see the guys with honorable intentions because of the way they put themselves across..

Fatalism will get you **** all.
Taking responsibility its the best thing, trust me and the OP.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
It does, because if you can take control of the situation is means your not afraid to say how you feel.

The difference is in the action, not the outcome.... :rolleyes:

But the (hopefully positive) outcome is the reason why you are acting, so being confident and showing your feelings is very good, but that is wasted if you get nothing.

"So what"!! you are right. She rejects me, I approach another girl, although this is not fun, at least for me :angry:
Reply 52
Evidence?
Im sorry, but that attitude is why you dont find the awesome type of girls hanging around the place.

Not to mention, the OP didnt approach the girl with a sexface on. Levelheaded girls can see the guys with honorable intentions because of the way they put themselves across..

Fatalism will get you **** all.
Taking responsibility its the best thing, trust me and the OP.

If I hadn't run out of rep, I would have +repped you. Your post is a refreshing change from a lot of the opinions you read on TSR.
Reply 53
Original post by alijimi
But the (hopefully positive) outcome is the reason why you are acting, so being confident and showing your feelings is very good, but that is wasted if you get nothing.

"So what"!! you are right. She rejects me, I approach another girl, although this is not fun, at least for me :angry:

Dude, your doing this for yourself, not for her. The effort is not wasted because you are a better (you feel better) person for being able to do that, you could do it again rather than going back to sitting on your hands forever.

Im not saying its fun (although it could be), and im no ****ing player, and im not a prize catch ethier. I know where you coming from. Ive lived in the pit I dug for myself for years, But im now realising Its time to 'man the **** up' before the oppertunity im very lucky to have escapes me for good.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
I dont think you can make that generalisation because Its relative to each situation.
You have to take oppertunities while they are there. Take it regardless or leave it and regret it, not a case of who should be doing what.

That's true, but what I got from the OP implied that guys should be stepping up and asking more, when girls give their 'hints'. I'm not saying that girls don't ever do the approaching, that was just a reply to the OP.
Reply 55
Original post by Danz123
That's true, but what I got from the OP implied that guys should be stepping up and asking more, when girls give their 'hints'. I'm not saying that girls don't ever do the approaching, that was just a reply to the OP.

Thats what I think hes saying to, and thats what I think guys should be doing

Because TBH. If you sit back and wait for the girl you fancy to drop into your lap its Your loss.
You reap what you sow, be it nothing or some clunge.
But its universal to: Girls,Gays can be in exactly the same situation.
If you take gender out of the equation, you are saying exactly the same thing I think.

everyone could do with being a bit braver.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Thats what I think hes saying to, and thats what I think guys should be doing

Because TBH. If you sit back and wait for the girl you fancy to drop into your lap its Your loss.
You reap what you sow, be it nothing or some clunge.
But its universal to: Girls,Gays can be in exactly the same situation.
If you take gender out of the equation, you are saying exactly the same thing I think.

everyone could do with being a bit braver.

Exactly, just one thing: *guys xD sorry, I'm a bit of a 'grammar Nazi' as they call it.
Reply 57
Original post by Danz123
Exactly, just one thing: *guys xD sorry, I'm a bit of a 'grammar Nazi' as they call it.

Doesnt matter :biggrin: But in any case, Id rather not be able to write at all than write bad/ignorant things all my life.
Reply 58
Original post by midlandsman
That's what she said.

I cannot believe this was the first comment!

Very cool man
OP Is A phag,SHE WAS DRIVING LMAO.

so beta

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending