The Student Room Group

How many people do you text a day?

I've been thinking this over in my mind, and i've been wondering.

How many different boys/girls do you text every day.

Me, for example, i've texted 5 people today and i text around 7-10 people 'regularly'. I wondered whether i was high/low on the social texting scale.

How many people did you text today and how many do you regularly text?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
During year 7-11 i was constantly texting. Then in sixth form it went down and now i maybe send 4/5 texts a week
Reply 3
whats even funnier is that texting people mean nothing tbh ....
"social texting scale" is that something to make you feel better about yourself.... use the phone its better
Reply 4
That line was kind of a joke. I'm just curious.
Now that I have unlimited texts, I send about 1500 a month... but most texts seem to be pointless, as if you were having a conversation on Facebook chat for example. I'm just getting good value...

And oh, this is probably about 5/6 regular people maybe.
I text my boyfriend every day. Then sometimes a couple of other mates.
Reply 7
i text T-mobile everyday
Reply 8
There's around 5 people that I text on a regular basis. It's just something to do when I'm bored or in-between activities really.
Reply 9
The big zero.

Although I would think the average teenager would text around 10-20 a day.
I only ever text about 4 people?
Half the time just to see where someone is/meeting them or something
Reply 11
Five today. Probably about three to six most days.
Reply 12
Usually bout 4. When I was younger I was really into texting but now i'm juts blahhhh.
Reply 13
3/4 today but generally varies between 2 - 10+ depending on whats happening.
Today I've texted 4 people... I text my boyfriend every day... varies from 1-2 to 20 ish. Then I text some family regularly, as well as 2 of my close friends.
I hardly text anyone a day unless we're meeting up or something otherwise I don't text , I do speak to my best mate everyday through text.
Original post by Harry32

Me, for example, i've texted 5 people today and i text around 7-10 people 'regularly'. I wondered whether i was high/low on the social texting scale.

Not many, I never really texted a lot of people I just text one or two people loads, before we lived together I would text my boy about 20 (wild guess) times day, I will text me dad to ask how is feeling (he has juts come out of hospital) and I might text my mum to ask if its a good time to call or if I need to ask her something. Most of my text to my bf these days are 'do I need to buy bread and milk on my way home?'
Reply 17
Original post by Harry32

Original post by Harry32

This is irrelevant when you have a Blackberry!

I hardly text.
I don't text to people. I let them text to me.
Reply 19
I'm the worlds slowest texter, so I ring people instead - I guess my input isn't needed here :frown:
Ringwise, I ring my boyfriend every night and probably around three other people regularly, ie. atleast twice a week.

Obviously us phonecall type of people are even more hated than I anticipated, thanks for that neg :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending