The Student Room Group

How do i compete with this?!

In my flat theres a guy who comes from a very well off family. His family runs a busienss that turns over millions in profit each year. He also trades forex markets and makes a lot of money from it (Ive seen how much he makes, hes at uni and makes more than someone working fulltime)

Hes intelligent
Good looking
Dresses very smart
And speaks correctly, never swears and is always respectful

All the girls in my flat loves him and hes really popular in the union. When we go out he ussualy buys us all loads of expensive drinks, he offers to pay for everything most of the time.

Just yesterday he went out to the city with 3 of the other flat mates who are girls to watch a movie, he paid. They went to get something to eat and drink, he paid. They went to grab new dresses for a formal, he paid, the dresses combined cost close to £1000.

Hes got so much money and doesnt care about giving it away and spoling others.

My point is; how do i compete with that? All the girls want to be around him, all the lads love him!
Reply 1
get rich or die tryin
Who said girls aint attracted to money!

How much money does he make trading forex?
Reply 3
Dont try and compete with it! Just be you. Sure those girls are gonna love him and want to hang out with him if hes buying them dresses and drinks (cant believe they let him buy crazy expensive dresses) but money cant buy everything.. surely its better to want to hang out with someone cause there a nice person?
Reply 4
Original post by Hanzing
Dont try and compete with it! Just be you. Sure those girls are gonna love him and want to hang out with him if hes buying them dresses and drinks (cant believe they let him buy crazy expensive dresses) but money cant buy everything.. surely its better to want to hang out with someone cause there a nice person?

I guess ill just have to be me! Hes a very nice person too though, and has loads of confidence but not too much so it makes him look like a prick or like he has a huge ego
Reply 5
Don't. Be your own man.
Reply 6
Learn to trade like he does?
If not just to earn a nice bit of cash on the side.

Plus - you don't have to woo your housemates - there are other people at your university y'know.
Reply 7

eh? eh? eh?
Reply 8
Surely you want a girl that isn't as shallow as that? He's doing you a favour, showing you the priorities of the girls in your flat. Wait until you find one that's right for you.
I hate people like that. They're not being generous etc, they're trying to get control over others.
Reply 10
You can not compete with that.
You need to find some mates that are less good looking, less wealthy and less popular.
Original post by RDL445
In my flat theres a guy who comes from a very well off family. His family runs a busienss that turns over millions in profit each year. He also trades forex markets and makes a lot of money from it (Ive seen how much he makes, hes at uni and makes more than someone working fulltime)

Hes intelligent
Good looking
Dresses very smart
And speaks correctly, never swears and is always respectful

All the girls in my flat loves him and hes really popular in the union. When we go out he ussualy buys us all loads of expensive drinks, he offers to pay for everything most of the time.

Just yesterday he went out to the city with 3 of the other flat mates who are girls to watch a movie, he paid. They went to get something to eat and drink, he paid. They went to grab new dresses for a formal, he paid, the dresses combined cost close to £1000.

Hes got so much money and doesnt care about giving it away and spoling others.

My point is; how do i compete with that? All the girls want to be around him, all the lads love him!

I'm not a one for silver spooners myself :/ Financial status should be achieved, not ascribed in my books.

The girls sound like they are after him for the cash though.

And p.s, of course you can compete! Plenty of fish in the sea! Plenty of toenails in Mc' burgers :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by beepbeeprichie
I hate people like that. They're not being generous etc, they're trying to get control over others.

Huge statement to say when you dont even know him personally!
Original post by Gap4
Huge statement to say when you dont even know him personally!

Not really. Almost all people who buy stuff for strangers are (perhaps subconsciously) trying to get something from the other person. He bought those dresses for those girls so that they 'owe' him something.
Reply 14
Original post by beepbeeprichie
Not really. Almost all people who buy stuff for strangers are (perhaps subconsciously) trying to get something from the other person. He bought those dresses for those girls so that they 'owe' him something.

Ive only known him since september but i dont think hes that type of guy. Even though he has a lot of girl attention hes only been with one girl who he really likes and is dating atm i think
Reply 15
Tell everyone that trading FOREX is for pussies, while real men engage in CFD trading & Financial Spread betting. Start trading, turn £1,000 into a mil in a month and be balling. Models and Bottles.
Original post by Kingpin101
Tell everyone that trading FOREX is for pussies, while real men engage in CFD trading & Financial Spread betting. Start trading, turn £1,000 into a mil in a month and be balling. Models and Bottles.

This. Leverage to the max and in a month youll be buying those girls £10,000 dresses each and going on long weekend trips to vegas every other weekend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending