The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by diamonddust
My thoughts exactly!
What grades do you need? :smile:

I'm doing an access course and need 36 level 3 credits at distinction, which I feel is extremely high. I have 12/18 at the moment so its going to be tight :eek:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by GaryPowers
Speaking of freshers. I certainly hope 2011-2012's freshers are better than 2010-2011's. Just being as 2009's were better, seems to have lost their touch.

:zomg: But.. we're a delightful bunch!
Reply 182
Original post by DTDD
Hey hey hey. There is nothing wrong with the 2010 Freshers thank you very much!

I look forward to watching all you 2011 Freshers getting obliterated in the LCR during your first week!

I do History, so any questions hit me up.

I won't dissapoint :wink:
Reply 183
Original post by howzatt
I'm doing an access course and need 36 level 3 credits at distinction, which I feel is extremely high. I have 12/18 at the moment so its going to be tight :eek:

Good luck fella. I'm doing an access course too but luckily picked History/Philosophy which only requires 45 credits at merit! I've seen on here that UEA asked someone for 45 @ distinction so it could've been worse I suppose.

Props for the Aphex Twin av btw, Lucy.
(edited 13 years ago)
You know you're a little bit obsessed when you do a double take when East Anglia is mentioned on the weather actually thinking it applies to you. *sigh*

Is it September yet?
Reply 185
Original post by Withered
Good luck fella. I'm doing an access course too but luckily picked History/Philosophy which only requires 45 credits at merit! I've seen on here that UEA asked someone for 45 @ distinction so it could've been worse I suppose.

Props for the Aphex Twin av btw, Lucy.

Thanks mate, 45@ distinction...ouch. A mate on my course has an offer for 45 merits as well, if only I had such a luxury...lol.. The nightmare part for me is waiting for the assignments to return,it's like your life is put on hold...

Fingers crossed we'll all make it.
Reply 186
Definately lots of women in this thread..... firming UEA. :tongue:

Gonna join deviant society I think and probs some form of sport/ martial art.
Original post by Jakelee
Definately lots of women in this thread..... firming UEA. :tongue:

Gonna join deviant society I think and probs some form of sport/ martial art.

LOL :tongue:

I was like that with Kent... good course... check, accomodation? Too expensive... location? Take it or leave it... hot guys? :awesome: Insurance choice, it is! I have no intention of actually going there though. Thanks to UEA being so awesome, it's UEA or reapplication!

My revision has gone to poo! I can't concentrate... done 3 out of the 5 topics I was meant to do by now. On a 'break'- like I haven't been on a break for the past 2 hours :rolleyes: :tongue:- until 2:30 and then it's back to work... I hope!

WHY IS REVISION SO BORING??? :rolleyes:
Original post by webbers
In first year you do a module called probability which is quite similar to the A level stats - poisson and binomial and all that stuff. You can choose statistics modules in second and third year, but I didn't take them so not too sure what they involve.

This may be hard to answer... but what are the job prospects like for a UEA graduate? and is the uni generally respected by employers? thanks
Reply 189
No, UEA is in debt; it was on the news today.
Reply 190
Put UEA as my insurance for Bsc Chemistry. But would be really happy to go there!
Original post by KateSW
Put UEA as my insurance for Bsc Chemistry. But would be really happy to go there!

Chemistry ftw. Though I'm applying for MChem.
Reply 192
Original post by ass_master
This may be hard to answer... but what are the job prospects like for a UEA graduate? and is the uni generally respected by employers? thanks

I think job prospects are pretty good, apparently quite a lot of maths graduates end up working for Aviva. Some have gone into cryptoanalysis, some have become teachers or go onto postgrad. The uni is respected, I think it's around the top 20 mark.
Reply 193
Out of curiosity, where did you hear about the Aviva thing? It makes sense what with Aviva part teaching the acturial science degree.

It's of particular interest to me as I'm starting Maths at UEA this September and I'm very keen to work at Aviva haha.
Original post by r_mar
Out of curiosity, where did you hear about the Aviva thing? It makes sense what with Aviva part teaching the acturial science degree.

It's of particular interest to me as I'm starting Maths at UEA this September and I'm very keen to work at Aviva haha.

Perhaps you might be interested in actuarial science at the UEA instead? Information for this degree is available on the UEA website. As for maths at the UEA, it is a good school yet the probability module in your first year will make you pull your hair out.
Reply 195
Original post by mobius323
Chemistry ftw. Though I'm applying for MChem.

Ahh yay Chemistry! Yeah I think I may change on to the MChem course - but I reckon it's easier to do once i'm at uni because this way I get a better offer :smile:
Original post by KateSW
Ahh yay Chemistry! Yeah I think I may change on to the MChem course - but I reckon it's easier to do once i'm at uni because this way I get a better offer :smile:

I went for my interview and got my offer changed from ABB to BBB, so the offer isn't really an issue. Just worth getting ABB or AAB because of the scholarships they offer.

I do believe that the first year is common for everyone, so I'd be in your lectures first year, regardless.

I seriously can't ****ing wait. Gahhhhhh!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by mobius323
I went for my interview and got my offer changed from ABB to BBB, so the offer isn't really an issue. Just worth getting ABB or AAB because of the scholarships they offer.

I do believe that the first year is common for everyone, so I'd be in your lectures first year, regardless.

I seriously can't ****ing wait. Gahhhhhh!

Yeah hopefully the offer isn't a problem for me too!! Especially since it's my insurance choice too...
Yeah the first two years are the same for all if we both go there will definately see you!! I've firmed liverpool but it's harder to get in so who knows where i'll end up!! Where is your insurance?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 198
I want to be an actuary but I don't want to do an actuarial science degree to be honest.
Original post by KateSW
Yeah hopefully the offer isn't a problem for me too!! Especially since it's my insurtance choice too...
Yeah the first two years are the same for all if we both go there will definately see you!! I've firmed liverpool but it's harder to get in so who knows where i'll end up!! Where is your insurance?

My insurance is Hertfordshire to study Biochemistry, though I might end up turning it down if it was my only option. I really want to study Chemistry. I should have picked a Chemistry insurance... Lmfao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending