The Student Room Group

King's VS Royal Holloway VS UCL for physics?

I've received offers from Royal Holloway, King's and UCL.
Which one's better for physics?
UCL
Reply 2
Original post by themagicpiano

Original post by themagicpiano
UCL

But on the guardian website royal holloway is 2nd in the UK for physics. :s-smilie: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2010/jun/04/university-guide-physics
And I've heard that people only think UCL is good cause of it's name
Reply 3
UCL > Kings > RHUL
Reply 4
Both Kings and RHUL will give you excellent degrees and both are very good for physics. But UCL is slightly ahead of them both in terms of reputation, employment prospects and teaching. Especially since UCL has a slight science bias... Also, i wouldn't worry too much about individual league tables
V. nice position to be in though...
Reply 5
To be honest, league table based on individual subjects are often inaccurate. Out of those, UCL has the best reputation and will look best to employers and such.
Reply 6
BUMP for this thread, i'm in the same situation of this guy, 1 year after:
RHUL, KCL or UCL? which one is best? not only for teaching, also accomodation and social life. so what do you people think?
Reply 7
Original post by ader1
RHUL, KCL or UCL? which one is best? not only for teaching, also accomodation and social life. so what do you people think?

KCL and UCL are the same social life wise as it's London. RHUL is a campus so it's going to be quite different. Accommodation - going to pretty much the same standard wise for all 3 but KCL and UCL will be sig more expensive. As reputation for teaching goes UCL > KCL > RHUL.
Original post by ader1

I've heard RHUL can be a bit dead at weekends as loads of londoners go home.
Reply 9
thank you for answering. so, it looks like everyone agrees that UCL is the best for teaching. and i pretty much can imagine how life goes on in london. but what it's like to live in a campus? there are no campuses in italy, therefore my personal experience related to that sort of life is 0. (BTW, every time i see a picture of RHUL my first thought is "hogwarts")

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending